WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis or Micheal review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Elvis or Micheal review Empty
PostSubject: Elvis or Micheal review   Elvis or Micheal review Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 am

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_michaeljackson.htm

just found interesting articlue on the information network
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Elvis or Micheal review   Elvis or Micheal review Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Jason interesting article thanks for posting mate.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Elvis or Micheal review   Elvis or Micheal review Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:48 pm

I dont think there is even an arguement.

Elvis was the ultimate entertainer.

Elvis could sing any type of music there was, Jackson couldnt.

Elvis could play various instruments, Jackson couldnt.

Elvis never mimed at live shows, Jackson did quite often.

In fact, Jackson's talent was quite limited, his vocals stayed the same, his dance routines stayed the same, his vanity level was much higher than Elvis'.

Elvis never had to rely on special effects to wow his audience, Jackson did.

Jacksons' total album sales figures of 750million is more likely to be about 350million.

I admit that Michael Jackson was a very talented man but compared to Elvis, not even close.
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Elvis or Micheal review   Elvis or Micheal review Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Don't get me wrong, MJ was a Supremely talented performer and I believe with all my heart that he was one of the most misunderstood people ever, but no-one can ever do again what Elvis did because the world is different now ie: Racial Segregation in USA has gone, so the bringing together of blacks and whites which no-one had done before as successfully as Elvis, can't be done again.

Elvis was Totally original and had original dance moves which is why the World was so shocked by him. But MJ's dance moves were inspired by Astaire, James Brown, Elvis, Jeffrey Daniels, Electric Boogaloo and Cooley Jaxson.

But MJ never gave most of these people the proper credit for teaching him to dance, which is a bit disappointing as Elvis was always so Generous with giving credit to those that inspired him like Fats Domino etc.

Also the History Tour was 95% mimed, Elvis never mimed at all in his live concerts. Even the Dangerous Tour was about 50% mimed.

Elvis' musical influence was greater than MJ's and so was his social influence.

MJ being MJ he revelled in the title "King Of Pop" but a true King is humble and Elvis was never comfortable when people called him KING and in fact would tell them Christ is the King. That is the difference between Elvis and MJ.

But having said that I am still a big MJ fan and was absolutely gutted when he passed away.

The way I look at it, Elvis and MJ are the only 2 Musical Legends that have ever been or will be...
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Elvis or Micheal review   Elvis or Micheal review Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Yeah i must admit that his death was a shock.

I stayed up to watch the news reports quite late that night.

A very talented man who lost alot of credibility by miming so often which he didnt need to do.

His most memorable performance was in fact a mime, when he 'sang' Billie Jean at the 25th Motown anniversary event in '83 would have been so much better if he would have actually performed 'Billie Jean' live.

He never really seem to change since he hit his peak in the 80's and tried to repeat that in the 90's and 00's but never did.

I think his shows at the O2 would have been mainly mimed.

Miming at 'live' shows i feel is conning your fans.
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Elvis or Micheal review   Elvis or Micheal review Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi Sean, it's really good to see u here again. Yes I think definitely the O2 shows would have been mimed- maybe as much as 95% like the History tour back in 1997.
But even mimed, it would still have been great to see MJ doing a comeback and having him in London even if he might have ended up not doing all 50 shows.
Depending on who you believe, he was in either in Fine form and back to his old self during rehearsals or he was tired and unable to sing a note due to a serious lung disorder. It's hard to know what to believe as in the short footage AEG have released from rehearsals he looked OK but then again why have'nt they releaed more footage? Was it because this fragment was the only bit where he was looking good? Of course AEG wants the World to believe he was A-OK and in Top Shape because they don't want the world to know they forced him into signing the contract when he was ill, forced him to do 50 shows and even supplied him with the Doctor who allegedly killed him.
AEG killed MJ, there is no doubt.
It could have been the Stress of the shows meant he was taking more "medicine" or even he could have been trying to clean up and stop the drugs, then when that night he decided to take something again, his body was unprepared and he passed away: Either way, the O2 shows led directly to his death.
There is no doubt in my mind that the day MJ signed the 02 contract he sealed his fate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis or Micheal review   Elvis or Micheal review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis or Micheal review
Page 1 of 1