WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
elvisinmemphis
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
elvisinmemphis

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales Empty
PostSubject: Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales   Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:31 pm

It really was a fantastic night of Elvis nostalgia at Blackwood on Friday night.
It was a sell out weeks before and at opening time there was a real buzz in the air again with ETA's from the TV show it really felt it had a glitz about it all.
Jamie (Jelvis) opened up the show and for someone of 17 you couldn't help but be impressed. His song list was:
1.That's Alright Mama
2.Good Rockin' Tonight
3.I Want You, I Need You, I Love You
4.Shake Rattle and Roll
5.Young and beautiful
6.Mess of Blues
7.Love Me
8.Jailhouse Rock
Jamie went down a storm and for someone so young oozed a lot of confidence. The audience really enjoyed him and there is no doubt he is very talented. (Again the BBC show was criminal in the way they discarded acts so early)
Gordon also went down an absolute storm as the audience were probably seeing a standard of Elvis show by now that they had never previously witnessed.
his set list was
Trouble/ guitar man, Lawdy miss clawdy, Are you lonesome tonight, Dont be cruel, In the Ghetto, Memories, One night with you, Cant help falling in love, medley, If I can dream.

They are out of the the top drawer as far as ETA's go

Regards Steve
Back to top Go down
spirit of elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
spirit of elvis

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales   Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:16 pm

wish i could have been there, didnt even know it was on or would have been there.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales   Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:24 am

Thanks for the review Steve! Would have liked to have been there myself.
Yeh your right about 'the worlds greatest Elvis' where they got rid of a lot so quick. I really enjoyed Jelvis's routine and am glad that there is another one to add to the new generation of ETAs who will carry on Elvis's legacy for years to come Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com

PostSubject: Re: Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales   Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 4:15 pm

I enjoyed meeting Jamie (J'Elvis) in Memphis last summer, where he went over very well at the informal Graceland Tent performances. He also did well at the Images contest. Charles Stone (who worked with Elvis) also arranged for Jamie to perform with the Stamps Quartet and Kraig Parker at a show in Illinois, where he received standing ovations from the audience...for someone only l7 years old, he's had an exciting year and is an emerging ETA talent. Sounds like he went over very well at this recent show. Carol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales   Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds greatest Elvis concert Blackwood South wales
Page 1 of 1