WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis to his mates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Elvis to his mates Empty
PostSubject: Elvis to his mates   Elvis to his mates Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:01 pm

Elvis to his mates Karamdavid Elvis to his mates Karamdavid%20and%20jordanaires

By SUSANA TALAGI - Western Leader Tuesday, 06 January 2009

Elvis Presley fan Karam David is only 15 years old but loves rocking and rolling in front of a live audience.

The teenager will be one of the youngest performers at the 10th annual Elvis in the Park event on January 11 in Henderson.

Karam is a huge fan and says his mates all call him Elvis.

He’s even managed to convert a few to his way of thinking.

"Now they’re into it too."

Karam says his parents are to blame.

"Mum’s a big fan and she always had heaps of his vinyls," he says.

"I grew up listening to Elvis’ music."

Karam’s parents took him to the United States in 2005 where he had the chance to visit Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee.

Last year he went to Memphis for the 30-year anniversary of Elvis’ death and was thrilled to meet The Jordanaires.

The quartet sang backup for Elvis on more than 350 recordings and still perform at tribute events across the world.

"I was really keen on getting their signatures so I followed them around," Karam says.

"I managed to get them together.

"That was pretty choice."

Karam started learning the guitar six years ago and is putting out an album next year.

"I was keen to start playing Elvis songs," he says.

"I don’t try to sound like him but after listening to it so much your voice does lend to that sound."

Memories of Elvis Fan Club president Glenys Moore says the Henderson concert at Cranwell Park will run from 11am to 5pm.

"There will be food and refreshments, all-day entertainment, classic cars and a beautiful set of limited edition porcelain Elvis plates up for raffle," she says.

Elvis impersonator and Te Atatu resident Andy Stankovich will be the MC.

"It will be a fabulous day," she says.

"People are coming from all over the country and it’s a real destination point for Elvis fans."

The Western Leader has five copies of the newly released Elvis Presley Christmas Duets CD to give away. Write your name and telephone number on the back of an envelope and send to: Western Leader, Elvis Presley, PO Box 21167, Henderson, Auckland NZ.

Entries close at 5pm on January 12.

Article Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/sundaystartimes/auckland/4809630a6016.html
Back to top Go down
mac-elvis
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
mac-elvis

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Elvis to his mates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis to his mates   Elvis to his mates Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:35 am

good luck to the kid another one up and coming great news
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvismckenzie.4t.com

Elvis to his mates
Page 1 of 1