WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Elvis' coming to Stroud

Go down 
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

'Elvis' coming to Stroud Empty
PostSubject: 'Elvis' coming to Stroud   'Elvis' coming to Stroud Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:54 am

'Elvis' coming to Stroud Etaterrychisholm
Innisfil Journal
Author: Bruce Hain, Staff

February 17, 2009

It seems only fitting that a tribute artist honouring a man whose voice was described as angelic will be performing in an Innisfil church.

As part of Stroud Presbyterian Church’s centennial anniversary this year, a benefit concert, “Celebrating Elvis”, is being held Saturday, Mar. 14.

The star of the show, Terry Chisholm, is a world-renowned Elvis Presley tribute artist who hails from Cookstown. Inspired by Elvis at an early age, Chisholm is a two-time Canadian National Grand Champion and was ranked seventh in the world in the “Images of the King” world Elvis competition in Memphis, Tennessee in 2003.

He has performed throughout Canada and the United States and performed with artists such as Ronnie Hawkins, Faron Young and the Good Brothers and at world-class events such as the Calgary Stampede.

Chisholm has a passion for doing benefit shows. The March 14 performance will help raise funds for an elevator at Stroud Presbyterian Church.

“Several people in our congregation had heard Terry perform,” says Jennifer Mousley. “I just phoned him up and asked him if he would be interested in doing a concert. When he realized it was for a benefit, he said he was pleased to help us.”

“I’m not an Elvis fan, but I love listening to Terry,” says Jennifer’s husband, David. “He has star quality. We feel very privileged to have him perform. He’s very big on helping community projects.”

Chisholm’s first reaction to walking into the century-old church to check out the acoustics and wiring was “Wow! This reminds me of a church I sang in in New York City after Sept. 11, 2001. I’m mesmerized by old churches. There’s so much history in here.”

Chisholm will perform a two-act show. The first will be a 50-minute Elvis tribute followed by a brief intermission and costume change. He’ll return and perform a medley of songs by artists such as Roy Orbison, Jay and the Americans, Englebert Humperdinck and the Righteous Brothers.

The show begins at 7 p.m. and tickets are $20 each with all proceeds going towards the church’s elevator project. Chisholm has also offered a portion of proceeds of CD sales to the cause, too. They may be purchased at Music Pro in Barrie, Co-operators Insurance in Barrie, the Old Forester Bookshop on Ross Street in Barrie, Cellar Wines in Stroud, Bradley’s Florist in Alcona, or by calling 705-431-1282.

http://www.innisfiljournal.com/innisfiljournal/article/128939
Back to top Go down

'Elvis' coming to Stroud
Page 1 of 1