WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Empty
PostSubject: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi All - just thought I would mention that I've put a u tube video on the other forum of my performance at the finals in this years Blackpool Contest. Singing 'I Can't Stop Loving You' any comments - good or bad would be welcome!
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Elvis in Kent wrote:
Hi All - just thought I would mention that I've put a u tube video on the other forum of my performance at the finals in this years Blackpool Contest. Singing 'I Can't Stop Loving You' any comments - good or bad would be welcome!
Neil J Duncan

Hi neil loved it mate although it doesn't do you justice lol

Ladies and Gents when he said the other forum he meant the youtube section on here bless him Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Also Neil my dad thinks your fantastic he loves your how great though art lol

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:23 pm

WOW!!! I realy love to watch that, Neil!
You absolutely did a fantastic job there!
Realy great moves!!!
Even Johnny told me that i have to write down that he thinks it is impressive!
Very good, i am proud of you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Thank you Paul and thank you Paul's dad! I did fancy doing How Great again in the final but the band didn't know it so I went for Bridge Over Troubled Water which was OK but not quite as impactive. How great Thou Art is a fantastic song to perform - definetly one of my favourites.
Also thank you Essie and Johnny for your kind words. It is praise indeed, coming from such experts as yourselves. Johnny, I'm sure I remember you from one of the Blackpool Contests, were you guys there in 2006?
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:00 pm

Yes Neil we where there in '06.
After Johnny had song, lots of people came up to him, to tell him he would surely wind up in the top 3.
But he dint even reach the finals..
(there was this Polish ETA, jumping around on stage, acting crazy, and couldnt even sing and he DID go to the finals).
Even Michael King had a big argument with the jury about it (i heard from others that he did).
So Johnny dint want to be in a contest anymore after that.
In '08 i got him to go again, and afterwards Martin Fox told him, after we asked, that vocaly he was the best, but it was the whole package, but he sure got at least nr.5.
But now the contests are realy over with.
Johnny was even a jury at the Danish Contest, and had a specialguest performens.
But it is nice to see a good tribute, like you Neil!!!
We can tell you study's Elvis a lot!
You just have the right moves, for sure!!!
Back to top Go down
spirit of elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
spirit of elvis

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:15 pm

yes i seen it today and had alot of thoughts on it all good ones, left me wondering how you didnt get a top 3 place, i watched your performance live but didnt realize it was even better than amazing as i orignally thought it was amazing watching it live but its better than amazing,are you sure you have got a dodgy knee them moves were absoloutley brilliant verry sharp and spot on. my grandad had the same op as your having he had it done a few months ago he has to go back and get the other knee done, hes a window cleaner so the 40 years of going up and down the ladder have taken its toll on his knees hence why he has to have new ones and i belive its not a verry nice experiance!

take care

Andy
Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Yes I do remember Johnny - a great Elvis voice. I also remember the Polish clown - quite outrageous that he got through to the final.
The same happened this year with Joel Ewens - another fantastic Elvis voice but he didn't make the finals.
I guess if you go into these contests you have to accept the judges decision - which is different to agreeing with them.
In 2007 I didn't make the final and decided, like Johnny, that that was it for me and contests. But a few weeks before Blackpool I won a contest held in the South of the Uk that had some very good ETA's competing so I thought why not try Blackpool again. I really just wanted to reach the final as a bit of a point to prove, I guess, and overall I really enjoyed the whole weekend. They have got a lot of things right at Blackpool and to be fair, the judging is about the only thing that is outside of their control. There were a lot of very good ETA's this year including a guy from Vegas who won it so you can always pick up things during the convention.
Thanks again for your kind remarks
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Strainge, if i see you like that on the clip, that you dint even make it to the finals in '07!
But you sure proved youre point this year!!!
Yes, it seems like the standard is getting higher and higher with each year.
But i thought it was more cozy when they where located in '06.
Are you going to Essex in september too?
We would love to see a performanse of you!!
Yes, that is what i told Johnny in '08, when he actualy dint want to go.
It is so nice to meet other ETA's and learn from eachother and also all of yaw have the same kind of pasion.
Johnny is a kind of shy though, but he realy did enjoy it.
Although he says it was the last time...
We see, i just always have a ball there!! haha
And in '08 an ETA told me how to put Johnny's make-up on, ever sins then, i did it the same way, also i use that trick on an other ETA that Johnny performs with here in Norway.
So all and all, i think those contest are not realy to win, course you win anyway to meet all these wonderfull people!!
Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:21 pm

You are so right Essie.
In 2005 I came in second place at Blackpool which put a bit of pressure on me the following year to take top spot.
That didn't happen and the following year, as I said, I didn't even make it to the finals.
I took a year out and then realised I was approaching the whole thing from the wrong direction.
The key to Blackpool and any other contest or convention is to go there and enjoy the event. Speak to as many people as you can, watch the other guys and learn from them. If you're in the contest, just treat it as another gig plus 10% and lastly, do not take the results to heart.
Patrick Byrne was voted in second place at Blackpool and I know he was unwell and not at his best. Three weeks before that he came joint third in a contest that I got 1st. This is not meant to be any reflection on Patrick, or a boast by me, it merely highlights the point that the results of these contests are based on what the judges, on that day, for that performance, decide - nothing more and nothing less.
These events are good for ETA's if they approach them in the right frame of mind and not allow the contest to become all embracing.
They should be a chance to relax, chill out, have a laugh and yet still network and learn about their profession. You should not be expected to work all year round, so it's good to have a few days off!
I don't know about the Essex event, but I am, knee permitting, doing the showcase at Lakeside in June. Hope to see you both there.
Neil
Back to top Go down
arsenal1210
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
arsenal1210

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:59 pm

hi neil mate saw you at blackpool and essex you are a great elvis tribute hope your knee gets better soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals   Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neil J Duncan - Blackpool Finals
Page 1 of 1