WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shrinking Jumpsuits

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Shrinking Jumpsuits Empty
PostSubject: Shrinking Jumpsuits   Shrinking Jumpsuits Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:47 pm

I bought a GORGEOUS Aloha belt the other day which arrived this week and it fits me like a glove-so far so good. BUT...as some of you know I love my food and my weight goes up and down all the time. Since Christmas I gained a few pounds but luckily I tend to be able to drop a bit of weight quite easily if I put my mind (and dumbbells) to it. I usually do this a couple of months before a TV project or something- but it's not like these crop up all the time, so the rest of the time I just enjoy life and my favourite Thai foods.
Back to this Aloha belt....I've already had to take it in as far as it will go but if I can slim down to my Target Weight it will be a bit too big.
Should i spend more dough and buy a duplicate Aloha but in a smaller size (assuming the seller will still have them available in a few months' time- he has had things in the past and once they've gone they've gone forever. I could manage to buy a B&K I suppose- but I think it's unneccassary).
I know the first gold eagle on the right-hand side will be halfway underneath the gold buckle if I shrink this belt right down. This sort of overlapping could lose an eta marks in a competition in theory. So...I could open up thebelt, detach the eagle and replace it further along the belt right next to the gold Ruby. Do you see what I mean?
I mean a jumpsuit is easier to doctor because they have existing seams, but the belts can be a pain to take in/out without everything going out of alignment- (Chains next to the buckle, medallions not going under the bucke etc).
Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Shrinking Jumpsuits   Shrinking Jumpsuits Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:19 am

confused Lol, have no idea what so ever JR Laughing Laughing Laughing
Its great loosing the weight (wish mine would come off as fast) but it is a pain having to buy new belts. Would you not consider selling your belt to buy another or do you want to keep it in case you put on a lil weight next christmas? santa lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
KING ELVIS
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
KING ELVIS

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Shrinking Jumpsuits   Shrinking Jumpsuits Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Well you could buy a new piece of leather and put all the stones, eagles etc on it an just re use the beltbuckle Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingelvis.dk
JRtherealJasper
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Shrinking Jumpsuits   Shrinking Jumpsuits Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks for reply, I'll see how it looks on me after I slim down a bit. It might just be OK, but if not I'm pretty sure I'll Doctor the belt myself rather than buying a new one.
King Elvis that's a very good point you raise because old belts can always be re-used for spare parts! And Lorna yes I think it's best to keep this one so I can go back to it when I increase again ( because I know I will!)
I remember Liberace used to say his wardrobe came in 3 sizes: Thin, Fat and Impossible.
I suppose many of the top ETAs have duplicate suits in larger and/or smaller sizes but for those of us working to a budget we have to employ our own alteration skills or go to a tailor!
Liberty Mounten told me once he also lifts weights all the time as his weight goes up and down.
BTW he is back living and working in St. George in America now for a while and is playing Pharaoh in Joseph as well as getting an Elvis band and orchestra together.
Talking of Aloha, has anyone noticed Jack Lord sitting in the audience? I heard he was in the "Golden Circle" sitting near Vernon Presley and I'm sure he can be seen sitting behind the woman who caught the cape on the bootleg videos, but the official DVD has different camera angles and you can't make him out.
Thanks Lorna and King once again for your kind replies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrinking Jumpsuits   Shrinking Jumpsuits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shrinking Jumpsuits
Page 1 of 1