WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back! Empty
PostSubject: Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back!   Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:07 pm

Johnny's Harra's new website www.johnnyharrathelegend.com says he is back with a vengence and is taking bookings again! It feels like an eternity since we had him performing regularly; and apart from the odd TV appearance here and there in the 90s on shows like Bill Bixby's The Elvis Conspiracy, it was like he had dropped off the planet.
It's great to have him back. Apparently the reason he now struggles so much with his weight is he had to put so much on for This Is Elvis that he never quite managed to lose it again. I'm sure that he is the only ETA who has been upstairs at Graceland (unless you count Nic Cage Wink ) I suppose he's getting on a bit now- he must be at least 60, but one of his biggest contempories Rick Saucedo is still going strong and singing better than ever! These first-generation ETAs have a sort of aura about them don't they? I suppose it's because they were around at a huge point in history: Before Elvis and After Elvis- not only around but performing when Elvis was still alive! I wonder what it would have been like to perform as Elvis in the weeks and months after his death when people were still in shock and freshly mourning his passing?
These early or first-generation ETAs I will always be in awe of because they are a direct link to that time. That's why I'm such a big supporter of my friend Liberty Mounten who came on the scene slightly later but who also qualifies for Legendary status. Not only did he see Elvis in concert in 1970 but he has brought Elvis to just about every country in the world and is surely the most travelled ETA ever.
Anyway, I always tend to go off-topic a bit- Johnny's new website is online and I for one would love to see him live.

Last edited by J.R.TherealJasper on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back!   Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:33 pm

One of the very few people to get the chance to visit Elvis' private rooms upstairs of Graceland.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back!   Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Yeh your right Sean. God imagine how that would have felt as an Elvis fan! How did it come about? Was it due to the making of the film?

This is really good news! I wonder if he will get to the UK? Now that would really be something. I totally agree with you about the first generation of ETAs. These guys who have been going for 20+ years really are something else. One of the biggest 'Elvis aura's' I have ever felt was from Big Jim White. We saw him in The Queens Hotel in Blackpool in 2006 and he was just magic. Its when you see people like him, Liberty Mountain, Billy Dean etc that show you that as an ETA your career doesnt have to end at the age of 42 and Im so glad Johnny Harra is back and hope he and the other first generation keep going for a long time to come!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back!   Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Lorna wrote:
Yeh your right Sean. God imagine how that would have felt as an Elvis fan! How did it come about? Was it due to the making of the film?

Thats right Lorna.

Cant understand why they allowed Graceland to be used for This Is Elvis in '81 but 2 years previously they never used Graceland for Elvis The Movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back!   Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legendary ETA Johnny Harra is back!
Page 1 of 1