WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?

Go down 
+4
LISA
Lorna
tutt
John Devil
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Empty
PostSubject: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Did anyone catch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section think its on again tonight but either i learnt allot last night or the presenter didnt know his elvis lol .

Did you know Elvis used to give all his fans a gold teddy bear with shades on and his close band members ? Did you know elvis always carried one on stage with him in his pocket ?

Did you know his daughter marie ? Did you know Elvis was actually called Elvin and alvis , Gerry schilling was called John schilling oh and not forget Mark lacker ? Oh and you know tom parker sold the sun deal to mgm ?

Oh and the best was the thomas kinkade painting of graceland he certainy was pauing attention to detail when he painted that .....

Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Graceland

The position of the drive , how many steps lol i couldnt possibly buy this cause its so wrong lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:10 pm

No we missed it sounds good ?? lol!
will try and see it tonight if its on affraid
did you bid for anything Paul or were things so bad ?? WHoops
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:15 pm

John Devil wrote:
No we missed it sounds good ?? lol!
will try and see it tonight if its on affraid
did you bid for anything Paul or were things so bad ?? WHoops

No i didnt bid on anything although i did like the watch they had lol , but i just looked on the net and the picture of graceland you can buy for something like 120 dollars , on bid the starting price was £999 cant remember the end price think it was around £400 lol
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:57 pm

There was complaints and a petition last year for him not for the same guy to do the auction. He is totally rubbish, not everyone knows everything but he should do some research before he does anything. Or at least the people who produce the programme should first. He is really upsetting a lot of fans.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:13 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
There was complaints and a petition last year for him not for the same guy to do the auction. He is totally rubbish, not everyone knows everything but he should do some research before he does anything. Or at least the people who produce the programme should first. He is really upsetting a lot of fans.

Would love a jumpsuit with pockets though for the gold teddy bear lol
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Love something with big pockets in to put the presenter in Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:06 pm

saw it last night OMG who is willy scott lol Elvis got married in 1962 lol and did you know Elvis wore a rine stone track suit at maddison , he was 17 in 1959,his 68 comeback was done by mgm the aloha concert was in 72 sam neil owned sun records loud's more but can't remember anymore lol
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:11 pm

yeh you are so right Pete. Forgot about Willy Scott! It was laughable. He just kept getting worse and worse. He is normally good. He was saying he had the full DVD series of Elvis's life and had watched them. Clearly not with the stuff he was comin out with. I think he was trying to remember facts but he should realise that the people bidding on stuff would know these things. Bizarre. Especially the Teddy Bear thing. He kept going on about how much Elvis adored teddy bears and kept the gold one with him all the time, either around his wrist or in a pocket. It was too ludicrous to take seriously. Very cringe-worthy!
He should have just kept to a few facts and just spoke about the product. They had 'Blueberry Hill' on in the back ground and he was like 'I could listen to him all night, sing it Elvis' but it WAS NOT even ELVIS singing, it was Fats Domino Rolling Eyes Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:29 pm

just remembered that's the way it was 1969

the last item for sale last night was a collection of stamps he got the dates totaly wrong he said the one was from 1970 and it had 1969 on it lol also the last stamp was supposed to be 1976 wrong again ,the portrait he claimed was from the maddison concert looked more like 68 comeback to me
Back to top Go down
John Devil
John Devil

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 pm

What a Knob this Guy is
Were did he do his research
" The Beano "
affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

Number of posts : 2545
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:41 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...i think the thing is about this guy is he really really loves Elvis...i watched the show last year too, but apart from that i never watch. how many of us on here post silly stupid spelling mistakes...cos im doing it all the time...its a live show and i think he gets very nervous, i dont think he was reading from one of those thingy ma jigs...i think he was just talking, and so he made mistakes as he went and as the show was live he couldnt correct them...i thought it was good and i liked the things they had.
Back to top Go down
tutt
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
tutt

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 pm

& he kept calling 'Kid Galahad' 'Kid Callahan' what a idiot..he said he was a big Elvis fan but he cocked loads of things up, they had a crystal knecklace with Elvis wearing his Aloha suit obviously taken from 'Aloha From Hawaii' & they tried to blend Elvis singing live from the concert in with the knecklace..but the footage was from 'TTWII' with his Concho suit on..unbelievable..whoever put that show together was a complete amateur in my book..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rick.laws.31
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 3:06 pm

well yes...nothing went together at all...i think perhaps he put it together himself-cos they really needed a better producer than that-so yeah the music and vid clips dissapoined...but maybe fromhome shopping view...they did a good job...i mean they-ho sold his Elvis items etc.
Back to top Go down
tutt
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
tutt

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Sophie wrote:
well yes...nothing went together at all...i think perhaps he put it together himself-cos they really needed a better producer than that-so yeah the music and vid clips dissapoined...but maybe fromhome shopping view...they did a good job...i mean they-ho sold his Elvis items etc.

Yeah Sophie there was some great products on offer & i think all of them sold out so it was good too see that they all sold..not knocking the products they were all fab stuff..
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:55 pm

sometimes its quite nice that they do a show like that...even with all the mistakes-Jason Presley?-its nice because it wasnt all sell sell sell.
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:03 pm

A complaint has gone into Bid TV, they should reply to me within 7 days. The apologied that we were disappointed but never said what they are going to do about it. We will wait and see.
Back to top Go down
tutt
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
tutt

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:52 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
A complaint has gone into Bid TV, they should reply to me within 7 days. The apologied that we were disappointed but never said what they are going to do about it. We will wait and see.

Not a lot they can do i don't think Val, apart from probably apologe on air at some point..as the programme as gone out & the mistakes were there for all to see & listen too..can't turn the clock back but a apology would be nice..
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 pm

All your going to do is make the man feel really embarrased-unless you tried to buy something and couldnt i dont see how they can say sorry-its a bit harsh.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:50 am

I disagree. I think they should know about the blunders. I do feel for the guy but he should have been given the right information. I must admit it did make me a lil upset that he was saying Elvis carried this bear around with him. You could get lil old grannies sayin 'ooh look at my teddy bear necklace, Elvis wore one in his pocket all of his life' whilst people laugh at her behind her back. I didnt like it and although I do like the presenter and think he did try to make an effort, he should not have mis-sold the item and he should have been given proper information. Its shoddy, plain and simple. If they were not made aware of this then they wouldnt learn from their mistakes. Some might not feel strongly about it but others, not just on here but I bet around the country felt the same way or have blimin wrong facts now. Bid TV need to know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:21 am

He did the same thing last year-but i only watched a bit of it...i know an actor who was really confidant but he had to do a live tv show once-and had the most terrible panic attack-its hard with it being live, you cant correct your mistakes, and as ive said i think the presenter was just talking as he went along with the show. Ahhhhhhhhh...the poor bloke.
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:06 pm

I have no sympathy for the show and presenter as he does it every year, twice a year. Considering he is a Elvis fan he should know at least little bits of information from doing research for when he does the show. They are only embarrassing themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 pm

this guy knew in advance that he was doing the show and what he was selling he should have done his homework i think some of the items may have been miss sold what with him giving the wrong imformation so a legal issue could come to light
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:25 am

I hope it doesnt go that far...its home shopping-not a great piece of Elvis tv.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:54 am

Sophie wrote:
I hope it doesnt go that far...its home shopping-not a great piece of Elvis tv.

I think you miss the point Sophie , take the bear for instance apparently Elvis couldnt preform without it he had it in his pocket (no jumpsuit exists with pockets) , he gave them to fans and band members , no he didnt he gave out tcb's to band members and friends.

Now imagine your a Elvis fan very much like myself in the beginning i bought the records (big black cd's) and i played and played them , i knew nothing about the man behind the music all i knew was i loved his music. Now imagine someone in the same position tuning into bid tv and hearing all the false things like the gold teddy necklace as a fan been told how special it was to elvis i would want to own it. Imagine the fan then going to a elvis convention so proud of there purchace and telling elvis fans in the know , not only would they be the laughing stock but imagine there disappointing feelings ?

The above story i can relate to as many elvis fans could, on the 25th anniversary of elvis passing i was lucky enough to go to memphis for the first time , hearing the story of the tcb necklace from a newly formed fanclub i had joined and hearing all the stories the first thing i wanted to buy when i arrived in memphis was the TCB Necklace and indeed was the first thing i bought , its such a special item to me and goes to all the elvis events , its even been on elvis's grave not only at graceland but also forest hill. Now imagine the way i have described it i then later found out all the stories was rubbish and elvis didnt have the tcb i would be gutted and feel like i had been ripped off.

Many people take there Elvis collections seriously and the likes of Bid Tv need to get there facts right before selling Elvis or any memorabilia for that matter.

This is my own opinion but believe many elvis collectors feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Sophie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sophie

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:03 pm

I know...and i do see that. i dont watch much home shopping and i guess to me all they want to do is sell their stuff. i guess if anything i found it amusing that he made so many simple mistakes-but i did feel for him with it being live. Im gathering the presenter gathered the info about Elvis himself...otherwise he would have corrected it. if im honest i hate home shopping...i find it tacky n well id just rather see what i was buying before i bought it. in america they sue the pants off him for wrongful information-but i hope it doesnt come to that really-i know he got things wrong but it wasnt that bad. ( dont shout!) also i didnt see it all so i propbably missed most of the maistakes-he did the same last year lol. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?   Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did anyone watch Bid Tv last night for the elvis section ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next