WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel Empty
PostSubject: NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel   NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Someone just posted this up on YouTube a couple of days ago!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVX6UV7IMkk
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel   NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:11 pm

We have that DVD 'Elvis now' (Hampton roads Virginia)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel   NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:53 pm

We have had some incredible outtakes from both Elvis On Tour and TTWII but how long will we have to wait till a decent Special Edition DVD of either of these great moments in music history is released officially?

When TTWII-SE came out in 2001, i was impressed but now 9 years later, quite disappointed of what could have been and how badly in some parts it was edited.

Think its the only film i know that has come out in a Special Edition format which is actually shorter than the original film.
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel   NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Too right Sean. When TTWII SE came out I went to watch at a cinema in Leicester square and was amazed at some of the new material but I remember wishing they had kept in at least Bridge Over Troubled Water!
Then when I watched it again on video as you point out, I did notice a bit of bad editing here and there .

Also the "feel" of the show did'nt feel like an Elvis show circa 1970 as the new version had a far greater number of his classic hits and not enough of his more contemporary material so although it was great to see all the new additions, it was not true to Elvis' vision of his show as he did it in 1970.
Would you agree with that Sean, as we all know how expertly Elvis paced his shows and carefully selected all the content and everything...
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel   NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:22 pm

JRtherealJasper wrote:
Too right Sean. When TTWII SE came out I went to watch at a cinema in Leicester square and was amazed at some of the new material but I remember wishing they had kept in at least Bridge Over Troubled Water!
Then when I watched it again on video as you point out, I did notice a bit of bad editing here and there .

Also the "feel" of the show did'nt feel like an Elvis show circa 1970 as the new version had a far greater number of his classic hits and not enough of his more contemporary material so although it was great to see all the new additions, it was not true to Elvis' vision of his show as he did it in 1970.
Would you agree with that Sean, as we all know how expertly Elvis paced his shows and carefully selected all the content and everything...

I was in Leicester Square to see a one-off sceening of the film as well.

I saw 2 screenings of it in Memphis in 2001 and Rick Schmidlin who was responsible for the newly restored and remastered version spoke about what went into the film before it was shown.

There were some moments of absolute brilliance of Elvis that Rick did like the opening scenes of Mystery Train/Tiger Man medley,(ignoring the 'audience screaming' footage where most of that im sure was filmed from the 9th September 1970 performance in Arizona), but other moments that i wouldnt have seen like Elvis putting the mike in his mouth from July 15th Rehearsal of 'Love Me', that didnt need to be shown.
Also the over-the-top editing of Suspicious Minds taken from at least 4 different performances which replaced the original 12th Aug midnight shows version which is one of the greatest moments of Elvis captured on film.
Also leaving out 4 classic Presley performances like Sweet Caroline, I Just Cant Help Believin, Ive Lost You and Bridge Over Troubled Water is unforgiving and to think of the outtakes we have seen , knowing what they have in the vaults.

Watching the Special Edition again recently, Turner start off with a lie.

Telling you that 'most of the unused footage from the final film was lost in studio vaults.......Until now'. Yeah, right NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel Icon_rolleyes

Turner (Who own the rights to the footage) was aware what footage they had and where it was.

Rick spoke to my friends and I after that screening in Memphis about the On Tour Footage and that he viewed it all and thought it was so much better than TTWII footage so my question to him and Turner would be now, have you lost all the footage again in the studio vaults cause its been 9 years now and we still havent had a Elvis On Tour Special Edition released officially yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel   NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ON TOUR REHEARSAL OUTTAKE! Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel
Page 1 of 1