WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis tribute artist at The Legacy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Elvis tribute artist at The Legacy Empty
PostSubject: Elvis tribute artist at The Legacy   Elvis tribute artist at The Legacy Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:26 am

Jacksonville Progress
By Cristin Ross
cross@jacksonvilleprogress.com

April 24, 2009

One of rock ‘n’ roll’s most long-lived legacies will appear in a tribute concert at the Legacy.

James Wages as “The King” Elvis Presley, will be in concert from 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday, May 2.

“I wanted to give something to the community I thought they’d enjoy,” Susan Jones, The Legacy operator, said about what inspired her to invite “The King” to her venue. “I’ve always liked Elvis, and am a huge fan of ’50s music in general.”

Jones said Wages, who’s been performing as Elvis for two decades, was recommended by others who’ve caught his act. Wages is a national and international championship winner in Elvis Tribute Artist competitions.

“His respect for and pride in portraying Elvis Presley is the reason these titles hold great merit to both James and fans alike,” Wages’ Web site states.

Wages confesses he’s been a fan of the King since he was 6 years old.

“My parents were watching Elvis’ movie “Loving You,” he remembered, “and from that moment on I was hooked. Something about him just spoke to me.”

Wages said he’s been perfecting his Elvis ever since.

“I’ve mastered a bunch of Elvis’s songs,” the Grand Saline resident admitted modestly. “But practice makes perfect, and I’m still practicing all the time. I’m 40-something years old now and I’ve been doing it since I was 6 — I don’t think Elvis fans are going to be disappointed with my show.”

He said his favorite Elvis song has to be “Now or Never.”

There will also be interactive dance contests with dancers from the Cherokee Civic Theatre in Rusk and several other opportunites to win various prizes.

“There’s going to be a lot of extras going on through the night,” Jones said.

The Legacy is located at 782 CR 1511 Jacksonville, just off State Highway 204 East. Jacksonville, TX Tickets are $12.50 at the door.

Article Source: http://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/living/local_story_114103453.html?keyword=topstory
Back to top Go down

Elvis tribute artist at The Legacy
Page 1 of 1