WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who was your first ETA?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Who was your first ETA? Empty
PostSubject: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Who was the first ETA you saw. I say someone over 20 years agon at a campsite in Wales, not sure of his name. I did enjoy his show, will find the picture of him and load it up and see if anyone recognises him.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 pm

I can't remember the one i saw either but it was in a country pub i remember the ladies getting excited but i also remember his reaction like i'm Elvis you can't touch me and he shunned women away and i just thought Elvis wouldnt do this lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081

PostSubject: Re: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:16 am

I was spoilt as the first time I saw ETAs was at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool. I know Michael King was amongst them but there were quiet a few, would love to know who they all were. I was hooked after that x
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi Lorna

The first Elvis Experience in 2002 at the Winter Gardens had, Michael King, Mark Leen, and Johnny Earl,performing on the main stage and Louis Rockafella during the day in the side room.
I also co-produced the event and did the music and late Disco as well.
The following year 2003, 2 American ETA's performed Jim Barone and Irv Cass, I also did the disco again.

It is interesting to note how far we have come in those 10 years as these events were the real start of the larger scale ETA shows and events with January 2004 being the first Walk a Golden Mile conteat at the Queens Hotel, and look how many contest and shows now take place and how the UK ETA's have gone on to great things here and in the US, who knows what the next 10 years will bring !.
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Paul you don't look any older or are you still using the same profile picture lmao xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:50 pm

My first main event was at winter gardens. You never know Lorna we could have boogied together on the dancefloor without even knowing it. I have a picture of my son Michael when he was little (he is now 21) dressed in a Jailhouse Rock Uniform with Michael King.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Oh wow! Thanks for that Paul! We had an amazing time. Cant believe it was so long ago. I think I can remember pestering you at the DJ stand Embarassed Razz

Ah Val we prob were! The year after we stayed for the full weekend, just me, my mum and little sis when Irv Cass and Jim Barone where there. On of the best weekends EVER! Met some fantastic ETAs. Brings back some great memories.

I actually won a VIP ticket to the Sunday event from Sonny West, when we were at the 'thats alright mama' event at the Queens in Blackpool earlier in the year, which was handy as we dnt have tickets for that day.

We went to all the heats at the Queens but couldnt actually make the final (gutted). Never missed it again, I dont think. Hehe. Oooh looking forward to Jan now!!!
Back to top Go down
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

PostSubject: Re: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

We went the year I think it was David Stanley there.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:24 am

Yep remember him being there too. Ah how would have thought it x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who was your first ETA?   Who was your first ETA? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who was your first ETA?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK :: General Chat-
Jump to: