WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis sightseeing in England

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Elvis sightseeing in England Empty
PostSubject: Elvis sightseeing in England   Elvis sightseeing in England Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:20 pm

I read this post at some other forum thought it was intresting:-

The UK tabloids are having a field day with this story about Tommy Steele playing host to Elvis in London, for one day only, in 1958, when he was doing his Army service in Germany.

Could this be true? And, if it happened, isn't it plausible that this tool place when Elvis travelled to Paris, on offical leave?

Would the Army had allowed him to go, other than on offcial leave, say leaving from Germany?

One person may know whether this is true, and that is Lamar Fike, who was with Elvis in Paris. Now, Joe Esposito may know, but I guess Charlie Hodge, who was with him during that time, can no longer confirm it.

Did Tommy Steele think about taking pictures of the time they spent togethter and if so, does he still have them?

I think this is one of those times when the story rings true. The only thing that I find odd, was the nature of the phone conversation they had, prior to his actually going there.
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Elvis sightseeing in England   Elvis sightseeing in England Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:44 am

There have been a few posts about this Rick.

I would not know but a lot of the more informed guys say this is BS.

So that is the answer.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Elvis sightseeing in England   Elvis sightseeing in England Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:53 am

What I dont get is why has all this come out now?
Would be brilliant if it did happen but I dont think it did No No No
Why would he say they did though.... its a big thing to come out and say after all this time.
Hope one of the MM speak out and tell us if its true or not
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

PostSubject: Re: Elvis sightseeing in England   Elvis sightseeing in England Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:06 am

I believe Marty Lacker has spoken out and said that Tommy Steele met Lamar Fike while he was in Europe, but that the story of Elvis and Tommy touring London for a day isn't true....as he remembers it anyway.
Back to top Go down
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Elvis sightseeing in England   Elvis sightseeing in England Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:04 pm

I Don't believe this story AT ALL. At the time, Elvis was the most famous GI on the planet; even with a crewcut he would be instantly recognizable.
To accomplish even a covert trip to London, Elvis would have needed security, he would have met and talked to people on the plane from Germany- stewardesses, the pilot probably would have known, I'm guessing Elvis and Tommy had a driver to tour them around London. To date not one single person has ever come forward- ever.
And Tommy Steele's response to this story leaking out is suspiciously vague- alluding to something that happened "between 2 people".
I file this with Diana Dors' fantasies that she and the King were lovers.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Poster Of The Week
Poster Of The Week
Sean

Number of posts : 2251
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Elvis sightseeing in England   Elvis sightseeing in England Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:25 pm

My guess is that Tommy Steel told this story to Bill Kenwright to try and impress him and now Tommy Steele feels stupid but is too embarrassed to admit the story was a lie.

Like most people when they make stories up, they always will get caught out in the end.

Just cause they think Elvis is no longer with us they can say rubbish like this.

Very much like Diana Dors coming out with the rubbish she did about her and Elvis travelling down to Mexico and smoking pot in '57. Rolling Eyes

What angered me about this story, it was only a few days after Elvis had passed away and she was using that to make herself look good.

Nasty woman. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rockin T
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rockin T

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Elvis sightseeing in England   Elvis sightseeing in England Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:01 am

IF it was true (and I don`t believe it is) then why the big secret after all this time?
What would it have harmed anything if it had come out?
I just don`t get the reasoning behind it.

I think you may just have hit the nail on the head Sean with your opening comment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis sightseeing in England   Elvis sightseeing in England Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis sightseeing in England
Page 1 of 1