WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael king (review) at the venue cymru

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Michael king (review) at the venue cymru   Empty
PostSubject: Michael king (review) at the venue cymru    Michael king (review) at the venue cymru   Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi gang, went to see michael king along with red alert & mills n boon last night in llandudno.
Not worthy Not worthy what can i say Not worthy Not worthy unbelievablly electrifyingly awsome. as per usual all the gang was on top form & michael had everybody rocking out there seats, the show kicked off at 7:30 as the lights went down, a spoken intro over dubbed by michael rang out around the theatre detailng the early life & rise of an icon..(the shivers kicking up my spine got me well n trully up for it by now) Hyper Hyper the curtain went up red alert kicked into gear & michael majestically appeared on stage to the tunes of viva las vegas dressed in the red speed way jacket & pants, all the 50's & early 60's movie hits quickly followed, songs such as treat me nice, party & marie's the name really had the audience going wild, after approx 40 mins michael left the stage to do a quick costume change while in the meantime we was treated to a version of never been to spain by the fabulous mills n boon then Red alert gave a rocking rendition of promised land.... Hyper Hyper then michael re-appeared in the 68 leathers & gyrating
to songs such as heartbreak hotel/hound dog/all shook up & little sister & memories, the crowd where just mesmerised then came the recreation of the impromtu sit down section of the 68 comeback where michael & the guys from red alert sat in a circle jamming away to tunes like baby what do you want me to do,trying to get to you & blue christmas to name but a few,,,,, Thumbs Thumbs with the first part of the show over there was barely time to catch your breath get a drink & re compose your self before Red alert started banging out the sounds of Also zarathrustra (space oddity 2001) then came the amazing mr king (cant believe after all these years he still manages to fit into that chain suit & still look so dammed good) belting out all the hits of the 70's all the songs you would expect & want to here where there for all to enjoy but also there where ones not that often heard which one of my favorites being the billy swan hit i can help... the evening was trully magical & michael & the rest of the gang really did create a fitting, perfect & respectful tribute Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy i would definatly recomend you fit this into your Elvis callendar & go whatch this show as its one not to be missed Trophey Trophey

FOR ME I KIND OF CAME FULL CIRCLE LAST NIGHT, CAUSE GROWING UP AS A KID I DID'NT LIKE ELVIS TRIBUTES I FOOLISHLY THOUGHT OF THEM AS DISREPECTFUL RIPOFFS No pale confused OH HOW WRONG WAS I confused pale No YOU SEE THE GUY THAT CHANGED MY MINDSET (& WAS THE FIRST PROPER ETA THAT I SAW DO A PROPER ELVIS SHOW, NOT YOUR CRAPPY PUB SINGER) & THIS IS THE GUY THAT MADE ME WANNA GET INTO THIS BUISNESS WAS MR MICHAEL KING Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy Not worthy MATE YOU WAS AWSOME LASTNIGHT
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Michael king (review) at the venue cymru    Michael king (review) at the venue cymru   Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Great Review Garry and glad you enjoyed the show as much as we did when we saw Michael. I'm hoping Micheal has some show coming up in the Yorkshire region cause its been like a year and a half since we saw him last. Thanks for posting Garry love reading reviews of our fellow ETA's cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Michael king (review) at the venue cymru    Michael king (review) at the venue cymru   Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Sounds like it was a fantastic night. Well done Michael, brilliant show as always. cheers
Back to top Go down
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Michael king (review) at the venue cymru    Michael king (review) at the venue cymru   Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks for an Excellent review Garry
Glad you enjoyed the Show
Well Done to Michael Thumbs Thumbs
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
michael king
Through Graceland Gates
Through Graceland Gates
michael king

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Michael king (review) at the venue cymru    Michael king (review) at the venue cymru   Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:22 am

Thank you so much Garry for the review. Glad you enjoyed the show, great seeing you both and i'm glad the fact that i'm just 'a big ole Elvis fan havin fun on stage' came to the fore, as that is pretty much all I have ever tried to do..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvismichaelking.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael king (review) at the venue cymru    Michael king (review) at the venue cymru   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael king (review) at the venue cymru
Page 1 of 1