WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael King and Chris Connor at Port Sunlight Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Michael King and Chris Connor at Port Sunlight Review Empty
PostSubject: Michael King and Chris Connor at Port Sunlight Review   Michael King and Chris Connor at Port Sunlight Review Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Hiya Guys, We had the great pleasure of going to see Michael King and Chris Connor with Red Alert at Port Sunlight on Saturday night. It was my little sisters birthday on the Sunday so we thought it would be a fab way to celebrate it for her.
We arrived at 7.25pm, too late for the bar as the show started at 7.30pm but oh my goodness you didnt need a drink to feel on a high thats for sure. First out was the fab Red Alert, who were just fantastic and had the crowd going straight away singing 'This old house' by Shaky. They are so much fun and have so much energy, everyone was up for it from the off. Then I think they sang 'Sweet lil rock n roller' if Im not mistaken, I know its one Rod Stewart did and they were just brilliant.
Then they introduced Michael King, who came out in a puffy shirt and white Elvis style pants. He got us all rockin with all the classics from the 50's upwards, and singing 'wearin that loved on look' which me and my lil sis were thrilled about, he sang it so well as he did the rest of his set. Then out came Chris Connor, to which the crowd went wild. Although the mic didnt work straight away he was a true professional and got straight into it without a moments hesitation. All the women were screaming by the time he got to his signature Polk Salad Annie and were left wanting more.
Then it was the interval was great to have a gab with Andy (Spirit of Elvis) and his lovely mum and dad, and was also pleased to see Ricky Aron there and Chris Connor and his gorgeous partner Lisa, who is so nice and friendly. Everyone was just buzzing.
Then after a double voddy and diet coke it was straight back in for Michael King doing an EOT set, complete with the Powder Blue suit and cape. He was on top form and so professional and polished, a real natural on stage. From CC Rider to Trilogy, he captured the audience and everyone was joining in. The best for me was on the encore where he had us all up dancing in the theatre to Suspicious Minds, I couldnt see a single person left seated.
After the show it was back to the bar where Michael King and his lovely wife came over to have a gab to us, both a really humble lovely couple, as are their kids. Everyone left on a real high and even my mum turned around to me and said it was one of the best shows she has ever been to.
Another fabulas night, all in the name of Elvis, who could ask for anything more x
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

Michael King and Chris Connor at Port Sunlight Review
Page 1 of 1