WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis Becoming More Popular

Go down 
+4
Waynegate
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
MichaelAMemphis
Lorna
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Elvis Becoming More Popular Empty
PostSubject: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:56 am

The federal government’s top official for baby names, Michael J. Astrue, Commissioner of Social Security recently announced the most popular baby names for 2007.

The top boys name last year was Jacob, followed by Michael, Ethan, Joshua and Daniel. The top girls names in 2007 were Emily, followed by Isabella, Emma, Ava and Madison.

According to the Social Security Administration, Emily has topped the list since 1996. Jacob has done so since 1999. Elizabeth returns to the top ten after a two year absence.

The Social Security website offers lists of baby names for each year since 1880. Social Security started compiling baby name lists in 1997.

And in case you’re curious, the name Elvis rose 85 spots from 761 on the list to 676. cheers cheers cheers cheers

WKSR.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 10:32 am

If you get a girl name her Pricilla, or Lisa Marie and if it's a boy name him Elvis or another cool name, one of the names that Elvis and Cilla would have named their child if it was a child. That way you also have a story behind the name Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingelvis.dk
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:10 am

We were going to do that. If we had a boy we were going to name him Presley. I absolutely love the name and have heard it being used as a name before. It reminds me of bright white in colour, and a lovely manly smell. Very clean lol
Then I chickened out so we decided on Arron. Spelt the biblical way, the way he wanted it Wink not the name he was born with affraid

Our little girl is called Ebony, and though its no direct link with Elvis I imagine his hair black slick and shinny. Though Ebony did have black her like her daddy when she was born its now browny/Blonde.

If we have another girl though I would like to call her Madison. Not only do I love the Madison Square Gardens album it was also the album Ebony was born to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:20 pm

You heard the madison square garden concert whaile you were giving birth to Ebony? :O
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:52 pm

KING ELVIS wrote:
You heard the madison square garden concert whaile you were giving birth to Ebony? :O

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yes before we left for the hostpital I asked Paul to get out some CD's. Took him ages to decide which ones to take Shocked but it was important we had them.
The midwife loved Elvis too so it was lovely having Elvis singing in the back ground. So for Ebony one of the first voices she ever heard was his I love you

We were so overwhelmed however that we didnt catch which song she was born to Sad but the whole album is very special to us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:00 pm

I`m just pleased its Elvis and not Engelbert Humperdinck lol!
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:34 pm

At the moment my wife and i are having ivf treatment and we have decided if its a girl the name will be Presley and if its a boy Elvis What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-memphisking.co.uk
Waynegate
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Waynegate

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:02 pm

Memphisking wrote:
At the moment my wife and i are having ivf treatment and we have decided if its a girl the name will be Presley and if its a boy Elvis What do you all think?

That he/she will get bullied at school and will hate you for it. Middle name is acceptable but don't inflict it on the poor child as a Christian name. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Hmm I think you have to be careful when choosing childrens names. We did decide not to call our baby if it was a boy Presley as the kids at school would know that our sons dad was an ETA and would probably rip the kid to shreds.
Its a cruel world we live in and children are the worst. They dont think of the consequences of their jibes. Sad

Lovely thought but I would maybe try to think of something still Elvisy but not so bold.

Good luck to you and your wife by the way *sending lots of baby dust* Wink
Back to top Go down
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Lorna wrote:
We were going to do that. If we had a boy we were going to name him Presley. I absolutely love the name and have heard it being used as a name before. It reminds me of bright white in colour, and a lovely manly smell. Very clean lol
Then I chickened out so we decided on Arron. Spelt the biblical way, the way he wanted it Wink not the name he was born with affraid

Our little girl is called Ebony, and though its no direct link with Elvis I imagine his hair black slick and shinny. Though Ebony did have black her like her daddy when she was born its now browny/Blonde.

If we have another girl though I would like to call her Madison. Not only do I love the Madison Square Gardens album it was also the album Ebony was born to Very Happy

Lorna,

The biblical spelling is Aaron...
Hugs Charmaine
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Yeah i think the reason why 'Aaron' was spelt 'Aron' on Elvis' birth certificate was just simply the fact that Vernon didnt know the correct spelling.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 6:19 pm

Sorry just to clarify thats what I mean Aaron not arron - cant spell to save my life! Laughing Laughing Laughing He was born Elvis Aron but he preferred the biblical spelling of Aaron, the spelling that we would both prefere our little boy to have Very Happy
Back to top Go down
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 6:54 pm

As you all know, Elvis preferred "Aaron" for his middle name,
because of the bible reference of this ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron

Hugs Charmaine xxx Smile
Back to top Go down
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Elvis' middlename was Aaron, but Vernon went to great lenghts to get the name changed to Aron. That the short of the long story Smile
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:09 pm

KING ELVIS wrote:
Elvis' middlename was Aaron, but Vernon went to great lenghts to get the name changed to Aron. That the short of the long story Smile

Sorry im afraid thats incorrect.

As i said earlier, Elvis' name was spelt by Vernon on his birth certificate as 'Aron'.

The only reason the other 'A' was left off cause Vernon spelling was poor.
Back to top Go down
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Well i'm just saying thats not what it said in the book i read.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:26 pm

KING ELVIS wrote:

Well the original birth certificate has 'Aaron' spelt as 'Aron'.

Once Vernon signed it there wasnt much he could have done about it.

I have a book about James Dean and there is a part in it where it says that James Dean got excited once when he heard Elvis Presley's version of 'Hound dog' on a car radio.

Strange that cause James Dean was killed in September, 1955 and Elvis recorded 'Hound Dog' in July 1956.

Never believe eveything thats written in books my friend. Wink
Back to top Go down
ian
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
ian

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Sean is right,
it was Aaron on the birth certificate, thats why it is like that on Elvis's grave. It should have been Aron but in the 1930s schooling was bad and there spelling to.
Ian
Billy Dean
Back to top Go down
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:03 am

Sean wrote:
KING ELVIS wrote:

I have a book about James Dean and there is a part in it where it says that James Dean got excited once when he heard Elvis Presley's version of 'Hound dog' on a car radio.

Strange that cause James Dean was killed in September, 1955 and Elvis recorded 'Hound Dog' in July 1956.

About the Dean story, it's like the song advertising space by Robbie Williams, it's about Elvis and his life well robbie sings: I saw you standing at the gates when Marlon Brandon passed away, you had that look upon your face, advertising space..
But Marlon Brando died in 2006 or something way after Elvis in 1977.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:53 am

KING ELVIS wrote:
Sean wrote:
KING ELVIS wrote:

About the Dean story, it's like the song advertising space by Robbie Williams, it's about Elvis and his life well robbie sings: I saw you standing at the gates when Marlon Brandon passed away, you had that look upon your face, advertising space..
But Marlon Brando died in 2006 or something way after Elvis in 1977.

I think the lyrics on Robbie Willimas song 'Advertising Space' were meant to mean that when Marlon passed away, Elvis was waiting for him at the 'gates of heaven'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Becoming More Popular   Elvis Becoming More Popular Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis Becoming More Popular
Page 1 of 1