WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
danusia
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
danusia

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2008-05-01

'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue Empty
PostSubject: 'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue   'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:05 pm

'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue Promobrightestftx1vz3

'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue: Fort Baxter/Gravelroad music will re-release an upgraded double CD set of the old bootleg 'The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard'. EIN has confirmed that this new 2CD set is genuinely taken from original DAT Fort Baxter tapes and not from a "dodgy" bootleg copy. The sound is a genuine upgrade.
From the publicity release: THE COMPLETE REHEARSAL TAPE OF JULY 24, 1970 at RCA STUDIOS, HOLLYWOOD: After the successful releases of "Vegas Rhythm" and "You know, it don't have to be strictly country - Vol 1" we are proud to tell that Fort Baxter wanted to join forces with them ,releasing "The Brightest Star of Sunset Boulevard Vol 1 & 2".
We at Gravelroad music, loved the idea and know the high standards Fort Baxter lives up to. It has to be an excellent release, so we said; "Great let's do it , but.... A 2 cd value Digipack and working with the original recording! So everybody will have the change to have it complete this time". Value for money is needed in these times. The moment we started to work we discovered that the original sound was much clearer and much more spread to left and right. The background instruments where suddenly present. Elvis voice was in the room and were present there at the rehearsal.
We knew it is a justified release, no compressors, limiters, etc. It's exciting and more ... pure Elvis

- DISC 1: 1.That's All Right, 2.I Got A Woman, 3.The Wonder Of You, 4.I've Lost You 5.The Next Step Is Love 6.Stranger In The Crowd 7.You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling 8.Something 9.Don't Cry Daddy #1 10.Don't Cry Daddy #2 11.You Don't Have To Say You Love Me 12.Polk Salad Annie 13.Bridge Over Troubled Water 14.I Can't Stop Loving You 15.Just Pretend / Don't it makes you wanna go home (few lines) 16.Sweet Caroline / Love me tender (few lines) 17.Words

- DISC 2; 1. Suspicious Minds 2. I Just Can't Help Believin' #1 3. I Just Can't Help Believin' #2 4. Tomorrow Never Comes / Running Scared (few lines) 5. Mary In The Morning 6. Twenty Days And Twenty Nights 7. You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
8. I Just Can't Help Believin' #3 9. Heart Of Rome (uncensored) & reprise 10.Memories 11.Johnny B. Goode 12.Make The World Go Away / Delilah (few lines) 13.Stranger In My Own Home Town (uncensored) 14. I Washed My Hand In Muddy Water

Gravelroad state that other old Baxter and Bilko titles will also be released by them next year from the original tapes and reels.
"You know, it don't have to be strictly country - Vol 2" is unfortunately delayed due to this release. . . . (News, Source;Various)
Back to top Go down
danusia
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
danusia

Number of posts : 2967
Registration date : 2008-05-01

'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue   'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:53 pm

The Fort Baxter / Gravel Road re-release of "The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard Volume 1 and Volume 2" is out.
Back to top Go down

'The Brightest Star on Sunset Boulevard' Reissue
Page 1 of 1