WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bar Prices

Go down 
+2
Garry John
val w (Kinky Boots)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:55 pm

This might give you an idea of the bar prices for Birmingham. This is one of the bars for the Manchester Hilton.

http://www.cloud23bar.com

Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:05 pm

f@ck me ( affraid pale pale sorry pale pale affraid)looks like a sober weekend then
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Yep, not sure if that is bottle prices if they dont sell draught. Just bought 4 small bottles of wine for my handbag Cheesey Smile You will have to let us know on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:19 pm

me an me wallet might av had heart failue by then pale pale
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Your wallet might have heart failure anyway because you have opened it Razz
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:26 pm

O.M.G. YOU CHEEKY BUGGA Rolling Rolling Rolling
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Garry John wrote:

ha ha, who me? I am never cheeky Wink Hope Sam has got a big handbag. £23.00 is quite expensive for a bottle of wine.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:39 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
Garry John wrote:

ha ha, who me? I am never cheeky Wink Hope Sam has got a big handbag. £23.00 is quite expensive for a bottle of wine.
OMG YOU SO NEARLY MADE ME SWEAR AGAIN.... THAT IS BLEEDING RIDICULOUS affraid affraid A TRIP TO HOME & BARGAIN ME THINKS MINITURE WINE BOTTLES A £1 & A COUPLE OF BIG BOTTLES TO THEN KEEP TOPPING THE LITTLE ONES UP... OTHERWISE Broke Broke Broke Broke Broke EVEN WITH 20% OFF THEM PRICES ARE STILL SHITTY
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Thats what we are doing. Going to keep topping them up. Just notice, it is dearer for a 250 glass than two seperate 125 glasses. How do they figure that one out.
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Its cheaper to buy 5 glasses of 125ml. Works out at £21.00, then if you gat 20% off that wil be £16.80.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:32 pm

I BET IT TASTES LIKE CHEEP CHIPPY VINEGAR ASWELL silent silent
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Guess the guys will come with handbags too, this time and will spent a lot of time at the toilet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:36 am

i thought val was on a windup!!! - well, I know i shouldnt but im gonna bring me own not that i drink loads and I got some little pop bottles im gonna smuggle some pernod in that - cos they dont even have that on the list only problem is the lemonade may have to hide it in one of vals boots lol x if it comes to it guys we just have to have the drink in our room and stagger downstairs - dont drink wine normally but maybe will try and get some of them little bottles as welll cos least dont have to have mixer, but no way I am paying those prices and i wont let chris either, lol best bring his ginger wine lol £3.50 for a glass of lemonade Broke 100% non smoking hotel also so we may have to walk miles for a fag lol xx

I just saw this under reviews for the hotel

Drinks very over priced. £12.80 for a pint of cider and a gin and tonic !!

the wines on offer in the restaurant for a hotel of this quality are diabolical. we paid over £26 for a wine that the drains would reject. Why not get some decent wines in.

The price of a bottle of house red wine at £23.60.

The restaurant. There was only one restaurant option and that that was self service. It is just a hyped up cafeteria with poorly trained staff, and disappointing food (except for the puddings which were good). At 8.00 many of the listed options were unavailable. A very unsatisfactory experience. Stay in the hotel but eat elsewhere.

The bar staff were rude,drinks were very very expensive for a vodka and orange and 1/2 lager was over £10 very wrong.

Seems also they may charge a service charge for dinner ?
Stealth Tax! If I had been told my room was £106 I would have booked it and been happy. To book the room at £99 then check in and have a demand (however polite) for another £7 for my car is severly annoying. Then when I have a meal I sign a slip to book the meal to my room and I chose to the box to pay a tip. When I paid my bill I found I had also been charged a "Service Charge" of 10% - another stealth tax, the only service I had was to have a drink from the bar brought to the table as the meal was a buffet so I served myself. so it actually cost more to have the drink brought 60metres than to buy the drink. Again, annoying. The issues above are with the Management of the Hotel. In future I will look at other hotels rather than just book.

Paying over £4 for one small coffee !

Lots of complaints about prices, service charges (which really we should be ok cos we paid for brekkie and dinner in with the room sooo they surely cant bill us??) Bit worried as they have Chris card details from when we booked

there was not tea/coffee in rooms.nor was there a shower room just a bath with shower hose.thought the hilton would of been more upto date.i stayed in sheldon guest house the day b4 and had all these things.
BRING YOUR OWN TEA FOLKS LETS HOPE THERES A KETTLE LOL

Also parking is extra its showing at £7 a day so thats another £30 to the bill its more if you are not staying in hotel - there seems to be a lot of complaints about the restaurant being small and the staff in it unable to communicate very well and that if you order say a bottle of wine with your meal or a drink you get charged for them to bring it, thats how ive read it anyway - I dont think there late bar wil lbe getting many customers..
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:56 am

You can refuse to pay service charges anyway, it is not a legal obligation. Lets not let this put a damper on the weekend. We will have to wait until we get there, quite a few of the reviews were positive except for the beer prices. We will have to make up for the drinking on our next browser event.

This is my number if you want to text me about the prices so that I know whether to bring a de fib machine lol 07905097683. Might go and buy one of those travel kettles.
Back to top Go down

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:56 pm

It may not be a bad as the revews they may have been at a peak time or something and yes there was a lot of good reviews as well Smile I am sure we be fine, you can only spend what you have in your purse anyways Smile x I looked at the rooms and its says there is tea making facilities so should be ok - i am gonna bring a few tea bags and some instant chocolate cos sometimes you only get a few and i am a coffee addict Smile

If a drink works out to about £6 like for a pint then when you take the 20% off its like £4.80 which I dont think is that much more than a pub? well a trendy pub up this way soooo I may have pints haha -

Its not really put a dampner on things can still have lots of fun without being sloozled Smile xx see ya ll there Smile
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Also please note when you arrive in your car do not pay at the machines or it will cost you £25 a day wait till your checked in and its then £7 a day lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:42 pm

thx paul Smile - can you get in the car park or do you have to go check in and get it sorted before driving in it??
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:43 pm

michellep wrote:
thx paul Smile - can you get in the car park or do you have to go check in and get it sorted before driving in it??

they told me to just park up then checkin then the car is covered lol
Back to top Go down

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:52 pm

thanks Paul Smile didnt wanna get clamped hehe but im sure if they know your staying they would declamp haha
Back to top Go down
viva ronnie c
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
viva ronnie c

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:55 am

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186402-d211158-r91281929-Hilton_Birmingham_Metropole-Birmingham_West_Midlands_England.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

heres the link to the reviews of the hotel from trip advisor .
overpriced drinks are a topic .

for me in dawns bag will be a bottle of JD and for the lady a bottle of vodka me thinks
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Well I have a big bottle of Vodkat Im gonna take with me and have a smaller bottle to pour it into each night. No way we can pay them prices.

Also just a big note about car parking - do not pay at the car park machines! Go inside to reception where you should get it for £7 otherwise your looking at £25 a day! affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:05 pm

I just found quite a large bottl of pernod unopened woohooo didnt realise i had that me and eddie will be ok Smile
Back to top Go down

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:09 pm

i just took my car for a service and it wa making a rattly noise and the breaks squeaky ummmmmm so far £500 - what a way to start the new yeard I just pray that what they say they think it is causing it actually is it or else its hari kari for me!! now without car till next monday co at birmngham i feel like had me legs chopped off - what worries me is when the man said if your keeping it -have the break discs done as well, maybe he thinks it aint worth keeping lol - cant grumble really tho co though had it from new never had to spend anything on it apart from an exhaust pipe and services sooooooo if it egts fixd and goes ok for the £500 considering its now 7 yrs old and i use it everyday not done bad -- lol at time like this i think why couldnt chris have been a mechanic!! hehe
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Really annoys me that if its worth doing or if your having it done , the thing is what sort of a car could you buy for £700 if you have maintained your car then for me its better the devil you know.

Lol Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:22 pm

yes so true Paul, its not been a bad little car its rattling bad see i dont hear it cos i have the radio on in it but its been running a bit sluggish lately, Cris left his lights on and got a flat battery so i gave him a jump start and was only when he said mich that engine sounds bad i realised - they said they think its timing belt, which i think is cam belt - well that has been changed after the first year i had it (Cos i wa dating a mechanic back then haha) but its done 50,000 miles since then and i am stop start in it getting to work so it could do with changing - I am actually pleaed cos had that broken it would have been worse, and i know they have to be changed periodically - breaks needed doing tho he says front ones i feel liek the squeak is coming from the back but im sure they have checked they aint a bad garage really hes estimated £170 for the cam belt, £120 for the breaks its about £100 for small service but what really pisses me off thats £400 and I will be paying flipping almost £100 on top for VAT @ 20% Sad - me lil hunk of burning love has said dont worry he will write me cheque for it - hes so lovely buttttttt I am an independant person and I wont take it soo am gonan scrimp for next few months even more than normal hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bar Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar Prices   Bar Prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bar Prices
Page 1 of 1