WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?

Go down 
+2
Lorna
MichaelAMemphis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Empty
PostSubject: Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?   Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:47 pm

After so much talk about whether Elvis is in fact in Graceland... which I suppose realistically 90% sure he is, I wonder whether he would have actually wanted it to be his final resting place?

I know his wish was to be with his mother in Forest Hill but would he be happy that he had to be moved? I can understand it from the point of view that Forest Hill vaults are small and it would be manic, esp in Aug to have so many visitors, esp when there are grieving families trying to visit Grave's of loved ones too. But Im not sure if he would have liked to be buried in Graceland, though he did love it and never wanted to move.

Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Meditation
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?   Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:02 pm

I thought they moved his mother as well?
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?   Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:17 pm

They did Michael... she was actually moved twice.
She was moved from her origional resting place at Forest Hill to the vault to be with Elvis then to Graceland Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?   Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Pretty hard to answer this, Lorna as it's always difficult to know exactly what is going on in someone else's mind. I don't think he thought about this very much, at only 42. I'm sure he thought he would go on forever. In the back of his mind though, he probably subconciously assumed it would be Forest Hill cemetary.
Had Elvis lived into his 60's, 70's and further, then maybe in his older age he would have begun to think differently as it dawned on him just how loved he was. (During his life, he wondered if the fans would remember him etc...) He might have wanted somewhere where people could visit him in death and pray etc. It's possible he would have then wanted a monument to be buried in, much like how in life the Pharaohs built their pyramids for their death.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?   Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:47 pm

I couldnt think of a better place for Elvis to be buried, than at Graceland.
Back to top Go down
memphisking@elvis1988.plu
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?   Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:49 pm

Having been to forest hill and the vault where Elvis was first laid to rest i for one think that they made the right decision in moving him, forest hill is not the most well kept cemetarys and where the vaults are well not very big at all, also having spoken to charlie hodge about the meditation garden he said to me that Elvis loved it there as it was where he felt he could relax
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-memphisking.co.uk
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?   Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:57 am

I met Charlie Hodge in 1992, and he too told me that when Elvis wanted to be alone, he would often go into the gardens, and that he found so much peace back there.

So I believe that is the place that Elvis belongs, along with his family.

Hugs Charmaine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?   Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Elvis have been moved to Graceland?
Page 1 of 1