WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Viva Elvis

Go down 
+5
EDDIE P
tutt
val w (Kinky Boots)
viva ronnie c
Little Elvis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Little Elvis
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Little Elvis

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Stop what your doing and Buy Viva Elvis now..........

I personally think its outstanding, has anyone else got it today? What are your thoughts? Be interesting to see opinions.................

In a nutshell its totally revamped Elvis's music, not in a way the little less conversation/rubberneckin format, but its more took the overlay on elvis's vocal and song and layed it on top of the sound that you would here today, and I truley believe that if Elvis was a 20-40 year old guy making music in todays times, thats what it would probably sound like. But most of all its done Elvis justice and really brought his music to the generation of today............................ and thats why he's the king!

But thats my opinion lets throw it open....

Dean
Back to top Go down
http://www.lostrockets.co.uk
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 am

i've not bought it yet
but yeah i agree it sounds phenomenal
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 pm

On my Christmas list.
Back to top Go down

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:08 pm

will add it to my xmas list too Smile thanks for sharing that info Little Elvis Smile
Back to top Go down
tutt
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
tutt

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:21 pm

I have just heard it & i must say that it won't be to everybodys taste..but as Little Elvis said.. it has really brought his music to the generation of today & it has a very club mix feel to it.. but i hope it goes to no 1 & the youngsters really get what Elvis means to millions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rick.laws.31

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:35 am

well put mr Tutt!!
Back to top Go down
Little Elvis
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Little Elvis

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:40 am

A review from Elvis.com:

I have just listened to "Viva ELVIS - The Album," which was very kindly sent to me by Sony UK and I am not afraid to say I am in tears. It is PHENOMENAL and the sound AMAZING. Truly a listening and emotional experience and genuinely revolutionary in concept which should give it an excellent chance for a Grammy Award next year. This is truly Elvis for the 21st Century.

The whole album is built around a biographical theme with comments from Elvis, Ed Sullivan, Bill Black, Milton Berle etc. and snippets of other Elvis songs apart from those listed on the album cover. This is one album that I will be playing a lot and not just once or twice. Yes, we would have liked more tracks but the ones on the album are longer than usual apart from 'Memories' and 'You'll Never Walk Alone' which are linking themes as shown below. The album cover is very colorful, contemporary, and features a booklet containing many scenes from the 'Viva Elvis' show with details of the cast etc. Now on to my review:

1. Opening
The album opens with the strains of what is commonly known by Elvis fans as 'The 2001 Theme' together with females screaming and chanting "We Want Elvis". Great drums featured in the background. Elvis himself comments 'If You're Looking For Trouble'. There are also historical comments from Ed Sullivan and track 1 commences a countdown into track 2. A fitting start to the album.

2. Blue Suede Shoes
Heavy version with drums and harmonica up front. Has a distinct Bo Diddley feel to it and again comments from Ed Sullivan and Milton Berle. Lots of sound wizadry here.

3. That's All Right
Has a great feel to it and commences with a similar opening to 'I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine' with comments by Horace Logan and Bill Black. Screaming girls add to the atmosphere. Also snatches of 'When It Rains It Really Pours'.

4. Heartbreak Hotel
This track has a great powerful Blues feel to it and starts out with Elvis doing his famous 'Well, Well Well' routine. A really heavy version follows which quite literally bounces along with great Harmonica/Sax/Brass/Drums and Piano. Snippets of 'Stranger In My Own Home Town' (informal rehearsal) as featured on 'The Essential 70's Masters Box Set. 'Polk Salad Annie' even gets a mention.

5. Love Me Tender
A beautiful duet with a really great female singer and a very contemporary arrangement with acoustic guitar adds up to a real winner. Elvis closes the duet by singing a snippet of 'In My Way' from the movie 'Wild In The Country'. In my opinion this would make a great single release.

6. King Creole
This track commences in a similar fashion to the opening of the film of the same name with strains of 'Crawfish'/'Gumbo'. Slower than the original version with the cast singing along. Elvis also sings a snippet of 'Hard Headed Woman'. The track ends in the same fashion as the beginning with 'Gumbo'. 'Elvis also sings a snippet of 'New Orleans'.

7. Bossa Nova Baby
Commences with Elvis making comments in the recording studio to Hal Wallis. We are then treated to an excellent version of this well known track featuring drums/sax/piano/bass and organ. During the song a part of the arrangement is reminiscent of 'Barbara Ann' by The Beach Boys. Elvis comments "It's Hot In Here". Ends with a great Boots Randolph style sax. A contemporary version without losing the original feel. This would be a great track for the program 'Dancing With The Stars'.

8. Burning Love
Commences with the famous comment made by Elvis (on the 'Elvis sails' EP) to the Press Corps on joining the U.S. Army. On being asked "What's your idea of the ideal girl?" Elvis answers with much laughing '"Female Sir". A heavy version follows with guitar/drums and guitar to the fore. There is also a piece of dialogue included from the movie 'Jailhouse Rock' where Elvis has just kissed Judy Tyler (Peggy Van Alden) and she turns to him in disgust and states "How dare you think that such cheap tactics would work with me?" and Elvis replies "That ain't tactics honey, its just the beast in me".

9. Memories
A short orchestral piece of 'Memories' which is really a means of segueing into

10. Can't Help Falling In Love
This is a really fine contemporary version of this classic track and sung as a duet with a great female singer similar in style to Mariah Carey. Elvis opens the track accompanied by acoustic guitar. Very melodious. Interestingly the track fades out with Elvis repeating part of the song 'Love Me'.

11. You'll Never Walk Alone (Piano Interlude)
A beautiful short piano solo played as if it were Elvis himself and segues into the final track.

12. Suspicious Minds
Great up tempo closer for the album which is heavy on drums/piano/bass and guitar. Similar type female backing group as the Sweet Inspirations. A very melodious version with Elvis urging everyone on near the end shouting "C'mon, C'mon, C'mon".

Finally, I would like to make this important point. To fully appreciate this album one needs to treat it as a whole and not just a conglomeration of unrelated tracks. As stated earlier it is truly a unique 'listening experience' and and one that is linked biographically to cover all Elvis eras from 'That's All Right' to 'Suspicious Minds' taking in the 50's, the Movies, the Army, the 68 TV Special and Vegas. Special thanks go out to Erich van Tourneau and his team for this innovative concept in recorded music and to EPE and Sony Music Entertainment for their support for the project.

This album will whet the appetite of fans worldwide to go and see the show Viva ELVIS when it eventually goes on tour and bring back fond memories for those who have already seen it. I personally cannot wait.

Back to top Go down
Rossvegas
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rossvegas

Number of posts : 1073
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 am

its awsome
might not be for some Jedi fans out there
but i love all types of music and i am open minded when it comes to Music
there are a few tracks on the album made me squirm a wee bit but its a Awsome album
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:15 am

Have to say it aint to mine and Becks taste , we have listened to all the tracks and to be honest they sound to messed about with , ok maybe if you are in a club in Ibiza but to encourage new fans i don't think so , there aint anything wrong with the originals , and like Beck said to me these new ones just don't sound Rock n Roll , nail on the head i think Computer Crash , one of the things Elvis hated was people messing around with his music and i have to say i don't like it either , we are living in a dreamland if people think that these new tracks will encourage young new fans to go out and buy old Elvis material , and if this is what it takes to pull in young fans then i don't want them , love Elvis for what he was not for this rubbish , sorry guy's don't want to be all negative , i just don't think it's as great as what people are making out Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
Rossvegas
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rossvegas

Number of posts : 1073
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:44 am

i remember years ago Eddie i remixed a UB40 track for the band and they said to me that when they release a record it is thought over and over if its right and when the track is to there standard and pollished off they release it
there is nothing more annoying than hearing a wee DJ mess it up into something Alien
Hence why i never remixed again lol

they said if you pained the Mona lisa then you sell the painting and someone restyled her hair changed her clothes and then changed the background to another landscape
would it still be Mona lisa painting?
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:45 am

Not bought it yet, however myself and Chris have heard snippets on the net and the tv add, I didnt have as much as an opinion as Chris, but Chris said what he heard he thinks is fantastic! And the tracks sound great.
It will be on the Christmas list, however I think Chris wont wait that long. x
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:46 am

Not bought it yet, however myself and Chris have heard snippets on the net and the tv add, I didnt have as much as an opinion as Chris, but Chris said what he heard he thinks is fantastic! And the tracks sound great.
It will be on the Christmas list, however I think Chris wont wait that long. x
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:51 am

when you mess with classics not everybody will like what is done .
music has always been about personal tastes .
i can see where Edd is coming from and thats his and becky's opinion of the album .
personally i have only heard bits myself like Lisa said , but what i have heard i like
Back to top Go down
Kay the devil in disguise
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Kay the devil in disguise

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Getting it tomoz on my way to work Sounds a really go CD.
Something for me to listen to on my Work days lol xx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/K4YL3IGH
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:41 am

It's a fantastic album and reflects the energy of Viva Elvis "the show". I don't think it was intended to, or could ever replace or take away from the "original" sound of Elvis at his raw rock'n'roll best. It is in my opinion a project that takes the Elvis magic and through the evolution of technology etc, gives us something different. Some people love Viva Elvis and some don't. There will be those who love this album and those that don't, but for me it's a quality piece of Elvis, something new to enjoy. . . and yep! my kids love it and within two hours of listening to it were asking if the Viva Elvis show was coming to the UK, so for me it's a job well done EPE.

FOREVER ELVIS
Mal
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:46 am

heard some snippets really looking forward to hearing the whole thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Little Elvis
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
Little Elvis

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Got to agree Mal, youve got to remember this is the soundtrack to the show and assume that was paramount when initially doing these tracks............. its just turned out, its a stroke of musical genius in my opinion.

Lets face it Elvis moved with the times, he wasnt recording a 50's Ready Teddy in the 70's, Suspicious minds, Burning Love etc are 70's songs in a 70's stlye in a roundabout way.

For me its the sound that if Elvis was a 20 year old singer walked into the studio and went to record King Creole for the 1st ever time........... thats what it would sound like! Same with the rest of the tracks.

There will probably be another album.................... as there are a few tracks missing that appear in the show

Dean
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Rock Radio are running a auction to raise money for Help for Heroes, one of them is a 2 day trip to las vegas to go and see the Viva Show. Was going to put a bid in but it is now nearly £1000. WOW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Viva Elvis  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viva Elvis    Viva Elvis  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Viva Elvis
Page 1 of 1