WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show Empty
PostSubject: Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show   Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:32 am

Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show - owned by Ernst Jorgensen

Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show Ephayr10

Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show - owned by Ernst Jorgensen: Interesting news via EP Gold that Ernst Jorgensen may own the complete tape of the Saturday, December 15, 1956 Hayride Show. Joey Kent from the Louisiana Hayride Archives stated the following to Andylon from EP Gold.
"I lost out several years ago in a bidding war with Ernst Jorgensen for the tape of Elvis's final Hayride show. I can confirm the tape does exist - I heard samples of several tracks. The seller had made a deal with me but then backed out once BMG took interest, and he ended up selling to them.
I told him if he sold it to me I would put it out and tell the story of how his father, a Texarkana DJ, had recorded the tape off the radio back in 1956, and how the tape came to be saved. He could have been famous! I told him if he sold it to BMG, it would most likely be put in a vault...and so it has happened.
I don't know of any plans for them to put it out. Sony would have to pay me as I own the rights to all of Elvis Presley's Hayride songs - maybe that's why it hasn't come out yet. They deal in big sales and if it weren't for Jorgensen's Follow That Dream label, a lot of collector material would never find its way out, which is a shame.
I would hope this early concert - 10 songs covering about 35 minutes, would be enough to warrant a release sometime soon.
- Thanks, Joey Kent, The Louisiana Hayride Archives"
Elvis Hayride show, Saturday, December 15, 1956.
Tracklist: Heartbreak Hotel, Long Tall Sally, I Was The One, Love Me Tender, Don't Be Cruel, Love Me, I Got A Woman, When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again, Paralyzed, Hound Dog, (News, Source;EP Gold)

www.elvisinfonet.com
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show   Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 4:45 pm

BMG do have this show and it will be released in the near future.

Quite looking forward to this, especially for the slowed-down versions of 'Paralysed' and 'Dont Be Cruel' which Elvis did at this show.

If you hear these songs from the Million Dollar Quartet Sessions 11 days earlier at Sun Studios Elvis sings them much like that.
Back to top Go down

Elvis December 15, 1956 Hayride show
Page 1 of 1