WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Empty
PostSubject: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:52 am

Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond allegedly made from Elvis' DNA

Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Diamon10

Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond allegedly made from Elvis' DNA: Currently on eBay is a half carat diamond apparently made from authenticated hair from Elvis. From the listing:

You are bidding on the ONLY .5 ct Blue, Round Cut, Cultured Diamond that will be created from the actual hair containing the mitochondrial DNA of Elvis “The King” Presley. The hair samples being used are a combination of two separately authenticated samples acquired from two different reputable sources as a way to ensure authenticity. Each diamond will come with numerous documents and certifications of authenticity. The hair sample will be reduced to it's basic element…carbon and a real diamond will be created using the HPHT process (high pressure high temp.). Cultured Diamond are real diamonds exhibiting the same identical properties of naturally mined diamonds. The Elvis Diamond will be laser engraved along the girdle with an identity number and Elvis “The King” Presley.

This is the ONLY ˝ ct Blue Elvis Diamond that will ever be created and will be done by the exact same process as the .56 ct Beethoven Diamond which sold on EBay for $202,700 in Sept 2007. The ˝ ct Blue Elvis Diamond is expected to sell for over $300,000 with a low opening bid of $50,000. This auction is being done without any media or advertising promotion which makes this an unbelievable opportunity for someone to own a truely one-of-a-kind gem.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:17 am

OMG What ever next! How strange. Now if I knew it was true then that would be a very interesting diamond indeed.
Not sure I like the idea of it though, even if it is true. I mean I dont think he would have given permission to do this. Is really nice colour though.
I do think blue is an 'Elvisy' colour, maybe because of his eyes.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Hehe why not make an Elvis clone with the DNA from the hair Wink Razz Then we could kindda meet "Elvis".. - Yeah I know it's not the same person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingelvis.dk
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:52 pm

I remember in Superman 4, Lex Luthor cloned Christopher Reeve from a single strand of Supe's hair. But some of the slightly more passionate Superman fans made a bit of a hoo-ha and complained that hair contains no DNA material.
There was a huge bag of authenticated Elvis hair up on ebay around Christmas. I suppose if technology was ever to jump forward and get DNA from strands of hair, there would be no shortage of The King's.
Back to top Go down
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:24 am

Hmm strange, I'm sure that there is DNA in hair

Hair:
You can have hair analyzed for y-DNA and mitochondrial mtDNA. For mtDNA analysis, you can just use the hair itself. However, for y-DNA you must get the "root" or "bulb" of the hair. The root contains the nuclear DNA which includes y-DNA. You will also see discussions about the "shaft." The shaft is the hair without the root or bulb, and thus without the nuclear y-DNA. Trying to retrieve DNA from hair shafts is difficult and time consuming and could add costs to any tests. There is a lab that specializes in extracting DNA from odd sources such as licked postage stamps, envelopes, ancient artifacts, etc. If this lab finds DNA from hair, they could extract it and then forward it to another lab for Y-DNA testing.

- So it must be possible. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:16 am

How freaky would that be though. Id love to see how Elvis would have been like if he was born in todays world. Who knows with the different influences of today whether he would ever have got into singing. Maybe he would have been a Lorry Driver instead. Who knows lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm

hehe well Lorna you could find out Razz If the clone was born by you, you could give birth to "Elvis" hos freaky would that be Wink Razz Maybe he will become a super star "again"!
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Oh No! What a crazy thought!? Lol. I would defo not put myself forward for that! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Know there would be people out there strange enough to do it though affraid affraid affraid

Elvis was meant to be born in 1935 and to live on through his fans for eternity. He wasnt meant for this world now, he wouldnt be the same Sad
Back to top Go down
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:03 pm

No you're right.. Smile Man i wish I had the chance to meet him but I'm too young...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond   Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis Presley Memorial Diamond
Page 1 of 1