WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

London get togeather

Go down 
+18
Elvis in Kent
MichaelAMemphis
anthonyshore1
arsenal1210
TCBinaflash
Paul Richie
Willard Ford
Garry J Foley
rabelvis
eselvisfan
alwayselvis
spirit of elvis
Mark Dobbs
Lorna
GRACELANDS
chrisfield
charmainejensenvoisine
dave dynamite
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

London get togeather - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:16 am

Hi Paul - happy memories!
I did the one next door a couple of times - if I remember rightly there was no love loss between the two owners.
I remember we got locked in the car park at the rear and our guy couldn't care less so we ended up in the Greek restaurant who helped us get out! Needless to say we didn't go back!
I also remember Kim Bridges - he was one of the first 'proper' ETA's I met.
Memories Music did a big contest in Granada Studios to find the best Elvis, Buddy and Bill Hayley. I remember Marc Robinson won the Buddy, there was only one entry into the Bill Hayley - so he won and several Elvis guys. They decided to pick 3 winners, Kim Bridges, Clayton Mark and yours truly! We ended up with a free weekend away at Butlins with a live showcase backed by The Runaways - happy days!
Any idea what Kim is up to now? - he seems to have gone off the radar.
Take care
Neil
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi Neil havent seen Kim Bridges for a good few years now, but i know he was contracted to that place only belive it or not, and whats also funny is you said about Mark Robinson, A few yrears ago ( a good few years ago ) my band won the contract to find the buddy holly for the musical BUDDY in the west end, and for 14 weeks we went up and down the british isle etc, and putting on a rock n roll night, and in the middle of the evening, there was the buddy holly contest, and on one night, there was this really shy guy, who had never played in front of any body in his life before, and his name was Mark Robinson, he was really really good and won that heat, which put him in the final, which was then at the hottest spot in london at the time called the HHIPPERDROME, Mark came second in the final, but since then hes got even better and is the top Buddy Holly tribute in the UK, i was in greece about two years ago with Mark, and did you know hes about 56, but looks about 36, funny how we start talking about one thing, and then you put in another name, and the good ol days come rolling stright back
Paul Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Neil i forgot to say, that just after christmas, i had a show in Brixton, so i poped into the cavertoro and although both resterants are still there, they stopped the elvis shows a long time ago, shame really matr ( happy days ) i know thats its not to long before your knee op mate, hope things go really well for you, and its not to long before your up and about mate, best wishes to you and the family
Paul
Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Yes - I've worked with Mark on a few occassions and he still is a shy, unassuming guy - but once he gets on stage - someone else takes over him - usually Buddy Holly! I heard that the restaurants in Streatham had stopped the Elvis shows as well. I understand it all started when a coach load of punters turned up having booked to go to the Greek one and as it pulled up outside, the owner of the other one directed them into his restaurant instead!
Thanks for your comments on my pending operation - not looking forward to it - but hopefully it will all work out ok.
Best Wishes
Neil
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 am

the two resterants where famous in there day, all the best Neil
Paul
Back to top Go down
Garry J Foley
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Garry J Foley

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:31 pm

Paul...can't wait for the get together. Date's firmly in the diary.

I'm driving up with Neil (Willard) but this will be my first time for meeting all you guy's...thanks for organising it!!!

What sort of format the evening will take? Not sure what to expect other than talking 'Elvis' and having a beer & laugh with everyone there...

Garry
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisshow.co.uk
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi Gary, so glad you can make it, not to sure what to expect myslef mate, never done before, never evan been to one before, so i think its gonna be a 1st for a lot of us, i think as you say, a lot of laughs, beer, and a whole lot of jamming with the other ETAs and also not for getting the elvismultiswapshop aswell, so if you have any suits, shirts belts, mics, anything you dont use bring it along with you, and you never know, it may go, ive now got 3 jumpsuits i no longer use, fringe, chain and comet, so you never know,looking forward to meeting you
Paul
Back to top Go down
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Only 21 days togo before the get togeather
Paul
Back to top Go down
Willard Ford
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Willard Ford

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Good talking with you yesterday Paul, shame the suit didn't fit but hopefully someone at the swap meet who's a bit smaller in the girth than you will snap it up!

Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.songsoftheking.com
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi Neil ( willard ) dame shame the suit didnt fit, its a great looking suit, and a good price, Had lunch with Richard Atkins today, but he cant make our get togeather as hes in Holland, but will make the next if all goes well

Paul
Back to top Go down
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:50 am

Only 18 days to go, for the big get togeather

Paul
Back to top Go down
Willard Ford
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Willard Ford

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:43 am

Suit definately wouldn't fit Richard Atkins, might be a laugh to see him try to get into it!!
Back to top Go down
anthonyshore1
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
anthonyshore1

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Count me in guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.madtigerentertainment.com
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi Anthony, welcome on board, be great to see you there, dont forget the swapshop part of the jam night
Paul
Back to top Go down
rabelvis
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
rabelvis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi Paul,
I will 100% be there so if any the other guys from up North want to come down let me know!! I will also have a load of kit for the Swap Shop

I have a Sony CD/Mini Disc Palyer great for your Shows
Beyerdynamic Cable Mic as New
Yamaha MG8 Mixer Brand New
Stage Rigg with T-Bars
and the good news is I will have Blue,Black,Red and White scarves!! The Wigs should also be here in time. I look forward to seeing you all!!
Rob
Back to top Go down
http://www.avisionofelvis.com
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi Rob, be interested in a lot of things that your bringing down, ive also got 2 x Mackie 15s base bins, so for any of you new ETAs just starting out, you could go home with a range of jumpsuits, a full PAsystem, and a rack for lights and backdrop, pa mixer and mic plus mini disc/cd player and a lot lot more
Paul jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop
Back to top Go down
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi Charmaine, when i first put this up, you said that an ETA you know might like to come to our get togeather, just a little reminder, that any ETA is welcome, so please pass this little message on
Paul
Back to top Go down
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:07 pm

BAGSTERHOUSE SOCIAL CLUB
WALTON LANE
SHEPPERTON
MIDDLESEX

THURSDAY APRIL 9TH 7PM - 11PM

Paul
Back to top Go down
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:13 am

ONLY 10 DAYS TOGO BEFORE OUR LONDON GETTOGEATHERMULTIELVISSWAPSHOP JAM NIGHT CANT WAIT
Paul
Back to top Go down
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:02 pm

9 DAYS TOGO BEFORE WE GET THINGS ROCKIN
Paul
Back to top Go down
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:46 am

WITH ONLY 8 DAYS TOGO, SOUGHTING OUT THE SWAPSHOP SIDE OF THINGS
Paul
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:53 am

Should be a great get together guys.

Sry I can`t make it.

Have fun !!!
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
Paul Richie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Paul Richie

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Mike, shame you cant get there, maybe another time
Paul
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:47 am

I`m like the last little out post up here mate - all on my own Sad (well, apart from the Memphis Belles and the band lol! )
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
Willard Ford
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Willard Ford

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Why not check out Easy jet/Ryan air and come and join us for the night?

Bring some gear to flog and you can probably finance the trip!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London get togeather   London get togeather - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

London get togeather
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next