WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton

Go down 
+4
Mike Shelby
pauldb38
Joppo85
PaulShookUp
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2007-07-28

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Empty
PostSubject: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:52 pm

Just got back from Bolton will be putting a more indepth review of this show later once i have had a rest, but WHAT A BLAST every Entertainer gave 100% Justin Shandor, Gordon Hendricks, Steve Preston (WHO EVER HE IS LOL ) and Shawn Klush plus The Sweets and DJ Fontana its a night i will never forget for the rest of my life i just wish i thought of this 1st Explosive Energetic, Excellent i was lucky enough to have VIP Passes and that made my night even more i cannot wait for the DVD to take it all in i was just in Ore of Shawn Klush i had seats to the front of the Arena but i wanted the right illusion so went and stood at the back of the Arena and let me tell you this as an Elvis fan i thought i was watching Elvis spooky what a rush more to follow later Thank You to all the organizers for a Fab time and Bringing me a night i will never forget Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Aaaaaaawwwwww, that is sooo nice!!! cheers
I bet you had a great time! (and maybe a hangover?) Wink
Hope to see some pictures. Very Happy
Or maybe they will lay some out on You Tube, that would be nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi all,
what was the crowd capacity last night at this show

Regards
Joe queen
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:42 pm

I would say at a guess around the 4000 mark could be wrong but a hell of alot of people was there Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:37 pm

I am real glad it was such a success!!! Well done to Steve & the guys, wish I could have been there to it myself! Maybe next time I hope!
Keep rockin' & again WELL DONE GUYS!
Back to top Go down
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:38 am

Can me , Ste and Carol also say it was a great evening, good to see some of you guys there.

Well done to all who took part and contributed to a great show.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:23 am

Paul and I, along with my mum and dad also went to the Bolton Arena on Saturday. It was lovely to meet up with some of the members on here, Mark (TCBinaflash) and his gorgeous wife Michelle, Paul (Paulshookup), his lovely wife Carol and DJ Ste (though I didnt manage to get his autograph this time hehe), Mark Summers and Garry John and his dad to name a few.
After a couple of jars we made our way over to the Arena where we met Vernon Kay in the foyer!
We got our tickets at last min so was sat near the back but the atmosphere was electric. The seats wernt very comfy and as there where no screens we couldnt see too well, plus we wanted to have a good old dance so we went and stood at the back.
As soon as Justin came on I knew he was gonna blow us away and he did. We danced to every song, he had soooo much energy and was soooo touched by him singing 'unchained mellody' at the end, which I guess he doesnt get to do very much as he pays tribute to the younger Elvis years. It was amazing! Then we had Gordon Hendrix who was absolutely fab doing all the favs from the 68 comeback special. Such an outstanding voice! Then our very own Steve Preston came on. I have never heard him such fine voice, he looked great and he sang all the greats and I was so pleased he sang Promissed Land, which is one of my all time fav's and he sings it soooo well. Its a tough song to sing but he nailed it! Then Shawn Klush came on. It was just amazing! Even standing so far back, for a split second you got a sense that Elvis was in the building. I have always rated him as a fantastic look alike but not sound alike but he sounded absolutely spot on. I loved his version of hurt. Gave me goose pimples! I have some footage of him singing Polk Salad Annie is only on a camera phone so not very good quality but you will get the drift. Will get Paul to show me how to do it later. Hehee! All in all had a most fab night. The only thing that would have made it that bit more special would have been to put screens up so we could see the tributes on stage properly but otherwise totally amazing!
Here are some piccys of the night:
_________Me and Mum at the Harvester_____________________Me and Mum With Vernon Kay__________
The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Lorna_11The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Lorna_10

_________Paul with Vernon Kay___________________________Steve Preston on Stage__________
The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Paul_a10 The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Steve_10
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 am

Lorna, those are absolutely great pictures!!!
Youre mom looks so very good!!
And you look just breathtaking! I love youre dress!
I am very curiouse for those camera shots!! Laughing
Great that you just had a fantastic time!!
Now i realy have to look it up on You Tube, i hope so much that they have a clip.
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:28 am

eselvisfan wrote:
Lorna, those are absolutely great pictures!!!
Youre mom looks so very good!!
And you look just breathtaking! I love youre dress!
I am very curiouse for those camera shots!! Laughing
Great that you just had a fantastic time!!
Now i realy have to look it up on You Tube, i hope so much that they have a clip.

My mum is just gorgeous I know. She has always looked after herself. She is really fun, my best friend. We had such a fab time, me and my mum danced all night. A great night all round Very Happy
Will try to get the Shawn Klush footage up later, though tbh you cant actually tell its him, he is sort of a white blur but the sound quality is pretty good. Hehe x
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:33 am

That is fantastic, that you have that kinda relationship with youre mom!
I can tell she toke good care of her self, she looks absolutely great!

Ooo, thank you very much, can waith to see it!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Joppo85
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Joppo85

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:43 am

Good morning everyone,

Thought you might like to see these pictures from Saturdays show. I was lucky enough to be involved with the show & it was a truly amazing experience. I met DJ Fontana in the afternoon and asked him how he was doin... he said "I'm good, but I ain't never seen as much god damn rain in 24hours in my whole life" Very Happy I've been an Elvis fan since I started going on the road with Steve @ 16 so to be meeting people like DJ & the sweets was brilliant for me.

Lorna, I agree with what you said in your review & glad you enjoyed it. The only possible negative is the lack of screens but I thought the set looked very authentic.

I was doing the spotlight but had to give Steve a massive cheer & a clap after his set & ended up missing him as he walked off haha. It's the best I've heard him sing for a while. All 4 acts were brilliant & the event certainly lived up to it's billing Very Happy

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Xq9rxpg4on3qvykd2d

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Xroumzrpmyti5299pm4

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Wpfjrx3xs2iuobsrsrj

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Uoib1p9bpfnoy57x1s5v

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Qw5y9vao77xogbqsjryx
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitetributes.com
Lorna
Lorna

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:54 am

Fantastic pics Joppo! Yes the set looked amazing, they are Steve's lights arent they? They looked really effective! Very Happy
I know they were taking advance bookings for the DVD on Saturday but we had to dash straight after the show. Do you know how you get hold of a copy. Would be great to re-live the night again. It was awsome! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joppo85
Joppo85

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:00 am

I cant take credit for those pics unfortuneatly, i nicked em off the website. affraid

I'm not sure about the dvd Lorna. I'm as eager to get hold of a copy myself. I'll ask John when he thinks it'll be ready & let you know. I think they're gonna shift a few copies when it is.... Very Happy

Nice pics with Vernon by the way, my girlfriend is gonna be REALLY jealous when I show her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitetributes.com
PaulShookUp
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
PaulShookUp

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:58 am

Taken from Monday's Bolton News
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/boltonnews/3584468.Elvis_fans_flock_to_arena/
Elvis fans flock to arena

9:30am Monday 11th August 2008By Saiqa Chaudhari »

SHAWN Klush, billed as the world’s number one Elvis tribute artist, left the crowds as shaken up at Bolton Arena, the venue for the UK’s World’s Greatest Elvis Tribute Artist Concert.

Fans of Elvis came from across the country to see the concert on Saturday.

And for many it was the closest thing to seeing the legend himself perform — since the man himself died before he could embark on his planned UK tour.

Freda Armstrong, aged 63, from Bolton, said: “I think he his wonderful. I used to do the housework to his music. I have been very excited about seeing this concert for weeks now.”

Presley’s original drummer D.J Fontana was on stage, together with his backing vocalists The Sweet Inspirations, and Klush was wearing one of Elvis’ rings.

The concert even had a touch of Las Vegas glamour with a dancing troupe.

The concert took the near capacity audience of about 4,000 through the Elvis years with tribute acts Justin Shandor, Gordon Hendricks and Steve Preston performing before Shawn Klush drove the crowd wild.

The delay in starting the concert because of traffic problems soon became a distant memory.

Dressed in the flamboyant gear of Elvis’ Las Vegas’ years, Klush jived and thrusted his way through the hits.

Klush told the crowd: “I have been all over the world, and never been treated as good as this. You guys are a tremendous audience.”

After the concert, Klush said: “I have had a tremendous time. It is a fantastic arena and the people who came were amazing.”

He added: “Elvis is popular over here and it is important that we come back to the UK to keep his spirit alive."
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Anyone catch The Daily Star today page 19 full page spread about the Bolton Show
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:50 pm

One thing ticked me off BIG Time at this FANTASTIC EVENT
Is the Idiots who came dressed in stupid Elvis head gear ie plastic wigs and some ETA's turned up in there Jumpsuits or rehearsal gear not called for not performing why do they do that?
Back to top Go down
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Mark i told you before Steve was part of the show in his rehearsal gear affraid

I totally Enjoyed the show and though Steve Preston did the UK proud you see its not just the americans who can do a good tribute lol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We even met Vernon Kay who apparently would like to give my wife one affraid affraid affraid He seemed a little put off when i said as long as i can get my camcorder out affraid affraid affraid But i had to admire his taste in women ater all my lorney is stunner Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Like i say though well done to Steve for putting on a great event the only thing i will ask of him is next time put some big video screens up so we can see the acts close up. But well done on the turn out 4000 + that takes some beating does that.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Yes i agree Paul i would agree with Vernon Lorna Mum is a hottie too Cor Blimey GUV
and i agree video screens would have been nice too but i stole them for my events Paul Duh !!! Steve did do us Proud very much so it was a Jolly Good show one i will never forget and cannot wait to have it on DVD however i think nerves showed through with Gordon with Memories but he soon stepped up to the mark and got bang on course Justin well he will be a TOP ETA no doubt there would love to see his concert years because boy when he sung Unchained Melody he blew the roof of that building hit them notes bang on and he made the back of my hairs stand to attension.

Shawn Klush well closest i will ever get to see Elvis simple as that and he is the BEST ETA out there today he has surpassed all others in my opinion.

Steve Preston what a gem its great that Steve Preston was representing us Brits way to go steve whoever you are lol

And not forgetting Mr D.J Fontana what an honour meeting him..

Last edited by TCBinaflash on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Shelby
Mike Shelby

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:43 pm

TCBinaflash wrote:
One thing ticked me off BIG Time at this FANTASTIC EVENT
Is the Idiots who came dressed in stupid Elvis head gear ie plastic wigs and some ETA's turned up in there Jumpsuits or rehearsal gear not called for not performing why do they do that?

I gotta agree with you there Mark. Makes me mad to see this kind of thing. Who the hell they thought they were impressing God only knows. They just made themselves look total berks. I would never dream of attending someone elses show dressed like that - let alone the best in the world. One had a stupid wig, sideburns stuck on, glasses and Aloha jumpsuit and a pair of black shoes! Evil or Very Mad It's fools like that who risk turning this kind of event into a circus for the media to laugh at.

What all the guys up there did was a world apart from what those fools were about.

Big thanks to Steve for making this event happen - wow what a night!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikeshelby.co.uk
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Mike one of them guys you are talking about got there pic in the star today did you see it
Back to top Go down
Mike Shelby
Mike Shelby

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:00 pm

No I haven't seen that Mark! Why does the media always show the idiots??? I seriously hate it. Makes the world think all Elvis fans are sad sickos. I wish they'd focus attention on the normal fans and respectable tributes and Elvis' many achievements. It absolutly gutts me to see people turning him into a joke. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikeshelby.co.uk
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Me and Myrna   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:05 pm

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton 10082010
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:34 pm

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Dsci0410

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Dsci0411

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Dsci0412

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Dsci0413
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Oooowwwwww, thank you for sharing the pictures, Mark!!!! cheers
By the way, very cool shirt!!
Back to top Go down
TCBinaflash
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
TCBinaflash

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Your welcome Essie as you can see the pic of me with D.J Fontana which by the way i am in complete ore of the man you can see my face locked up in the pic and i asked Dj the question do i look like Zoolander or John Travolta ????? he failed to answer lol about my shirt when i took my seat for the show there was a bunch of ladies behind me and this is true they tried to steal my shirt they would not leave it alone just wish i had my Elvis briefs on lol lol lol! plus the only one was missing is Steve dont know where he was at the guy was so busy just a shame no pic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton   The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Worlds Greatest Elvis Show Bolton
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next