WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis's Hair

Go down 
+2
val w (Kinky Boots)
MichaelAMemphis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Elvis's Hair Empty
PostSubject: Elvis's Hair   Elvis's Hair Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:03 pm

This is a really ramdon question but it has just popped into my head. As Elvis's hair was dyed black, how did Elvis manage to keep this up whilst in the Army as it was cut short and his natural colour would come through very quickly, especially when he was on manovers and on the base. I know he had his own home but I am sure sometimes he would have to stay on the base. scratch

Just having a random think on a Saturday night whilst Mike is dishing out my curry for tea.
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Elvis's Hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis's Hair   Elvis's Hair Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:05 pm

I don`t think his hair was black when he was in the army.

When it grew back in it probably looked black because of what he used to style his hair.

BTW, hope u and your fella r well;)
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Elvis's Hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis's Hair   Elvis's Hair Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:41 pm

I thought it was after the army as well, it just always look dark on the TV, must have been all the Bril-Cream. Me and Mike are fine, we are both looking forward to seeing you and Debs again in February Drinker Wiggle .
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Elvis's Hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis's Hair   Elvis's Hair Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:09 am

During his Army service, Elvis let his natural colour return.
When he got back home to Graceland it was it's natural light-brown. I can't see him keeping up the black colour during his service- can you imagine the stick he would have got from the other guys? Nor did he have any filming projects so he kept it natural. He even kept it natural well after he finished his service for the filming of Flaming Star & Wild In The Country.
Elvis's Hair ElvisBlondeGraceland
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Elvis's Hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis's Hair   Elvis's Hair Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:21 am

You can see Elvis' natural colour hair in the 1961 films 'Follow That Dream' and 'Kid Galahad'.
Back to top Go down
pete k
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
pete k

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-03

Elvis's Hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis's Hair   Elvis's Hair Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:08 am

hi guys, Elvis hair was dyed black for gi blues, blue hawaii, flaming star and wild in the country and then natural for follow that dream and kid galahad, after that it was black all the way.

pete k

flying elvis
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvis35-77.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Elvis's Hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis's Hair   Elvis's Hair Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:25 am

Follow that dream is one of my fav films of all time! I do prefer Elvis with Black hair but there was nowt wrong with him in that film, thats for sure.

Awww Val, am made up to hear that Mike is still doing his new husband duties and lookin after you. Hope he cracked you a can as well. Hehe! xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Elvis's Hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis's Hair   Elvis's Hair Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Yep, had the whip in hand just to keep him in his place. Unfortunatley he got the can and I got a glass of vimto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elvis's Hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis's Hair   Elvis's Hair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis's Hair
Page 1 of 1