WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Genuine piece of Elvis' hair for auction at Curzon Centre

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Genuine piece of Elvis' hair for auction at Curzon Centre Empty
PostSubject: Genuine piece of Elvis' hair for auction at Curzon Centre   Genuine piece of Elvis' hair for auction at Curzon Centre Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:08 am

Beaconsfield News
http://www.buckinghamshireadvertiser.co.uk/
by Polly Manser

April 24, 2009

Love Elvis Presley? Then you'll really love this. A genuine strand of hair from the King himself will be up for grabs at the latest fundraising event for ten year old Joe Charman.
The hair will be auctioned at an Elvis concert on May 9 when Elvis impersonator Rob Kingsley - who won Best European Elvis of 2008 - will travel down to Beaconsfield from Barnsley with his band to bring the house down at The Curzon Centre in Maxwell Road.

Organiser Chris Owens - a family friend of the Charmans who live in Candlemas Lane - has organised several gigs to raise money for Joe who is severely autistic and needs help paying for treatment in America.
But this event promises to be the best of them all with a night of rock and roll with as many of the King's hits as can be fitted into one evening and two incredible pieces of Elvis memorabilia for auction Mr Owens said: "Elvis's barber always kept his hair after he had given Elvis a hair cut. When Elvis's barber sold his house he gave the purchasers a bag (one of many that he had accumulated). This piece of hair is from that bag and comes in a display with a certificate of authenticity."
The other item is equally unexpected - a piece of rotting timber from the shack in which Elvis was brought up in Tupelo, which was literally picked up by Mr Owens when he visited the town last year.
Mr Owens said: "Rob Kingsley is amazing. I went to see him at the Grand Theatre in Swansea a couple of weeks ago, some of the audience really felt that they were seeing the man himself. He did a meet and greet after the show and he will be doing the same in Beaconsfield. The atmosphere was electric."
This will be the last fund raising gig for Joe for a while. Mr Owens said: "I am finding ticket sales hard the moment probably due to the credit crunch so I am putting the shows on hold until things pick up."
Tickets are £15 each or £25 each including dinner. To book call 01494 670744 or 07770 888997 or email chrisowen@tiscali.co.uk . For more information visit www.afundforjoe.co.uk and www.avisionofelvis.com

http://beaconsfield.buckinghamshireadvertiser.co.uk/2009/04/genuine-piece-of-elvis-hair-fo.html
Back to top Go down
rabelvis
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
rabelvis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Genuine piece of Elvis' hair for auction at Curzon Centre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genuine piece of Elvis' hair for auction at Curzon Centre   Genuine piece of Elvis' hair for auction at Curzon Centre Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:01 am

Chris has done a lot of Fund Raising Shows for Joe with other Acts Tom Jones etc...Willard Ford has also helped out to raise money for Joe.

I have also done a few Shows in the past (all Sold Out) but I have not done a Show for a while so thats why on the (9th May we are pulling out all the stops and I will have my Band The Cadillac's and Backing Singers to try and raise as much as we can for Joe!! As they have not been raising as much money as they normally raise due to the Credit Crunch So if any of you can make it we would love to see you there!!
Best regards
Rob
Back to top Go down
http://www.avisionofelvis.com

Genuine piece of Elvis' hair for auction at Curzon Centre
Page 1 of 1