WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help Lewis Walk Charity night.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Empty
PostSubject: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Just to let you know I have had a phone call from the pub. They are donating 2 football memoribilia items, one from City and one from Man U. This is fantastic, so Garry you better get you cheque book out if you want the Man U one.

Is it alright if I just mention something on facebook like 'Coming soon for the HelplewisWalk appeal' Elvis night, 4th June in Eccles. Tickets and information available soon'.

Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Sounds good to me. One thing thow, can you fill me in on this coz I dont really know about the Elvis nite. Sorry Sad
Sounds good thow, you know we will be there and support you every step of the way Thumbs
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Lorna wrote:
Sounds good to me. One thing thow, can you fill me in on this coz I dont really know about the Elvis nite. Sorry Sad
Sounds good thow, you know we will be there and support you every step of the way Thumbs
you better had be as paul's on the bill lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Asked Paul before I wrote this, he said 'uh I dont no'. Just said, Garry said ur on the bill, 'Uh yeh the one in June?' Div! Have you guys got any details or wats happenin so far as I give up askin monkey boy lol
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:26 pm

val has most of the details at the mo i.e. venue, cause
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:38 pm

Dont ask me, I just booked the venue scratch The most inportant bit is that last orders is 11.45pm. The venue holds 130 seated comfy but if people stand, it will hold about 200. There is a stage, it is the venue Kirk Creaole uses a lot. They have given us the room for free and some auction prizes, 100% of the proceeds to go to the appeal. Probably be on the same line as Carmels, with raffle tickets etc.

Just wondering, shall I put my telephone number, Lewis mam;s number and the pub number on for tickets, what do you think. Would like you input Lorna, as I dont know what else to do now. As far as I am aware it is going to be the Legends show but if someone could confir then I can make a start on posters etc (dont know what they will be like). The charity will print the posters and the tickets. Would it be better to go for 150 for the tickets and see how they are going. It is in Eccles, so not far from my house. What price do you all think £6.00.

Can I put something on facebook, gives people time to start knowing about it.
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:52 pm

i think £6 is good also 150 tickets. as for the night im easy either a legends show like before (which i tend to find sells more intrest) or a night with the king & it also depends on what ronnie & paul want to do
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Will let you all decide on that one. Umm, a night with the king, I wish Cheesey Smile
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Going to put something on facebook so that everyone can get the dates in there diaries.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Lets do the Legends show lol it always goes down well i'll do Billy Fury as usual if thats ok
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:39 pm

More than fine by me cheers Forgot to tell you, one of the landlords raised £300 by have is back, sack and crack waxed in the pub. Any offers to do it Razz Umm, might put that as part of the deal Razz
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:46 pm

hhmmm well if your offering val thats mighty good of ya
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:56 pm

I would off, but I dont have a sack Very Happy , got rid of that years ago lol!
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:30 pm

Sounds absolutely great Val. You got the main big things done (1) Acts (2) Venue (3) Price of tickets.
Im not dead good or nothin but if you want me to design some posters and tickets, I can no probs or at least give ya some ideas.

Also you need to get the press behind you. If Garry doesnt mind, you could both do an interview and the press could take a piccy of Garry in his suit or you could always submit one - Garrys avatar one would be great. Now I know this can be a touchy subject but as Paul said, you need somet to catch the readers eye. It really worked for us.

Also I plastered it all over facebook and it is amazing how many local advertising sites let you put things up. I just googled them and stuck the gig deals everywhere, even gumtree! Lol!

Then when you are around town etc, you could ask if any of the shops would mind if you put a poster in their window. Garry, you might know some places near you too and Ronnie. We would as I am sure would Pete but think we might be a tiny bit too far away lol! Could always ask my mum thow as am sure some peeps would travel from Skem.

Anything else I can think of I will post here. Let me know what I can do Val and I will go for it. You av always been 100% beind all of us and Im made up we now have a chance to do the same for you x

Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:39 pm

I will have a go at the poster and show it to you and see what you think. Will have to leave a bit of space for the charity to put there information in. The only package I have is powerpoint or word. Should it be in jpeg (I dont even know what it is geek). Thank you Lorna for your help, will have a look at the sites to put it up once we have done the poster. Might even stick one on my back window.

I can put one up where I now work, it has over 4000 staff as it is the hospital. Will get some people to put it in there staff rooms. I know old work colleagues are coming, not many but it is a start.

Trying to word something for Facebook, just so people know a event has been arranged.

Coming soon, for the Help Lewis Walk Appeal. Legends show with Garry John as Elvis, Paul B as Billy Frury. Hits from the decades from Ronnie C. The date Saturday 4th June 11, tickets avaiable soon.

If Frury, spelt Fury. Took a picture of the statue in Liverpool the other day, have it on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Fab Val, that wordin sounds ace!
If you need paintshop pro I downloaded mind for free. Paul can help ya do this if ya get stuck (I did) lol! Just let me know if ya need me to do anyfin, I am at your disposal Very Happy

Ah glad you got to see the Billy statue. It is Fury by the way. Lol I remember when I called him Billy Furry and put it out all over the net! Embarassed Cheesey Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Will put it on facebook. Thats what made me think when I was typing it, would have been better is his name was Billy Smith. I can spell that. Will also let Ann know (Lewis's mam), that we are doing a legends show. She can then update the website as they have a list of upcoming events. She has the date on but only Elvis tribute night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Lewis Walk Charity night.   Help Lewis Walk Charity night. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Lewis Walk Charity night.
Page 1 of 1