WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yes another belt but something a bit different

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Yes another belt but something a bit different  Empty
PostSubject: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 am

Tbh you guys may have hit your boredom threshold for seeing pictures of the belts i make ages ago but i wanted to share this one (i cant promise it will be the last lol) i was commissioned to make this, its a custom three coloured belt that is actually reversible to have a slightly different pattern on each side, whats black on one side is green on the other and vise versa...

Yes another belt but something a bit different  27882710
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 am

talented lad for sure
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 am

Well i can only take my hat off to you david i wouldn't have the patience to do them , they must take you ages to make ? Out of interest how long does it take you to make a belt ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:19 am

when i first started doing them a plain one would take me about 10 hours but ive got it down to about 6/7 now however belts with more than one colour take a bit longer, planning where the colours will go to make the pattern makes it more tricky i started this one 3 times before i was happy so these are still around the 8/9 hour mark and unlike the first one i ever made thats not all in one go the fingers just cant take it. My personal preference is to line up a couple of good films and just do it whilst watching them.

Now this is done i have one more commissioned belt to do then im going to make a prototype for a replica of the chain suit belt, i have found a gold curb chain, although its a little thin it will be ok for the first one but i worked out i needed 12 metres of chain to do one macrame belt....should be interesting
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:23 am

would you ever try to make a jumpsuit ?????
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:28 am

Because of the great quality it would add to any ETA's show David so what your doing is fantastic , just out of interest how much do you charge for the belts ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:47 am

i've considered making a jumpsuit but theres a big gap in what i am capable of and what i would need to do to make one, studding i think i could do but not the actual tailoring.

as for prices paul it varies depending on what you want...a single colour/ two or three, chains, conchos, also size kids sizes or above average waist sizes would effect it and sometimes specific colours are more expensive than others....all the cord i use is proper macrame cord imported from Michigan in the US unlike many other belt makers over here who use cheaper inferior materials
Back to top Go down
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:56 am

Looks really great that David very talented
you must have loads of patience mate
love to see more as you do them Not worthy Thumbs
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

PostSubject: Re: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:46 am

thanks and dont worry i cant help but show you guys its helps my ego lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yes another belt but something a bit different    Yes another belt but something a bit different  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes another belt but something a bit different
Page 1 of 1