WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis duds spoil record attempt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Elvis duds spoil record attempt Empty
PostSubject: Elvis duds spoil record attempt   Elvis duds spoil record attempt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:34 am

Elvis duds spoil record attempt Bunche10

ELVIS Presley fans tried to break the world record for the biggest gathering of lookalikes — but failed when dozens arrived without a proper costume.
More than 170 wannabes turned up to sing Viva Las Vegas as part of the record bid. But 63 were banned for not dressing up enough.

One man’s “costume” consisted of a pair of sunglasses. Others simply turned up in jeans and T-Shirts — with their hair combed into a quiff.

Organisers had hoped to gather more than 147 Elvises to beat the existing record — set by Australians in 2001.

But Pauline Giles, who ran the event in The Ship Inn at Par, Cornwall, admitted only 110 were “up to scratch”.

She said: “It wouldn’t be right to claim we’ve broken the record.

“But it was great looking out of the pub and seeing dozens and dozens of people wandering down the road all dressed up as Elvis.”

Article: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1610723.ece
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Elvis duds spoil record attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis duds spoil record attempt   Elvis duds spoil record attempt Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Lol well I have to say records like this are really tacky! I mean if you look at any of them I dont think many are passable at all!
But if you were going for characteristics of Elvis then quiffy hair and sunglasses would be passable. I think they were a bit tough when you consider it was just a bit of fun, party poopers! lol! xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

Elvis duds spoil record attempt
Page 1 of 1