WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I was going to name it its original title but.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

I was going to name it its original title but..... Empty
PostSubject: I was going to name it its original title but.....   I was going to name it its original title but..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:33 am

I dont think I should Evil or Very Mad Found this on the net......

Elvis Presley's litte brother coming to Auburn

I was going to name it its original title but..... 1208889609_08a3

Rick Stanley was born December 13, 1953 in Huntsville, Alabama. His father, Bill Stanley, was a career military man in the army. While stationed in Germany, Rick's mother, Dee, realized she could not stop her husband's alcoholic abuse.

She met Vernon Presley, father of Elvis Presley and fell in love. Rick and his brothers were brought back to the United States while his father, Bill Stanley, was out on military manuevers. He had no idea what was taking place within his own home.

Rick spent the next year of his life in a foster home called Breezy Point Farms outside New Port News, Virginia. After obtaining a divorce from Bill Stanley, Dee re-married Vernon Presley July 3, 1960. Several months later Rick and his brothers were picked up by his mother and new step-father and moved into Graceland, Elvis Presley's home in Memphis, Tennessee.

Elvis showered all the Stanley boys with love and affection. Ricky was drawn to Elvis from their first meeting. When Rick was 16, he quit school and started traveling with elvis. He became Elvis' personal aid. There was nobody closer to Elvis from 1969 to 1977.

Rick went through the same struggles with addiction (prescription drugs) as Elvis. Elvis personally came to the Memphis Police Department and got Ricky out of jail on August 7, 1975 for a narcotics conviction. Rick was with Elvis 8 hours before his death August 16, 1977.

Two months after Elvis' death, Rick became a Christian. He married Robyn, the girl who witnessed to him. Rick then attended Criswell College provided by Dr. W.A. Criswell after Dr. Freddie Gage introduced Rick to Dr Criswell. Rick later attended Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas and graduated in May of 1986. Rick served as staff evangelist at First Baptist Church of Dallas.

Rick has been married for over 26 years to Robyn, and they have 2 daughters, Brittany and Bethany.

Since July 3, 1978, he has spoken in over 4000 churches, 800 middle and high schools, and hundreds of drug rehab centers and correctional facilities.

His television appearances include Good Morning America, 20/20, Geraldo, Live with Regis and Kathie Lee, Sally Jesse Raphael, Current Affair, E-True Hollywood Stroy, Fox On The Record with Greta Van Sestern, Inside Edition, Tom Snyder and 5 appearances on Larry King Live. Rick has been interviewed in hundreds of local newspapers and an 8 page article in People Magazine, and has authored 3 books.

From Sunday, May 18th through Wednesday, May 21st, Elvis Presley's little brother, Rick Stanley will be the guest speaker at Bell Road Baptist Church.

Sunday, May 18th: 10:15am (in morning service)

Rick's Testimony: 6:00pm

Monday, May 19th 7:00pm

Tuesday, May 20th 7:00pm

Wednesday, May 21st 7:00pm

Portions of the video, "The Gospel Roots of Elvis Presley", will be shown at 6:00 pm.

Everyone is welcome to attend to hear Rick's pivoting one-of-a-kind life story.

for more information:

www.bellroad.org

www.rickstanleyministries.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: I was going to name it its original title but.....   I was going to name it its original title but..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:35 am

When I saw the head line I thought what Jesse Garron? How?
But then I saw the Stanley name....
Is this guy doing a good deed or just making money out of Elvis or should it be £lvis!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: I was going to name it its original title but.....   I was going to name it its original title but..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:01 pm

I dont think Rick is no where near as bad as his brother David or his mother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was going to name it its original title but.....   I was going to name it its original title but..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was going to name it its original title but.....
Page 1 of 1