WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I love Charity

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Guys, does this forum support any one particular charity par chance???

I have an idea to try and maybe raise some pennies if so...

I am willing to go on the begging blag for scarves - signed of course - just a thougt but if we could get a nice big bundle of them from the etas here and maybe even ones we know thats not here maybe we could auction them for charity (one supported by this group if we have one in mind) could do it on ebay even - ya never know may raise some money for a good cause.. Smile It may take some time to collect them but even if we started and did something in the new year, we girls can go begging at Birmingham too, and if begging them dont work we can threaten them with sending them up kilimanjaro with chinky chong Rolling

Just a thought -

Huggs

Michelle
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 pm

could even get really cheeky and maybe some of the guys who have done cds or have photos and all could donate something signed? - seeing as most of us, well mostly you guys hehe at some point get to events and get togethers they could maybe be collected then.

I can start it off with a pair of Chris underpants!!! haha only joking - i am so glad he dont know what i say and do in this section hehe...

if we dont have a charity maybe we could chose a few or ask memebers if there is something particularly close to their hearts and do a vote or something as to who would benefit?

If yall think its a rubbish idea or too much work, please say so cos its ok i wont be offended Smile
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:20 pm

damn shame Mike has already gone to Vegas wouldnt it have been great if he could have got one from shawn Klush and or soem of the american etas!

I am willing to donate my lil collection of 3 i have - hehe - some guy called Joe Kent from when was in memphis - have one from Pete Storm but know I can get anotehr from him nicely signed - I got one from Pete Smile deffo can get something from Kirky - can work on Darren for Doug Church one, of course could get some stuff from my Chris - Im sure all the guys here would help out -
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:21 am

i will ask lisa for some stuff off Chris Connor
i think it's a good idea Michelle any thing for charity I love Charity Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:35 am

Smile Once we know what the other mods thinks maybe I can post something to let folks know what we are doing and let the begging begin I love Charity Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:38 pm

great idea Michelle I love Charity Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:21 pm

i will go with that
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Great idea, I have got one from Shawn Klush but as I have got a couple I dont know which scarf belonged to who. Going to see Kirky on Friday at a charity night so could ask him there.
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Nice one Val, if ya seeing kirky give him a big hug from me please Smile - and maybe he will sign it too - well he will for sure cos hes a good guy Smile

Lets wait for Lorna's imput and then maybe we can post somthing and start collecting - if we start now come say end of jan we may have a fair bit and plus its after xmas and people has more money and may get good bids we can just see how we go with it Smile

Maybe once we see what we got we can decide on good cause Smile
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:13 pm

I think as we always do the usual ones which are great. There is one called Men matters and it is cancer in men, testicle etc. But their are plenty out there we can choose from. If I have not had one to many on Friday I will ask Kirk, if not we can always ask him on facebook.
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 pm

that would be a good one actually cancer for men cos i think the men are often forgotten causes and as the ets donating are guys that would be a great choice!!

Yes no rush with Kirk, he and chris are actually close friends so wont be any problem with kirky - he does so mcuh for charity himself Smile hes a great person is kirky Smile

Once we get ok from Lorna which am sure we will - i can post a thread and get the begging bowls out - i really do think testicular cancer is a great idea val - Smile well done you!!
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:23 pm

i try to help the charity stroke support as they were a great help to me when i had mine
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:27 pm

wow Pete I did not know you had a stroke - you are doing well to recover from that keep it up Mr and keep jiggling and doing the elvis wiggle - great therapy me thinks...

maybe we can ask for double bubble from everyone and do two hehe!!
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:41 pm

guys am i ok to post a scrounge thread to try and see if we can get this going?? where would be best palce to post it do you think please?

Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:24 pm

I asked Kirk on Friday night, he will let us have one when we are ready. How are we going to do this and for which charity and I think we need as much information first before we start asking. Maybe we could turn our browser christmas party into an actual charity event or something after christmas (Valentines maybe). Get things to auction or raffle off. I could always auction Mike off to somebody but dont think I will get much I love Charity Lol

Just a thought, what do you think.
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:54 pm

hehe.. your funny val...

Ok how we wil ldo it good question lol...

maybe we can start a thread saying that we thougt it may be a nice idea to try and raise some money for charity through the browser, we are open to anyones ideas but thought to start maybe we could ask any of the eta's if they would be willing to donate something to us, be it a scarf or a piccie or whatever signed so that we can make up a bumper collection and either auction it or raffle it or something, we could decide the best way to do that when we see how much stuff we got - it be auctioned at one of your browser events - actually if you auctioned at an event if anyone wanted to bid on it that couldnt make it to event they could put in a book bid like they do at proper auctions? we could send a message to all our facebook elvis friends maybe.. If we post the thread maybe we can collect some of the stuff at events, birmingham etc to save them having to pay for post costs to get it to one of us. valentines would be good beause it gives folks a chance to get over christmas expense and there may be a few hubbies out there wanna give their betetr halves a lovely gift!

As for the charity i dont mind I think that the mens Matters is a good one but also think that what Pete has mentioned is an excellent one too, as this is something that has effected him personally and he has gained help from them and would be nice to give somthing back as pete gives a lot of his time and energy to this forum and helping the etas in many ways.. It would be nice to think that we could do something for both but not sure how much we will raise - maybe the choice of charity could be put to a vote? between the 2 or we could try really hard and go for the both or maybe do one this year and the otehr the next.. I really do love the mens matter idea but my heart goes to the stroke support i think because its so close to home for so many including Pete who is a big part of this forum.. but obviously it is something that everyone should decide on Smile

This is just my thoughts appreciate everyone elses

Wonder if Lisa would donate Chris Connor for a few slow dances if he gets to one of the get togethers damn we would raise enough for both charities hehe!! - just joking i wouldnt be so cheeky to ask - or would i hehe

Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:08 pm

I'll start it off at a fiver then I love Charity 98246 .
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:33 pm

hehe £5.50!
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 pm

£6.00
Back to top Go down

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:34 pm

val you drive a hard bargain.. £6.25!!
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:50 pm

£6.26. I love Charity Lol
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Sorry girls £10 !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:59 pm

ooh, the moths are flying out now Paul I love Charity Lol .
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:22 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
ooh, the moths are flying out now Paul I love Charity Lol .

Why lorna's paying lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 pm

oh gawd im gonna have to get a loan now £10.12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I love Charity Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Charity   I love Charity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I love Charity
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next