WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"His Hand In Mine" CD reissue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

"His Hand In Mine" CD reissue Empty
PostSubject: "His Hand In Mine" CD reissue   "His Hand In Mine" CD reissue Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:29 am

"His Hand In Mine" CD reissue Cd_hhi10

"His Hand In Mine" CD reissue: On March 11, 2008 SONY / BMG will re-issue Elvis' gospel albums "His Hand In Mine", "How Great Thou Art" and "He Touched Me" with bonus tracks. This is the complete cover of the "His Hand In Mine" album.

All tracks of this album have been remastered from the original mono tapes according to the text on the back cover.

Product description: Elvis' million selling first gospel LP from 1960, His Hand In Mine represents one of the many proud moments of Elvis' career. His voice is stunningly beautiful in this tribute to his gospel heroes: The Blackwood Brothers, The Statesmen Quartet, and The Golden Gate Quartet. Includes bonus tracks from Elvis' platinum selling gospel debut EP Peace In The Valley from 1957.

His Hand In Mine Album Notes

Personnel: The Jordanaires (background vocals).

During his lifetime, Elvis Presley recorded three gospel albums and a four-song gospel EP. Presley's first full-length gospel album, HIS HAND IN MINE, sticks close to the quartet-style gospel singing Elvis loved as a youngster in Memphis. In fact, most of the arrangements on His Hand In Mine mimic arrangements used by two of Elvis' favorite groups, the Statesmen and the Memphis-based Blackwood Brothers.

The influence of such black gospel quartets as the Swan Silvertones and the Golden Gate Quartet, whom Elvis would have known through radio broadcasts, can also be heard on many numbers. As on all recordings inspired by the musical enthusiasm of his youth, Elvis shines on His Hand In Mine, singing with breathtaking passion and dexterity. The first twelve songs on this disc, all classics of the genre, constitute the album as it was originally released in 1960. RCA subsequently added three tracks to the CD: "It is No Secret," originally released on Elvis' 1957 Peace In The Valley EP; a 1967 recording of Rodgers and Hammerstein's "You'll Never Walk Alone"; and "Who Am I," recorded in 1969. (News, Source: CD Universe /Elvis News)
Back to top Go down

"His Hand In Mine" CD reissue
Page 1 of 1