WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

this was on tv last night

Go down 
+5
Tracey
Sean
viva ronnie c
EDDIE P
tutt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

this was on tv last night  Empty
PostSubject: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:39 pm

does anybody know this guy ?????

http://www.itv.com/granada/return-to-render04290/
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:43 pm

saw this myself Ronnie , to be honest when they said earlier on the show something about Elvis tribute going to Vegas i thought it would be Chris Conner but alas no this was on tv last night  Icon_sad it was the same old ugh ugh ugh stuff and Elvis puns it was all the stuff most of us try to avoid , good luck to the guy though it's a great opertunity for him this was on tv last night  Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
tutt
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
tutt

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:09 pm

I agree with Eddie plastering in a f*****g jumpsuit & ugh ugh ughing no i don't like that at all, why couldn't he have donr the interview in his normal workclothes & be more respectful i can't understand some people Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rick.laws.31
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 pm

for me this is one of the reasons why ETAs take a lot of Sh*t off people
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:43 pm

viva ronnie c wrote:

for some reason the media only want to potray this image of ETA's , i'm sure they don't relise that some of us take Elvis and his music and our tribute seriously , sure we have fun but not at Elvis's expense , i get tired of being potrayed as some crack pot this was on tv last night  Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:44 pm

EDDIE P wrote:
viva ronnie c wrote:

for some reason the media only want to potray this image of ETA's , i'm sure they don't relise that some of us take Elvis and his music and our tribute seriously , sure we have fun but not at Elvis's expense , i get tired of being potrayed as some crack pot this was on tv last night  Icon_mad
well put Edd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:15 pm

to be honest i don't think the media care it is just another story and opportunity for them to extract the urine i some times wonder why we bother
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Got to agree with all the comments.

Cant really blame the guy cause i dont think he thinks he is doing anything disrespectful.

The media do try to belittle Elvis and the decent ETAs who show respect to Elvis' legacy and im certain it was the programmes idea to have him plastering in his jumpsuit and even more embarrassing, in sunglasses.

The world's top ETAs do get compared to these sort of guys which is a great shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:18 pm

did ya see the shoes jawdrop

I got a pair similar to that affraid

i cant say aymore than has already been said except, that Chris Connor will get to Vegas and it will be the right way Smile

And for those who have done it already or hope to in the future dont let things like this dampen your spirits or compromise your beliefs and feelings for Elvis

Hugggs
Back to top Go down
Tracey
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Tracey

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:51 pm

I was expecting to probably see Chris too Rolling Eyes I saw his boots Michelle, they outstaged his suit though lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Ahhhh
Back to top Go down
Mayhem 1
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Mayhem 1

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-09-26

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 am

Hiya Friends,

Now, as some of you know i am not an ETA but hee is my take on this as a fan.

Fringe suit + That belt!!! = Wrong
Sunglasses whilst on stage = Wrong
And those shoes!!!!!! arrgggghhhhhhh

Also why is it these tv people always think Elvis wore blue suede shoes??? not that I have ever seen.

Plastering in a jumpsuit!!! that is almost as bad as going to tescos and doing your shopping in one like a lot of wannabes.

Do these people honestly think that is what the man would have done??

I dont think so
Back to top Go down
http://www.bumble-b-roadshow.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:00 am

He was probably made to do it for the TV. It would be an expensive suit if had had got plaster on it, dont know where he got the shoes from though this was on tv last night  Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
He was probably made to do it for the TV. It would be an expensive suit if had had got plaster on it, dont know where he got the shoes from though this was on tv last night  Icon_scratch

he probably was made to do it your right Val , it's up to us as ETA'S to stick up for Elvis's image and say no when asked to do such ridiculas things , i supose some people are scared to say no and genuiely don't see the harm they are doing , they see it as having fun and think they are entertaining , well to some they are entertaining but only in a see them once never to be seen again away this was on tv last night  Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:33 am

I'm sure once he had seen the footage wished he had not done it. Sometimes things sound ok but then you see the final result and it is not what you think.
Back to top Go down
Rossvegas
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rossvegas

Number of posts : 1073
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:13 pm

TV really has a way of making things so different when your filming and promicing the legacy of elvis wont me harmed bull****
ive had this experiance i was contacted by an agent to ask to appear on a show and 4 other ETA's but when i got there was only 1 other ETA and 30 extras all with cheap ass suits on and i made sure i said to the producer if any thing bad is in this i walk

and of course filming all day (was supposed to be a Elvis convention so was easy to just stand around all day drinking and eating talking about elvis)
untill i seen the eppisode and the crap they was saying about elvis was apauling but becuase me and a another ETA was involved we got slated so to say i wont be involved in anything like that again is an understatment Wink
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:30 pm

After the tremendous concert at Richmond on Saturday a member of the audience just so happened to work for Yorkshire BBC television. Now they have asked if Chris would appear in the next few weeks on BBC Look North. She was knocked out by his performance and would like the programme to do a feature on him. Watch this space

(of course this will be a respectful appearance, or otherwise will not happen)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 am

grat stuff Lisa - please let us know when please cos even though I am down south am sure I get all the BBC stations on my telly Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:09 am

Week before last Chris did an outdoor charity event - and eventful it was, I will maybe do a thread about something that infuriated me later. But anyway, the only food on offer burgers and hog roast done on outdoor barbeque. We spent most of the day there, chris's set was last one he was closing the event and as we were there all day he dressed in Elvis casual wear and just mingled with the people there it was nice people came and wanted piccies and talked about Elvis yadda yadda. Being there all day Chris was starving ! the only food readily available was the burgers and hog roast. I said Chris get a burger if ya hungry he said no wayyyyyyyyyyyy cos you just know someone will take a picture and make some demeaning remarks about Elvis and burgers. So he had an ice lolly instead adn starved lol but It did not even dawn on me until he said that that yes someone somewhere may take something innocent out of context, and turn it into a p**s take - Basically what I am saying is there are times when I dont think people realise what can happen and in all innocence found themselves in an awkward position, but I think in this case of the plasterer, sorry but I think he knew. All i can say is if someone come to Chris regardless of who it was and wanted him to deliver milk in a jumpsuit the answer would be a big fat no way, because you just know thats going to be turned into something unsavoury.

Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this was on tv last night    this was on tv last night  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this was on tv last night
Page 1 of 1