WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis the Movie

Go down 
+2
val w (Kinky Boots)
TCBDavid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:52 am

Was watching Elvis the movie with Kirt Russell. I alwasy thought some of the footage was filmed at Graceland. In the movie the staircase was curved but we know it is straight. Has the staircase been changed or was this just an inccuracy in the film
Back to top Go down
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:05 pm

its just one of many things wrong with the film
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Lots of mistakes in the film.

Kurt Russell did an 'ok' job portraying Elvis.

Its a good film bit not as great as it should have been.
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:13 am

i love Elvis the movie , i grew up watching it every other day when i was a kid , i remember thinking at the time though that i did'nt think Kurt Russell was that good , i did'nt like some of the faces he pulled , and thought his early Elvis look did'nt come near his late , 70's look , but , reflecting back , and thinking of all the other actors we have had playing Elvis over the years , Kurt was pretty darn good , and i have watched it again recently and think he played the part real well and for me probably the best that has played Elvis , the movie itself , it is what it is , not totally accurate sure , but i suppose it was only made a couple of years Elvis's death and some of the real details about his life had not come out then , what always got me was how Red West still looked the same in the 70's as when he was a 15 year old kid saving Elvis from a beating in the 50's Laughing i think it would be great to have a new film made , but i think it would concentrate on negatives more than the good
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
val w (Kinky Boots)
Top Mod Of The Week
Top Mod Of The Week
val w (Kinky Boots)

Number of posts : 4667
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:53 pm

I agree Eddie, I have always liked this film. It must have been really strange or an honar to put the suits on again for the 3000 miles to Graceland movie.
Back to top Go down
EDDIE P
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
EDDIE P

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:09 pm

val w (Kinky Boots) wrote:
I agree Eddie, I have always liked this film. It must have been really strange or an honar to put the suits on again for the 3000 miles to Graceland movie.

i loved the bit in 3000 miles to Graceland where Kurt Russell is dressed in the suit and he is spotted in the lift by a little kid and he looks at him as if to say don't i know you from somewhere as if refering to Elvis The Movie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.eddiepmemoriesshow.com
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Kurt Russell looks pretty good in 3000 miles but feel sorry for Kevin Costner. Bet he would have loved to have a proper quiff Elvis
Love Elvis the Movie. Always feel it could of gone on longer. Im just getting into it when he gets on stage and it finishes Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:29 pm

There are a few facts either stretched or dated wrong in the movie but all the same I love it, one of my faves, thought Kurt Russell was excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Its been played on Sky a few times recently and it is the best film of Elvis' life compared to others after.

I like the way that they end the film when he has just started his Vegas engagements in '69 and didnt cover the last year of Elvis' life.

Always wondered as well why they never used Graceland but did use it a few years later for This Is Elvis. scratch
Back to top Go down
LISA
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
LISA

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:37 pm

I remember seeing this film years ago...but cant really remember all events in the film (hazy)... im going to go buy it on ebay now as would like to see it again (not got sky) and was not on freeview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elvis the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis the Movie   Elvis the Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis the Movie
Page 1 of 1