WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis, The Beauty Queen & Me- New DVD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Elvis, The Beauty Queen & Me- New DVD Empty
PostSubject: Elvis, The Beauty Queen & Me- New DVD   Elvis, The Beauty Queen & Me- New DVD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:33 pm

Not to be confused with the 1981 Don Johnson film "Elvis & The Beauty Queen"!!!
Elvis, The Beauty Queen & Me- New DVD Dvd_elvis_the_beauty_queen_and_me
It has been a year in the making: the first volume of Elvis, The Beauty Queen & Me, with Jeanne LeMay. The majority of this DVD was filmed during Jeanne's trip to the UK last year. She was captured talking candidly about her time with Elvis at Graceland, on tour and in Vegas.
She openly discusses how she was able to enjoy a close relationship with Elvis through her friendship with Linda Thompson, how she became a secretary at Graceland and what went on during those years. Her memories of those times are funny, fascinating and extremely riveting. Jeanne is a great talker and her warmth comes across beautifully in this 80-minute programme.
As an extra, included is stunning new 1974 8mm film of Elvis. The producers have been working hard on having the reels digitally transferred and restored. The speed is expertly corrected, the picture quality has been enhanced and the brightness and colour has been re-worked enabling them to offer the footage in virtually perfect quality.
This will be amongst the best quality amateur footage that you've ever seen of Elvis on stage.
For the first time you'll get to see 1974 Vegas footage captured during Elvis' August 29th 1974 midnight show, September 1st dinner show and the infamous September 2nd closing show (wearing the beautiful Man Tiger jumpsuit). There's lots of karate on these clips with Red West coming on stage at one point to help Elvis with his belt and karate gi. Elvis even knocks poor Charlie Hodge on his backside during a length kata... Amazing stuff!
There is also be some 1973 footage shot at Graceland. This includes a glimpse the gates, the grounds, the mansion itself and the pool area. This is not the poor quality Dutch footage that has been doing the rounds for years, but brand new footage taken from the reels and restored by us. This is TV quality material.
Back to top Go down

Elvis, The Beauty Queen & Me- New DVD
Page 1 of 1