WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Memory Records Back In Business

Go down 
AuthorMessage
danusia
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
danusia

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Memory Records Back In Business Empty
PostSubject: Memory Records Back In Business   Memory Records Back In Business Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Memory Records will soon release two new CDs:

Burst Of Fire
As recorded live in Las Vegas, NV, at the Hilton Hotel Showroom, August 25th, 1973 Dinner show.
The first CD is called "BURST OF FIRE" (CD MR 2060-2) and is a solid Las Vegas show with a strong setlist. Among the highlights are "Bridge Over Troubled Water", "Release Me" and "An American Trilogy". Lisa Marie was in the audience and Elvis sings "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" for her.
This recording was taken from a 1st generation copy of the original audience recorded tape. For the majority of collectors this will be a new, previously unknown show, coming from a recently found cassette! The CD booklet will contain a collection of August/September 1973 photos and liner notes.

Tracks:
01. Also Sprach Zarathustra, 02. C. C. Rider, 03. I Got A Woman / Amen, 04. Love Me, 05. Steamroller Blues, 06. You Gave Me A Mountain, 07. Blue Suede Shoes, 08. Rock medley: Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On / Mama Can't Dance / Jailhouse Rock / Hound Dog, 09. Love Me Tender, 10. Fever, 11. Bridge Over Troubled Water, 12. Suspicious Minds, 13. Band Introductions, 14. Release Me, 15. Medley: Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel, 16. An American Trilogy, 17. A Big Hunk O'Love, 18. Heartbreak Hotel (incomplete), 19. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (incomplete), 20. Can't Help Falling In Love, 21. Closing Vamp.
Running time: 52:22

Elvis At Bay
As recorded live in St. Petersburg, FL, at the Bayfront Center, September 3rd, 1976.
The second CD is titled "ELVIS AT BAY" (CD MR 2061-2) and dates from a rather uneven Elvis tour. Nevertheless, the last few shows were of a solid standard, compared with the first ones in Houston, San Antonio & Macon. The Bayfront Center performance is one of finest shows of the tour. Elvis is focused, his voice is strong, he’s giving good versions of songs like "And I Love You So", "America", "Polk Salad Annie" & "Hurt". He is also in an exceptionally good mood, joking with Charlie ("I guess they understand how lonely Charlie's been...") and with the audience ("What do you think? I'm the Pope and I'm gonna bless you? No way.")

This recording was taken directly from the original tape obtained from the person who recorded the show. His own memories of the show are presented inside the booklet. All accompanying photographs were taken in St. Petersburg, September 3, 1976.
Tracks:
01. Also Sprach Zarathustra, 02. C. C. Rider, 03. Medley: I Got A Woman / Amen, 04. Love Me, 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know), 06. You Gave Me A Mountain, 07. And I Love You So, 08. Jailhouse Rock, 09. Help Me, 10. All Shook Up, 11. Medley: Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel, 12. America The Beautiful (with reprise), 13. Polk Salad Annie, 14. Band Introductions, 15. Early Morning Rain, 16. What'd I Say, 17. Johnny B. Goode, 18. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt), 19. Bass Solo (Jerry Scheff), 20. Piano Solo (Tony Brown), 21. Electric Piano Solo (David Briggs), 22. Love Letters, 23. School Day, 24. Hurt, 25. Hound Dog, 26. Funny How Time Slips Away, 27. Medley: Mystery Train / Tiger Man, 28. Can't Help Falling In Love, 29. Closing Vamp / Announcements.
Running time: 68:41

Source: For CD Collectors Only / Updated: Feb 24, 2011Give Your Opinion
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1