WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?

Go down 
+7
eselvisfan
pauldb38
Lorna
Tracey
ian
tutt
Fraser
11 posters
AuthorMessage
elvisinmemphis
Knocking On Gracelands Door
elvisinmemphis

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Empty
PostSubject: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 am

After this weekend's annual ETA get together at Blackpool it has come to my attention, yet again, that several so called "ETA management experts" have had their say on my management of Chris Connor.

This has now been going on long enough and needs to be addressed. Instead of whispering and whinging behind closed doors, now is your chance to tell me your reason or reasons why I should not be managing Chris.

Also, since you are experts, I would also like to know who you would replace me with as his manager.

I would also appreciate it if you could include your credentials in your reply. My list does go on a bit, but in a nutshell, not only have I been a professional ETA for nearly 20 years but have also promoted the World's Greatest Elvis concerts, featuring Elvis' original band members and the cream of the world's greatest ETAs at venues such as the Bolton Arena and Manchester Apollo etc ..etc...

I await your replies, so quite simply, put up or shut up...

Steve Preston
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:51 am

Steve this post seems a bit aggresive maybe the person or persons who have told you this should tell you who has said what and you should confront them directly and privately and not over a forum. Also i wasn't aware we had any promoters on this forum if we do then hands up guys and girls we would love to hear from you.

The browser isn't the place for a public slanging match or the he said she said brigade, we are all friends here and want to keep it that way !

Paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:37 pm

elvisinmemphis wrote:
After this weekend's annual ETA get together at Blackpool it has come to my attention, yet again, that several so called "ETA management experts" have had their say on my management of Chris Connor.

This has now been going on long enough and needs to be addressed. Instead of whispering and whinging behind closed doors, now is your chance to tell me your reason or reasons why I should not be managing Chris.

Also, since you are experts, I would also like to know who you would replace me with as his manager.

I would also appreciate it if you could include your credentials in your reply. My list does go on a bit, but in a nutshell, not only have I been a professional ETA for nearly 20 years but have also promoted the World's Greatest Elvis concerts, featuring Elvis' original band members and the cream of the world's greatest ETAs at venues such as the Bolton Arena and Manchester Apollo etc ..etc...

I await your replies, so quite simply, put up or shut up...

Steve Preston

Steve I am not an expert on management/promotional skills but judging by the exposure you have given Chris i.e radio, tv, WGEC etc I cannot see any fault in your work? You will always be criticized as I am, believe me I know how hard it is to promote someone, even the likes of a top international eta like Doug Church still presents a big challenge here in the uk & I am learning all the time but Doug is happy with my work & by the looks of it Chris is happy with the way you are managing/promoting him, that's what counts. He has regular quality paid gigs & a real good promotional package & a manager who believes in him. I know it does grate on you when people constantly try to find pitfalls in what you do but unfortunately this is the way of the world. Yes we all make mistakes but we address them, try our best to rectify them & learn from them. Just keep doing what you are doing, if Chris is happy then it don't matter what anyone else thinks or says.

Last edited by DARREN H on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fraser
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:24 pm

I know of nothing that you have stated above, Ive always attended the Blackpool event but tend to keep myself to myself and dont listen to Gossip as it is just that.

I would have loved for Chris to have taken part, and would have felt very privilaged to have seen his performance, was their a reason for not entering the competition?
Back to top Go down
Dean-Mack
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dean-Mack

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:36 pm

I agree with Darren, Chris has come a very long way in such a short space of time. I'm sure his talent would have got him to the very top but Steve has put him in the very best venues and linked him up with the very best ETA's. Anybody who says that Steve is no good for Chris is obviously a fool.

Elvis would still have been Elvis without the Colonel but the Colonel opened some very big doors for Elvis and I think that is what Steve has done for Chris with great promotion and marketing
Back to top Go down
http://www.deanmack.co.uk
tutt
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
tutt

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Yea i have to go with the above on this 1 Steve,there is too much crap goes on with some ETA's, it is sad that some ETA's take it on themselves to backstab, bulls**t & behave like schoolkids, you are well respected Steve & Chris is busy enough for us to know that you are doing a fantastic job of working him, if others think otherwise it is because they are as jealous as hell, & take no notice of these pillocks & just keep doing what you are doing.

Rick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rick.laws.31
ian
ian

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:06 pm

I was at Blackpool and spoke with Chris and Lisa, and Steve was mentioned as i know Steve as Chris under is wing, and have known and worked with Steve for many years.
Steve knows the ins and outs off this game and when he does a show he does it right and does not cut corners, Steve as always been respected in the ETA world and yes there is alot off jealousy and shit kicking and Chris as had some to.
Chris is in the best hands and Steve will guide him all the way, and i think before long Chris will be knocking on Las Vegas.
The ETA world as always been a bitchy world and always will be, i have had my fare knocks as well as fighting and being locked up with my band.
Ok just like me, Steve might be old school but we have kept the torch burning , not just for new ETAs but for the love of Elvis, i can't do what i used to do but i am still here and have made lots of friends with ETAs.
Chris as acheived so much in such a short time, but with Steve behind him he will push him to the top.
Ian
Billy Dean
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Steve, you know what you are doing, and Chris know what you are doing, so dont even botter to listen to rumors.
As long as you are both happy of what you are doing, then dont let it botter you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
Tracey
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Tracey

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Some things never change eh Steve Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:34 pm

I totally agree with Paul on this one. I am sick of the 'he said/ she said' shit stairers who love nothing more but winding people up. Whats the point in telling half a story? If someone or some people did say this about you Steve then you do have a right to find out who but surely the person who told you in the first place knows or is it a case of chinese whispers again? Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_scratch Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_scratch

Personally I think you are great for Chris and have enough knowledge and experience to get him to the top of his game and keep him there. I would not be bothered about other peoples opinions as what does it matter at the end of the day? You are doing the best for Chris, he and Lisa know it and so do you. Gossips never bother to get the full story anyway so I wouldnt worry about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:25 pm

This is just another example of the things that just I don't
find appealing about the whole "ETA Scene". As a newbie to performing
an Elvis tribute, I have really had my eyes opened. I have a love and passion
for everything Elvis and performing my tribute for Elvis fans is the icing on
the cake. I never knew what I was letting myself into when I decided to get
involved in contest, get-togethers and events. It has to be said that even
official Fan Club monthly discos that I've attended leave a lot to be desired.
It's a shame people have become so distracted by personal gain, reputation and
scoring brownie points that they have forgotten the one important factor in all
this...ELVIS!!!!

Having visited Memphis, I have to
say that the events of last week and the people I met have meant that I have
decided to take a step back and revaluate my status as an "ETA". I
will always "tribute" Elvis in my performance, but going forward, I
feel I just need to assess how that's done with the best intentions being
directed solely at giving a tribute that is credible and worthy of an
association and the promotion of the Elvis legacy.

On the subject of managing Chris, that's something that only Steve and Chris will know is a worthwile association. I can't see how anyone could think it's anything other than a bonus for both as it looks like a win-win situation to me and more fans are getting to see Chris perform as a direct result of his management through Elite....is that not the point??
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:40 pm

I totally agree with you malcolm it is something only Steve and Chris know ie is chris happy been managed my steve and is steve happy managing chris , but it is not a subject for the browser or its members it starts and ends with chris and steve , if the he said she said brigade aint big enough to say it to steve's face then i would just ignore it. I'm sure steve will have a laugh at all the smoke signals been blown his way though Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? 35213 . I was only at blackpool for 1 day and i can honestly say i never heard anyone mention steve but if i did hear any bad mouthing on anyone i would just walk away life is to short.

Malcom don't let anyone put you off been a ETA mate do whats in your heart one thing is for sure keep it respectable as you have done and you have the browser and its members 110 % behind you .

Oh i feel so Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? 872127 Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? 872127 Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? 872127 Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? 872127 off to bed now !
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Malcom, if you like and enjoy what you are doing, then just DO IT!
Dont let anybody stop you from it.
People always talk anyway.
And sometimes you do bump in to people that you dont like, or have a bad behavour, but i always think that it says more about them then about me.
I think ETA's among eachother, should just suport eachother, you can reach a much higher level with that.
There are also some that i know that have a very bad aditued, or a stinking personality, trying to put others down, to make themself look better, but it is best just to keep youre head up high, and keep on doing what you like to do! Else the rotten apples win.
So Mal, dont let ANYBODY put you down!! Make people happy with youre performence and keep Elvis alive!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, but I didn't say I was giving up as an ETA. I just want to take a long hard look at the way I present my tribute and the events etc that I take part in. I have a few fantastic projects falling into place and they are more geared around the promotion of the Elvis legacy with Malcolm King secondary as "one" of the entertainment options available for Elvis fans to enjoy should they decide to attend.

Forever Elvis

Mal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:23 pm

There seems to be alot of politics at every event these days instead of just keeping it for pure enjoyment and just about the man and the music.

But I think Chris's record and success in the matter of a year is been overwhelming so i only think Steve is doing the better for Chris.

Chris is now also gotta be up there with the likes of Klush, Carlini, Church etc as we all know he offers a suberb and respectful tribute to Elvis.
Back to top Go down
elvisinmemphis
elvisinmemphis

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Firstly I would like to say thank you not only to the people who supported me with their comments on this board but by the many positive private messages via facebook etc. on this subject.

I only posted the subject on the browser because I dont often get the chance to meet other ETA's face to face and this was the quickest way for me to allow these people "to be a man about it" and have their say so I could answer any critism and nip it in the bud even in an open discussion.

However some of the comments on here were unintentionally a little misguided for instance, "Chris is that good he would make it anyway," or "Elvis would have made it without the Colonel."
I'm not saying it wouldn't happen as nobody really knows, but one thing I am certain about is that it is not as simple as people think. I know of several tremendous singers and ETA's who have not had the work their talent deserves as unfortunately talent is not always enough.
Otherwise acts such as Elvis, The Beatles and Celine Dion would never need a manager to guide their career in the first place.

There are no guarantees in life...... only death and taxes.

All we do at Elite is give 120% which will certainly do more for Chris' career than any cheap talk from certain ETA's who first and foremost need to be concentrating on their own careers.

Once again thanks for the support, it is genuinely appreciated.

Steve Preston
Back to top Go down
Dean-Mack
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Dean-Mack

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:53 pm

elvisinmemphis wrote:

However some of the comments on here were unintentionally a little misguided for instance, "Chris is that good he would make it anyway," or "Elvis would have made it without the Colonel."

Steve Preston

Hi Steve, I made these comments but in no way was i trying undermine the work you have done with Chris, In fact it was the opposite.

Sorry if it caused any offence, none was intended
Back to top Go down
http://www.deanmack.co.uk
elvisinmemphis
elvisinmemphis

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi Dean,

I knew there was never any offence intended. I appreciate the reply though.

Cheers,

Steve
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:35 pm

latest news.....

Elite Tributes are to co promote "The best Elvis show in the world . . . Ever!" starring Chris Connor. The UK tour with full backing band will happen this Autumn 2010. The booking of concert dates with our partners started this week and more are expected in the coming weeks. Concert dates will be announced in good time.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:40 pm

LISA wrote:
latest news.....

Elite Tributes are to co promote "The best Elvis show in the world . . . Ever!" starring Chris Connor. The UK tour with full backing band will happen this Autumn 2010. The booking of concert dates with our partners started this week and more are expected in the coming weeks. Concert dates will be announced in good time.

superb!!! I just hope we get the chance to see Chris in Scotland.....if not, I'll be heading to the nearest venue with a bunch of jocks to see the show. Looking forward to it!! Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Fraser
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Just booked 10 tickets for the 19th March show at the Corn Exchange - tickets seem to be selling well - really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?   Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Steve Preston should not manage Chris Connor?
Page 1 of 1