WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Country Legends Tribute

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Country Legends Tribute Empty
PostSubject: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:21 pm

ElvisEntertainer.com Presents
A Country Legends Tribute
& Veterans Benefit

Starring
Steven Ross Jahn as Toby Keith
Sherryl Stitz as Patsy Cline
Matt King as Elvis

Where: Mason VFW Mason, Mi
Date: Saturday April 25, 2009
Time: 7pm Doors Open 8pm Showtime
For Tickets ($20 Adults $10 Children)
Call Sandy (517)676-1721

This is a NO Smoking Event
There will be food and drinks for purchase.
All proceeds to benefit the VFW and its programs
This is a Men’s Auxiliary Sponsored Event
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Charmaine do you mean you still can smoke at some of the events in the USA and Canada so your country has not gone smoke free yet?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
TimDudleyETA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TimDudleyETA

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:46 pm

hey TCB,

Most of the state here in public are Non-Smoking now. They are even thinkin' of taking smoke out of bars too.

For me I like no-smoking shows too because smoke does bother the lungs and diafram to belt out the power notes. Plus smoke drys my eyes out so bad take me 2 days just get over red eye.

your friend,
Tim
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/timdudleyelvistribute
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

PostSubject: Re: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:59 pm

TCBinaflash wrote:
Charmaine do you mean you still can smoke at some of the events in the USA and Canada so your country has not gone smoke free yet?? Very Happy

Read above Mark

"This is a NO smoking Event!

Most as in 90% of Canada has part of Smoke Free Act Program...

Charmaine
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks Tim for the info as we in the UK are smoke free now and no smoking in any bars ,hotels,cars,trucks anywhere with a roof that is enclosed to be honest so i just wondred if you was the same to be honest since they banned smoking in pubs at least 50 pubs a week are closing down Thanks again Tim. and Charmaine i did read above i think you mis-read my question im not stupid
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:34 pm

I smoke myself too, but here in Norway you are not allowed to smoke anywhere neighter.
It dosnt botter me at all to smoke outside.
As a matter of facked i thought youre whole clothing would smell if you would go out in pubs in Holland (they chainge the law sins last summer too there).
And Johnny has the same problem as you Tim, he dont smoke and cant stand smoking inviermends, so i smoke outsite the home too.
When we where in Alabama you had to go outsite too, to smoke.
In Holland they had the same problem, Mark, there where a lot of bars closing up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

PostSubject: Re: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:45 pm

My apologies there Mark... !!! Embarassed Embarassed

I cannot believe they have stopped smoking in one's own vehicle in the UK...hmmm (that is almost an invasion of one's privacy). As far as I am aware Mark, the smoking ban here in Canada has not gotten as far as one's own vehicle at least completely.

When it comes to smoking in one's own vehicle, the only time a police is stopping it.

i.e. If a cop happen's to drive by a vehicle, they are making the habit of looking in the vehicle to see if there are any minors in the vehicle (below the allowable smoking age) and if Yes. People will be fined for smoking in their vehicles with minors in the vehicle. Can you believe this??

However, they do have a law, whereas you are not permitted to smoke outside our apartment building within so many feet of the front doors. Not sure of the exact number of feet or metres. hmmmm

Yes in Toronto and locally here, we have very, very few bars open. Night life is very, very quickly becoming obsolete. In fact, even the legions have banned smoking, they have to go outside.

Next they are gonna ban people from smoking in their own homes - BUT I have to wonder, how can they ban a person from ever smoking in their own homes though - this will be a impossibility??? What do others think?

Charmaine affraid Embarassed
Back to top Go down
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

PostSubject: Re: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:50 pm

>>And Johnny has the same problem as you Tim, he dont smoke and cant stand smoking inviermends, so i smoke outsite the home too.

This is very good that you are respectful of your husband being a non smoker and that you smoke outside of the home Essie.
You see, I am a non smoker.
I have only been married to my husband now 3 years January.

Previous to our getting married he would go outside and smoke, but now that we are married - my apartment is now our matrimonial home he
has chosen to now smoke inside.. Sad

I hate the smell of the smoke in my home.. he is not exactly a light smoker either. Goes thru a pack a day..
So what I have done, is go to a Dollar store and bye perfumes/colognes for $1.00 and every time he lights up I spray the bottle to get ride of the most horrible smell of smoke in our home.

On top of that it causes for me to cough as I have asthma...

My trying to get him to go outside again and talking with him over and over again about it - and how much I dislike the smell, and
how I have gone most of my life not having smokers in my home -

It only angers him and makes him feel like he is being controlled over what he can do in his own home. So I have given up.

KUDOS to you for having respect for your husband Essie!

Huuugs Charmaine
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:58 pm

Well, if it makes my husband sick, that i smoke, i just think it is very normall to respect eachother, aspecialy if it conserns the health!
That would be kinda selfish i think, and to me it is just a little afford to do.
If you get sick of it he just shouldnt do it.

O, and i never smoked in my car befor neighter, even not befor i met Johnny. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Country Legends Tribute   Country Legends Tribute Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Country Legends Tribute
Page 1 of 1