WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol Empty
PostSubject: ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol   ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Hiya guys, is a question for ETAs really... have you ever had someone at your show tell you off or try to point that Elvis didnt sing songs like Sweet Caroline, Run Away, You dont have to say you love me... etc

We had it the other night at Asda.... No! Dont worry Paul wasnt walking round Asda in a jumpsuit Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was getting some money out of the ATM and this old guy came up and asked Paul if he was an ETA. He said yes and we got talking about other ETAs he has seen. He mentioned one and said 'oh he started off good but then started singing Neil Diamond, I thought he was supposed to be an Elvis Impersonator!' Lmao!

Ive had a similar experience with an Elvis DJ (obviously not DJ Ste or Paul as they know their stuff) but another very old school one. He was trying to slag Paulb off saying Elvis never sang Run Away! I was gob smacked that he, a DJ who has being playing Elvis for years didnt know. Well you cant know anything I suppose lol Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Joseph Littlemoor
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Knocking On Gracelands Door
Joseph Littlemoor

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol   ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:26 pm

hi there lorna

im not an ETA yet but im working towards it and i understand what you are talking about, ive been recording a few songs and have posted them on youtube. Sweet Caroline is one ive posted and ive been mocked at work for "not even knowing what Elvis has sung" i even had to bring in the LP with Elvis's recording of it on to show my work mates.

In my opinion Elvis did many great covers always with his own magic touch and im gonna love singing these as much as much as Elvis's own.

Adam

Little Elvis
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefeelingofelvis.com
Garry John
Admin
Admin
Garry John

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol   ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:53 am

Hi Lorna,
Yeh you allways get that so where you go why are you singing that thought this was a tribute to Elvis not Neil Diamond or why are you singing Bridge over troubled waters and many more but as you know you can talk to a man with a wooden leg but you cant talk to a man with a wooden head (or is that wooden heart)

Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes
regards Garry John ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadesofelvis.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol   ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi,
I dont post to often i think this will be my second time but this posting struck a chord. I had a guy keep shouting out he didn,t sing that as i was in the opening verse of bridge over troubled water & continued to do so for most of the song. When i finished i just said over the mic hey fella checkout you tube Elvis bridge over troubled water. At the end of the evening the gent persisted that he didn't sing it, i said again check out you tube.
The next time i performed there he approached me & confirmed what we all already know as if to reassure me i smiled & said Elvis sung loads of songs that many people are not aware of & probably most are on you tube. This is not only a good resource for watching & listening to Elvis to get the right moves/vocals at the right time in the particular song but a good place to point the people that are less informed than the knowledgable Elvis fan.
Anyway 35 years of being a fan & i'm still learning more.
Elcris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol   ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ELVIS DIDNT SING THAT... irm Yeh he did! lol
Page 1 of 1