WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Baby, Let's Play House

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Baby, Let's Play House Empty
PostSubject: Baby, Let's Play House   Baby, Let's Play House Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:33 am

Baby, Let's Play House Book_nash_babyhouse

Book Description
Nearly thirty-three years after his death, Elvis Presley's extraordinary physical appeal, timeless music, and sexual charisma continue to captivate, titillate, and excite. Though hundreds of books have been written about the King, no book has solely explored his relationships with women and how they influenced his music and life—until now.

Based largely on exclusive interviews with the many women who knew him in various roles—lover, sweetheart, friend, costar, and family member—Baby, Let's Play House explores Presley's love affairs with, among others, Ann-Margret, Linda Thompson, Sheila Ryan Caan, June Juanico, Joyce Bova, Barbara Leigh, Cybill Shepherd, and Priscilla Beaulieu, as well as his friendships with actresses Raquel Welch, Barbara Eden, Mary Ann Mobley, Yvonne Craig, and Celeste Yarnall.

The book also spotlights important early girlfriends and the women who dared to turn him down, including Cher, Petula Clark, and Karen Carpenter, as well as two women—Kay Wheeler and Tura Satana—who taught him dance moves he used onstage.

Baby, Let's Play House, named after the 1955 song that was his first to hit the national charts and his mother's favorite Elvis recording, presents Elvis in a new light—as a charming but wounded Lothario who bedded scores of women but seemed unable to maintain a lasting romantic relationship. While fully exploring the most famous romantic idol of the twentieth century, award-winning veteran music journalist Alanna Nash pulls back the covers on what Elvis really wanted in a woman—and was tragically never able to find.

Has anyone read this and if so would you recommend or not????
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Baby, Let's Play House   Baby, Let's Play House Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:38 am

The reason I ask is because I am curious about Elvis and his private life. We hear many things from the men who had met Elvis and their take on events that happened in his life but its not so often you hear from the females. Apart from Priscilla of course. I would be really interested, as a woman, to know how his female co-stars and girlfriends and women close to him in general perceived him. Was hoping this book would give me a bit of an incite into this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby, Let's Play House   Baby, Let's Play House Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:07 am

Very Happy Lorna, YOU just want to know if you have a mention in it ..don't ya..?? LOL..come on spill the beans .ha ha ha.
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Baby, Let's Play House   Baby, Let's Play House Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:54 pm

All us browser ladies have a mention Razz
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Baby, Let's Play House   Baby, Let's Play House Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Of course I will be in the book Pete Razz This is me again with Elvis in the mid 70's lol! lol! lol!

Baby, Let's Play House 221881_10150171123887836_722202835_6737880_1877470_n

I defo goin to have to get the book now, to make sure I am in the book and miss kinky boots study boots Cheer yey
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Baby, Let's Play House   Baby, Let's Play House Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:53 am

Your doing well Lorna, you have aged a bit. Must be all that Oil of Ulay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby, Let's Play House   Baby, Let's Play House Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby, Let's Play House
Page 1 of 1