WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)

Go down 
+3
Malcolm King
jason
MichaelAMemphis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Empty
PostSubject: Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)   Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:20 am

Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) only one way to find out FIGHT!!!

Hi guys, In your opinion which event do you prefere out of Blackpool and Porthcawl and how do the two compare for you. Ive only been to the Blackpool one in Jan. I would like to know a little more of the Porthcawl Elvis week . I have seen some clips of it on you tube and i have to say the atmosphere does look awesome. What I didn't understand first of all was that it wasn't held at just one place Like Blackpool but all different venues all around the town. Also how do you decide where to go and what ones to go to etc?

thanks ,,,Jase
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)   Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:56 am

I`ve only been to Blackpool Jason, and that was before I was working as an ETA.

Don`t know if u will get many answers on this with the Blackpool comp being next in line - ppl might not want to mess up thier chances Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
jason
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
jason

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)   Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi Mike,

yeah I see what your saying bud . maybe i used the wrong words with which is better cause there proberbly both good in there own way . I just wanted some idea of how Porthcawl works and how it differs from Blackpool. Also how do you get into the contest do you have to go through heats through the year to get into it . And where would the best places be to stay that kind of thing. I've never been to this part of the world so i know nothing about it what so ever.

cheers mate hope all is well ,,,, Jase
Back to top Go down
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)   Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Well I ain't been to Blackpool, but Porthcawl was great. When not performing I just loved catching the shows, enjoying the atmosphere and listening to Elvis songs all weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
lance
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
lance

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)   Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:54 pm

hi jason
havent been to blackpool myself bud hoping to go in january but
went to porthcawl it was fantastic.. like malc said when not performing..it was a pleasure meeting up with all the eta's..watching all the show's which were all very good .the atmosphere was great everyone had a good time..best of all ,elvis all weekend .what more can you want Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_lol me n the mrs have already booked for next year Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) 370249 cant wait !!!
LANCE
TCB
Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Rocking in Lauderdale
Rocking in Lauderdale
Michelle

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)   Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:53 pm

We have been to both and personally we prefer Porthcawl hands down . It is more relaxed than Blackpool, more family orientated, less tacky, and cleaner. There are a lot less egos walking around and let's face it Blackpool only really looks nice at night when it's dark and you are a bit squffy!!!!

If us fans were prepared to pay a bit more ...... then a festival could be held in beautiful Hampshire, Dorset or Cornwall in the summertime. Why do they all have to be in cold.... dead end places. What's next, Dagenham Elvis convention in February !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooooooh look forward to that one, not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a couple of weeks we are off to Hemsby but as per usual it will be freezing and dark. If the heavens open it will be muddy and a huge effort to get to the dance floor without getting blown away or soaked. Why not Bournemouth etc in July? Sunbathing and beach by day, Elvis by night.....heaven. It would never happen as prices would have to double and most fans would never pay it.

M xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.basingstokerocknroll.co.uk/
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)   Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:04 am

You can always come to Las Vegas next June
www.ultimateelvisexperience.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)   Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:52 am

i have been to both events (blackpool several times & 1 porthcawl festaval & 2 launch parties) & hands down it has to be blackpool every time the competition results might not always be agreeable but a far superior event over 60 quality E.T.A'S showcasing jamming in the bar till dawn lots of merchandise B&k costumes & jewellry &most inportantly ELVIS 24/3 & the legendary browser crew corner( wonder how many tables well need this year Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Lol Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Lol Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Lol ) all under 1 roof ( no need to go tramping all over a wind swept & wet town )

& if mr fox or mr king happen to read this right up i want a top 5 placing this year Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) 98246 Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) 98246 Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) 98246 im not greedy Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Lol Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)   Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackpool/porthcawl(which is better?)
Page 1 of 1