WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Empty
PostSubject: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Thought it may be nice to take an in depth look at Elvis' movies. They are often seen as being lack lustre and producing poor soundtracks - I think thats not always the case - there were some great songs from the movies and although some of the storylines were a bit samey towards the end ome had very good story lines and some famous co stars.. Thought I would go in alphabetical order and maybe look at one per week Smile please feel free to comment on your thougths about the movie, soundtrack, storyline etc.. and wether you enjoy watching it Smile

BLUE HAWAII - 1961

Soundtrack
Blue Hawaii
Almost Always True
Aloha Oe
No More
Can't Help Falling In Love
Rock-A-Hula Baby
Moonlight Swim
Ku-U-I-Po
Ito Eats
Slicin' Sand
Hawaiian Sunset
Beach Boy Blues
Island Of Love
Hawaiian Wedding Song
Steppin' Out Of Line (Cut)

Cast
Elvis - Chad Gates,
Joan Blackman - Maile Duval,
Angela Lansbury - Sarah Lee Gates,
Nancy Walters - Abigail Prentice,
Roland Winters - Fred Gates,
John Archer - Jack Kelman,
Howard McNear - Mr. Chapman,
Steve Brodie- Tucker Garvey,

Blue Hawaii wa Elvis' 8th Movie It was filmed on the tropical hawaiin islands of Oahu and Kauai.
'Blue Hawaii' was Elvis' biggest commercial success. With 14 songs, more than any other Elvis film, the soundtrack album spent a total of 79 weeks on Billboard's pop album chart, with 20 of those weeks at #1.
It was elvis' most sucessful film of his career

Elvis stars as Chad Gates, whose wealthy family owns a successful pineapple plantation in Hawaii, At the beginning of the film, Chad has just returned from the Army, and his family is eager for him to pursue the family business. Instead, Chad lands a job as a guide in the tourist agency where girlfriend Maile, played by Joan Blackman, also works. His new vocation not only allows him to use his knowledge of the Islands' most beautiful sites but also affords him enough time to cavort on the beach with his native Hawaiian buddies. Tension mounts as Chad's blue-blooded mother, played by Angela Lansbury, objects to his job, his girlfriend, and his beach-loving friends. Chad eventually proves a success in the tourist business, and he finally wins the approval of his family by marrying Maile and making plans to open his own tourist agency.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:39 pm

ahhh ETAs how many of the above songs do you perform in your shows Smile just out of interest Smile

I can speak for Chris and hope I get this right hehe

Blue hawaii
No More
Can't Help Falling In Love
Rock-A-Hula Baby
Slicing Sand
Ku-U-I-Po
Hawaiian Wedding Song

Some reall y nice songs in that movie I think, I like Almost always true its jolly and just ahs a nice feel good factor about it - I liked the movie can remember watching it loads when i was younger, do you remember every 6 weeks holiday all the elvis movies would be on tv Smile I like the story line, bit of comedy bit of romance - I think its an overall good film, Not my fave Elvis film but still a good one Smile

Back to top Go down
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm

has to be one of his best. ok never ocsar winning or anything like that but a good fun feel factor film. great setting and location and i agree he did do some great songs in some of the films i think maybe these sometimes get over looked. great sound track with this film and we had Hawaiian Wedding Song played just after we got married. also i like beach boy blues.

the songs i perform at the moment are Rock a hula, slicin sand, Ku u I Po, Cant help falling in love and i will be singing Hawaiian Wedding Song at someones wedding as requested in September.

what amazes me is the fact that Angela Lansbury (in 1960 bare in mind) played his mother and still seems to be going strong now my god how old is this woman she must be a hundred or something lol

look forward to giving my 10 penys worth on the next film thanks Michelle

Jase
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Thanks jase Smile - Beach Boy Blues is a good song Smile my friend who is not really an elvis fans fave song of Elvis of all the ones he did is KUIPO - good luck with the Hawaian wedding song @ the wedding Smile have to make sure you have a nice garland to give the bride n groom Smile thanks for sharing your thoughts on the movie Smile
Back to top Go down
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:03 pm

lol she's only ten years older than Elvis...
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnyking.net

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:11 pm

he looks marvelous dont she - she never seems to change Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:12 pm

he = she Angela Landsbury
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Some great songs came out of the movies. Wouldnt have minded being in Hawaii bet it was brilliant on the set.
Back to top Go down
Sharrie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sharrie

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:23 am

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
Some great songs came out of the movies. Wouldnt have minded being in Hawaii bet it was brilliant on the set.

yeah, me too. I would love to have been his surf board!
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Sharrie wrote:
val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:

yeah, me too. I would love to have been his surf board!

Wouldnt have minded being the surf board Cheesey Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:31 pm

ywo too can be his surf board - i will be his towel Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies   BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLUE HAWAII - Elvis @ The Movies
Page 1 of 1