WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May. Empty
PostSubject: ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May.   ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:54 am

From AOL Entertainment New Page.

"The Sound of Music star Connie Fisher has landed her first lead drama role.
Fisher, 24, made her name after winning the BBC talent contest How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?
But the former telesales worker from Cardiff takes the starring role in an ITV1 drama, Caught In A Trap. Inspired by a true story, she plays a young woman obsessed with Elvis Presley.
Fisher has been cast as Gemma Perkins, an Elvis fan who empties car park meters for a living and lives at home with her over-bearing mother and down-trodden father."

My reaction.

This is obviously based on the true story of Elvis fan Julie Wall's obsession with Elvis where she stole over £500,000 from her job and spent it all on Elvis records/memorabilia etc.
Last year she was jailed for 3 years.
All her records went up for auction and most of the items only got a 1/3 of their value.
I know of one particular dealer who she bought records from and he let her have £20,000 worth of credit cause she was such a good customer.
When she was convicted he lost all of the £20,000 she owed him.
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May.   ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Thanks Sean
If this is based on Julie Walls obsession with Elvis then i am not being funny when i say this but it should make interesting viewing cant wait to see how she done it all Thanks Sean for this thread i take it this would be aired sometime in the Autumn
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251

PostSubject: Re: ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May.   ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Yeah Mark,

Im looking forward to seeing this as well.

Any more news i get about this i,ll be putting up on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May.   ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Brilliant, thanks Seany boy for letting us know.
I do hope its good! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May.   ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:40 pm

Lorna - I really love your new avatar pic - your both BEAUTIFUL!

TONS OF HUGS Charmaine
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May.   ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:29 am

Could do without this drama really. It'll just reinforce the old stereotype that all Elvis fans are nutters.
Why, when it comes to Elvis, does there always have to be an "angle". Can you imagine a "drama" like this about a Bearles fan?
ITV did the awesome 11-part series The Beatles Anthology. What do we get? The Burger And The King.
It was up to America a few years ago to redress the balance with ELVIS LIVES- featuring pro-King comments from Bill Clinton, Britney Spears, Naomi Campbell, Serena Williams etc.
It was enough we had to put up with the headlines about this woman, now we have to suffer it all over out TV screens as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May.   ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ITV Elvis Drama starts filming in May.
Page 1 of 1