WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...

Go down 
+3
Tracey
Sean
jason
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Empty
PostSubject: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN5PpLEjj3Q

Hey Jude...has to be one of them for me...I believe one of his friends tried to persuede Elvis not to sing Beatles songs...OMG...And Youll Never Walk Alone...has to be another...Oh, Noooooooooooooooooooooo. No
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:40 pm

Good question..

theres proberbly only a few i could think of. I do agree with the hey jude one. However he did do a few good songs by the Beatles. i.e yesterday, something, and i loved the way he combined little sister with get back. love the way Ronnie Tutt played the drums with that. anyway back to question i have to admit Fever bores me a little. there's proberbly a few movie ones that were right stinkers too. Dare i mention Clambake i think it was and he sung old Mcdonald had a farm. Thank God for the 68 comeback.

good Topic Sophie
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Yeah, 'Hey Jude' wasnt one of the better ones.

A song that come to mind is 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face'.

Dont really like Elvis' version of this classic song from Roberta Flack.

Think Elvis rushed it.Would have been much better if it was at the same tempo as Flack's original.

The 4 Little Richard covers Elvis recorded 'Long Tall Sally,Tutti Frutti, Rip It Up and Ready Teddy' were done much better by LR but the live version of Ready Teddy on the Sullivan Show in '56 by Elvis was incredible.
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Tracey

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:22 pm

The only song I really dont like is Crawfish Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 am

I think a lot of his movie tunes he could have done without , like Old Macdonald, He's Your Uncle, Down By The River Side, most of the songs from Frankie and Johnny, Clambake, Easy Come Easy Go, It Happend At The Worlds fair, The Trouble with Girls, etc etc
However Sean i think this one comes down to personal choice because'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face i do prefer Elvis' version in fact its a fav of mine the original is just way too slow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:22 am

TCBinaflash wrote:
I think a lot of his movie tunes he could have done without , like Old Macdonald, He's Your Uncle, Down By The River Side, most of the songs from Frankie and Johnny, Clambake, Easy Come Easy Go, It Happend At The Worlds fair, The Trouble with Girls, etc etc
However Sean i think this one comes down to personal choice because'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face i do prefer Elvis' version in fact its a fav of mine the original is just way too slow Very Happy

Your right Mark.

A personal choice is a major factor over so many things.

I mean if everyone like the same song, music,actor football team etc life would be boring. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:20 pm

You are all going to hate me but My Way is a song I HAVE to skip when it comes on. Not because of the way he sang it, he sang it beautifully but I just cant endure that song. The only bit I like is the ballsy bit at the end but the rest I dont like.

But as for the Beatles stuff I do like him singing it all. Some better than others but there is no way you can compare the Elvis and The Beatles. They where two totally different things plus they sang the songs differently.
It would be like comparing Elvis and The Petshop Boys singing Always on my mind, there is no way you could compare the two as they totally different. Lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Who are these Beatles you are on about never heard of them lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:58 pm

TCBinaflash wrote:
Who are these Beatles you are on about never heard of them lol

Some of them are former members of the group 'Wings'.
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:05 pm

There are a few corkers on the Love Letters From Elvis album: one that springs to mind is "This Is Our Dance". Then of course there was another 70s one: "Sylvia".
Sean, you must be joking about The First Time Ever I Saw YOur Face..I really like this one! And the live version from CLOSING NIGHT 74 is very good.
And the later versions of Fever are pretty funny- especially a version from another 1974 show- NIGHT FEVER IN VEGAS where he starts making fun of Tom Jones.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:07 pm

J.R.TherealJasper wrote:
There are a few corkers on the Love Letters From Elvis album: one that springs to mind is "This Is Our Dance". Then of course there was another 70s one: "Sylvia".
Sean, you must be joking about The First Time Ever I Saw YOur Face..I really like this one! And the live version from CLOSING NIGHT 74 is very good.

Not joking.

Just my own opinon i guess but i would have liked Elvis to have recorded this song at a much slower pace like the original.

I always felt he rushed this cover version!!
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Hey Sean,
Fair enough. By the way, have you seen any material from the Burning In Birmingham DVD? In this show he does a gorgeous, slow version of The First Time...
Great jumpsuit as well- the embroidered Inca leaf suit.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:43 pm

J.R.TherealJasper wrote:
Hey Sean,
Fair enough. By the way, have you seen any material from the Burning In Birmingham DVD? In this show he does a gorgeous, slow version of The First Time...
Great jumpsuit as well- the embroidered Inca leaf suit.

Yeah, its my favourite version Elvis did of this song.

He slowed it right down, i wished he recorded it like that in the studio.
Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:06 am

where can you get this dvd from?
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:59 pm

I guess for me...the way Elvis sang My Way...and the words used really touched me.
Id rather think of it as Elvis' song that Sinatras, anyday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...   Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs That Elvis Should NOT Have Sung...
Page 1 of 1