WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

suit names

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

suit names Empty
PostSubject: suit names   suit names Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 pm

does anyone know how the fans naming of the jumpsuits came about..??? who actully named them..??? was there polls done on fansites/fanclubs etc..????? & who had the final says on the names..????

i know that the suits have names given to the by the designers but i mean the fans names

for instance:- red matador became the burning love suit
the pyramid became the maddison sq grdns suit ...... & so on

so as i said who re-named them answers on a postcard pls Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk
TCBDavid
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBDavid

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2010-01-25

suit names Empty
PostSubject: Re: suit names   suit names Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:17 pm

obviously the designers had there names for them but the fans didnt know them and often went by how they looked or where they appeared and they just kind of stuck i dont think there was a decision taken on what the fans would call them im just assuming it was whatever was more commonly used by the majority of them

for example
-the pyrmamid being called the madison square garden suit took this name becasue it appeared on the album cover of the album, he didnt actually wear it in any of his garden shows
- the blue firework suit became known as the owl suit because of the buckle on the belt
-the Egyptian pharaoh is known by some as the today suit again because it was on the album cover same with the lucky suit

etc
Back to top Go down

suit names
Page 1 of 1