WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Elvis" Steals a Las Vegas House?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

"Elvis" Steals a Las Vegas House? Empty
PostSubject: "Elvis" Steals a Las Vegas House?   "Elvis" Steals a Las Vegas House? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 8:56 am

On one hand, he impersonates Elvis. But some say what he's doing isn't so entertaining.

"Elvis" Steals a Las Vegas House? 8732739_BG4

Real state agents Kristina Pearson and Harry Hall are trying to sell a house. It's in default and going through the foreclosure process. That's not the only problem. "The sign had been down. The locks had been changed," said Hall.

A few months ago, someone broken in, switched the locks and then rented out the house. According to the rental agreement, a woman named Dawn Spencer has been living in the house since late April, paying $850 a month in rent.

"It was a real heads up. It was a totally bogus agreement," said Pearson.

The I-Team tried repeatedly to get in touch with Spencer, but she never answered the door or the phone. She did make a signed statement where she claims she was tricked into renting the house.

"They rented the property from this Elvis Nargi," said Hall.

We caught up with Nargi in his office with American Executive Realty. At first he told us he knew about the house, then denied it, "Not my property and I don't really know a whole lot about it."

He wanted to talk about other things.

"I'm in the entertainment business. We're doing the museum and we're doing more catering," he said. "Did you guys know that Martin Luther King was a Republican?"

Eventually, Nargi admitted his company changed the locks and rented out the house, "You really, you really have -- it's written into the state constitution, you have civic right to make that property look good."

"Does that civic right and constitutional law allow you to rent out the property that's not yours?" asked Humbert.

"I'm not saying in this particular case," said Elvis.

Sue Naumann heads up the Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors. She says Nargi is abusing the squatter's rights law, "It sounds like a scam."

While Nargi finally admitted to the allegations, he blames his staff.

"There was a mistake made," he said.

"A research error?" asked Humbert.

"Yes!" said Elvis.

"Well, how does a research error become a handy man or a locksmith going and changing the locks so that the actual listing agent can't even get into their own property?" asked Humbert.

"You know what? I can't answer than question. All I do know is that the electric was off. The gas was off," said Elvis.

Nargi says he doesn't know who actually owns the home. He also couldn't name the bank which holds the mortgage. But we found out the name of the person on the rental agreement doesn't have a real estate license or a property management permit. Neither does Nargi.

"As of right now, I am not a licensed broker nor am I acting as a licensed broker," he said.

Nargi's real estate license is suspended until 2023 for bad business practices and a defaulted loan. He says that doesn't matter, "Once you take the test, you're always a broker. I might not be licensed at the moment, but I have the knowledge."

The law doesn't see it that way. Neither does Sue Naumann, "You couldn't do anything, make any decisions, prepare any leases, anything else. For that, you would need a property management permit."

Now it's up to the Nevada Real Estate Division to decide if Elvis really did business the right way, or his way, "It's been a pleasure meeting ya, baby."

The two agents have sent a complaint to the real estate division. They have also contacted the FBI. Elvis Nargi sticks by his story that this was all a simple misunderstanding and that sworn statement by Dawn Spencer calling him a liar was a forgery.

He also promises he is finding a new house for her after he gives her back the rent money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

"Elvis" Steals a Las Vegas House?
Page 1 of 1