WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MSN Today

Go down 
+2
JRtherealJasper
val w (Kinky Boots)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:20 pm

This was on MSN Today.

Elvis Presley 'killed by chronic constipation', claims doctor

Elvis Presley was killed by chronic constipation, his personal doctor has revealed

MSN Today Article-1273153422783-07E87BEF000005DC-67758_636x393

Elvis Presley died aged 42

Dr George “Nick” Nichopoulos has debunked the popular belief that the King of Rock and Roll died of a cardiac arrhythmia, possibly brought on by drug abuse, in his a new book.

In The King and Dr Nick, Nichopoulos claims an autopsy that took place after Elvis’ death revealed that the singer’s colon had enlarged from two to three inches to 5 to 6 inches in diameter, and from the standard 4 to 5 feet in length to 8 to 9 feet.

“We didn’t realize until the autopsy that his constipation was as bad – we knew it was bad because it was hard for us to treat, but we didn’t realize what it had done," the doctor told Fox.

"We just assumed that the constipation was secondary to the meds that he was taking for his arthritic pain and for his insomnia.”

Nichopoulos was Presley's doctor for the last 12 years of his life and tried to resuscitate him when he died in 1977 aged 42.

He believes that Elvis ballooned in weight in the years just before his death because of severe constipation rather than overeating.

“The constipation upset him quite a bit because Elvis thought that he could handle almost anything, he thought he was really a man’s man and he wasn’t going to let something like this … he thought that this was a sign of weakness and he wasn’t going to be weak,” Nichopoulos said.

“And it’s not the kind of thing you table talk. Back in the ‘60s and ‘70s you didn’t talk about constipation much, you didn’t hear people complaining about it, or saying what they did or how much trouble they had with it.”
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:02 pm

This is the first time I have heard about Elvis' "arthritic pain"- it was'nt mentioned in the autopsy report at all.
I'm not sure I believe this- neither do I believe this new constipation as cause of death theory.

In fact all medical evidence and evidence at the scene of death points to a sudden, violent heart attack. People still can't accept this!

Was the heart attack triggered by the prescribed drugs in Elvis' system? Possibly- but it looks like we'll never know for sure.
I do think, however, that Dr. Nick was one of the better Doctors who worked for Elvis. He tried very hard to get him into rehab, he intercepted a lot of deliveries of pills from other doctors and he would often give Elvis placebos in place of his real pills.
Back to top Go down

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:15 pm

I didnt know about arhtritic pain but I know in Charlie Hodge's Book he mentioned that Elvis told him he had pain all over his body and Charlie said that Elvis had bone cancer - I will have to dig the book out to get exactly what he said but I am 99.99% sure charlie suggested Elvis had bone cancer..
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:17 am

i saw a video of Charlie Hodge and he said Elvis did have bone cancer .
to be honest i think all the so called memphis mafia and whoever else was associated with Elvis are all To55ers . they lie through their back teeth to make money from Elvis's name , what actually makes me laugh is when you see documentrys about elvis they actually try to make you beleive they said things toElvis and the colonel about the concerns they had . Rubbish they were all yes men who only cared about money .
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:42 am

the thoughts that come to my mind are what does it really matter how he died ?? all that matters is that he did and it still hurts a lot of people , why do these so called friends want to embarrass and damage Elvis and his memory so much ?? it is hard enough and hurtful enough as it is when people come up to you and give you the Elvis died on the toilet talk without people coming out and saying this sort of stuff and fueling their argument , Elvis should be remembered for what he gave to music not how he died , i think Elvis deserves privacy about some things even after 33 years since he died , he gave so much and deserves to be protected , even if the above is true i dont think it should be talked about , it's not important and none of anyone's buisness MSN Today Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:08 pm

EDDIE P wrote:
the thoughts that come to my mind are what does it really matter how he died ?? all that matters is that he did and it still hurts a lot of people , why do these so called friends want to embarrass and damage Elvis and his memory so much ?? it is hard enough and hurtful enough as it is when people come up to you and give you the Elvis died on the toilet talk without people coming out and saying this sort of stuff and fueling their argument , Elvis should be remembered for what he gave to music not how he died , i think Elvis deserves privacy about some things even after 33 years since he died , he gave so much and deserves to be protected , even if the above is true i dont think it should be talked about , it's not important and none of anyone's buisness MSN Today Icon_neutral
I agree with Ed, we should be just remembering how he lived and what an awesome gift he gave us all regarding his music & as an entertainer etc, not remembered of how he died MSN Today Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Yep how he died is not the issue and to bring this kind of thing up is in bad taste really by dr Nick. However saying that if no body ever spoke about their relationship with elvis there would be a lot of things that would not be known, its just up to us to sort the wheat from the chaffe and for those who knew elvis to think about what they are saying and leave the things that should remain private that way.

I am sure a lot of people will say anything for money but I disagree that all associated with Elvis where hangers on and out to make money out of him. It comforts me to believe that he did have a few "good friends" who were not that way and a few decent girlfriends too, not many in that dept. unfortunately, I was quite shocked when I saw an interview with shelia Ryan and she was discussing intimately her private times with Elvis Rolling Eyes it was not called for and did nothing to enhance the interview really. Now Ann Margret is a totally different kettle of fish to most of the girlfriends, she is very guarded about her relationship with Elvis and that is nice Smile and respectful. cheers
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:22 pm

The bone cancer theory is 100% untrue. Charlie said it for the best of reasons, but it is absolutely false.

Also arthritis was not discovered at Elvis' autopsy. When the autopsy was re-opened in 1994, it was again not mentioned.

It is only Doctor Nick who has come up with the arthritis story after he re-examined some decades old x-rays taken of Elvis.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Here are the facts about the 'Bone cancer' rumour from what i know.

Elvis wanted to test Charlie to see how loyal he was in keeping secrets and told Charlie that he had Bone Cancer but not to tell anyone else about it but Charlie did, he told a few people even Kathy Westmoreland who believed this and went public with this years after Elvis death but it was totally false.

Regarding this new information that Dr Nick has brought out, ive heard this all before and i even spoke with Dr Nick about this in Memphis a couple of years ago.

I believe Elvis' body just gave up and tragically it was due to the prescription tablets he had been taking since 1960.

I can understand why some of you are angered by Elvis' friends but i can assure you they were not 'yes men' and they werent with Elvis just for the money, they didnt make much money working for Elvis.There were 'yes men ' who worked for Elvis but they came and went very quickly, Elvis was smart enough to know who his true friends were, sadly he treated them quite badly in his final years which led to the Elvis:What Happened? book.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Sean wrote:

Elvis wanted to test Charlie to see how loyal he was in keeping secrets and told Charlie that he had Bone Cancer but not to tell anyone else about it but Charlie did, he told a few people even Kathy Westmoreland who believed this and went public with this years after Elvis death but it was totally false.

Regarding this new information that Dr Nick has brought out, ive heard this all before and i even spoke with Dr Nick about this in Memphis a couple of years ago.

I believe Elvis' body just gave up and tragically it was due to the prescription tablets he had been taking since 1960.

I can understand why some of you are angered by Elvis' friends but i can assure you they were not 'yes men' and they werent with Elvis just for the money, they didnt make much money working for Elvis.There were 'yes men ' who worked for Elvis but they came and went very quickly, Elvis was smart enough to know who his true friends were, sadly he treated them quite badly in his final years which led to the Elvis:What Happened? book.
Hi sean, just out of intrest have you read the book Elvis:what happend as i have been toying with the idea of trying to get hold of a copy to read
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Garry John wrote:
Sean wrote:

Hi sean, just out of intrest have you read the book Elvis:what happend as i have been toying with the idea of trying to get hold of a copy to read

Hi Gary,
Yeah i have a copy and have read it quite a few times and i read it with an open mind, and most of the book is not putting Elvis down but i can see how the book caused outrage at the time, being released a few weeks before Elvis died.

A few years ago i remember Sonny West was in our hotel and was doing a book signing for his latest book and this woman was really having a go at Sonny about the Elvis:What Happened? book saying that it was full of lies and that.
I asked her if she could tell me what parts of the book she is referring to that has lies in it and she couldnt answer me.I then asked her if she could name the person who wrote the book and she couldnt name him and it turned out she hadnt even read the book. MSN Today Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:18 pm

I have read the book and dont think it was all lies, but to be honest what they say happened would not have been such a big deal in this day n age - Do I think they cared?? I am not saying they all did, there is something about Sonny West that don't just sit quite right with me, not sure what it is. but some of the others yes I think they did love Elvis. Has anyone seen the the set of videos called all the Kings Men?
Back to top Go down

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:20 pm

just my own personal feeling of course I could be totally wrong, probably am hehe - only the people involved themselves truely know..
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Dr. Nick's book looks like it is a MUST READ from what I can gather on different web sites. It has very important information on the toxicology tests which I think will do a lot to dispel a lot of myths which have endured despite the excellent work done in Brown & Broeske's DOWN AT THE END OF LONELY STREET book which I would rate 10/10.

Dr. Nick's book is on Amazon here incase anyone is intersted:
http://www.amazon.com/King-Dr-Nick-Really-Happened/dp/1595551719/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274898069&sr=1-1

I was really angry many years ago when I read Thompson & Cole's book THE DEATH OF ELVIS and they even had the cheek to subtitle the book WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. They concluded that Elvis PROBABLY (but they were'nt sure) died from an allergic reaction to codeine after he accidentaly took them instead of another pill. Those who worked for Elvis have said that he took codeine like candy and yes he had a mild allergy but nothing that would have killed him. Really stupid theory and with no evidence to back it up.
MSN Today 1595551719.5461040_std
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MSN Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSN Today   MSN Today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MSN Today
Page 1 of 1