WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

‘Elvis’ to perform at winter event

Go down 
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

‘Elvis’ to perform at winter event Empty
PostSubject: ‘Elvis’ to perform at winter event   ‘Elvis’ to perform at winter event Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:57 am

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2uz54w

On Feb. 21, Elvis will be in the room — at St. Therese Catholic Church at 7 p.m. for the Allied Arts Council Winter Event, which featured “The Southern Fried Chicks” in 2007.

“Elvis” is Travis Ledoyt, an impersonator who performs the music of young, 50s and 60s-era Elvis. He performs with a full live band.

Performances are filled with classics such as “Hound Dog,” “Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear,” “Jailhouse Rock,” “Love Me Tender” and “All Shook Up” and are convincingly portrayed by Ledoyt and his band in shows that last for hours.

Ledoyt seeks to evoke the “something special that Elvis had that is unexplainable — a sort of charisma that charmed everyone.”

Ledoyt credits some of “the King’s” continuing popularity, especially with the younger generation, to tribute acts such as his own, which keep “his memory and image out in front of thousands of people.”

“I have to say I really have been blessed to be able to do what I do and I just hope we can continue to entertain people for a long time to come. I really do love the music and the man and I hope that I honor his memory and can bring a part of him to fans who never got to see him, rekindle great memories for those who did and share his music with the next generation who never knew him at all,” said Ledoyt.

Brought to the community by the Bradley/Cleveland Chamber of Commerce and The Bank of Cleveland, Ledoyt charmed local crowds once before in a May 2007 performance at Evening Shade Concerts in the Park.

Tickets for Ledoyt’s Feb. 21 performance can be purchased at the Bradley/Cleveland Chamber of Commerce, 423-472-6587.
Back to top Go down

‘Elvis’ to perform at winter event
Page 1 of 1