WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?

Go down 
+2
Rossvegas
pauldb38
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Empty
PostSubject: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:40 pm

If you didnt do your Elvis tribute who else would you do a tribute to ? And how differnt would your show be ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
Rossvegas
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Rossvegas

Number of posts : 1073
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Good question
Am fortune enough to do several Tributes
I also do Johnny Cash UB40 and Madness but if i there was a artiste i would have to pick
Freddie Mercury great showman
Back to top Go down
Malcolm King
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Malcolm King

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:10 pm

My Morten Harket (A-Ha) karaoke always seams to go down well....but a tribute show? that's another thing altogether lol! but never say never!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.malcolmking.com
johnny king
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
johnny king

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:52 pm

I love singing 50's rock n roll stuff - always have. There are a couple of venues where i've gone and decided to do some Buddy Holly/Eddie Cochran etc stuff and they have asked if I can do a section of that as part of the show - so I do...

Hopefully when the band and myself get to rehearsing some of this stuff we'll be able to take it live... :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnyking.net
Sharrie
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Sharrie

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:25 pm

we are all up for that Johnny. Need to get the double bass fixed first. Start doing some of that in the New Year, maybe... you are very good at Cliff, Billy F., Buddy and Eddie.
Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Paul...I would do Dean Martin...in fact that's who I do anyway! This is me as Deano in the profile pic!
Dean was a real cool guy and Elvis liked and respected his performance. I have read that Elvis based some of his performances on Dean's Show. I guessing it wasn't Polk Salad Annie!
I do a Dean Mmartin Show followed by a second set of a mixture of tributes including Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, Johnny cash, Cliff Richard, Neil Diamond and always finish with Elvis. This is an enjoyable show to do as the audience don't expect the Elvis at the end and it's always a pleasant surprise (I've tried to word that so that it doesn't sound big headed - let's say it's the icing on the cake!)
I do believe that a lot of venues are looking for value for money so it is good to be able to offer some show options rather than just one tribute.
Feeling down today as I have to call off a gig last night - spent all day travelling from Portsmouth back home to Whitstable (took a mere 9 hours) but could not face going straight back out again and fighting my way across country to Tenterten - leaves a real bad feeling to let people down but the weather beat me last night.
Happy Christmas everyone.
Neil J Duncan
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com

PostSubject: Re: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:46 pm

aweee neil, don't feel bad about it I think that most everyone we know had a cancellation last night cos of the weather.. I think and hope people understand, it not worth anyone risking their lives to go out in such bad weather be they the performer or audience, and it was bad round that way big time bad as Chris says the snow flakes was like turkey feather hehe xx
Back to top Go down
Elvis in Kent
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
Elvis in Kent

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:37 am

Hi Michelle,
I agree with your comments, but it is only the second time I have cancelled a gig on over 20 years...and there is always a tiny element inside you that thinks "could i have made it?".
I think the fact that I had battled with the elements all day getting back from Hayling Island didn't help - I just couldn't face the prospect of having a quick shave and then going out in it all over again - plus getting along the A251 from Whitstable wasn't that appealing!
The people have been very understanding...but you still feel like you have let people down a little.
Good luck to Chris in Birmingham - he has worked hard over the past year or so to improve his show and deserves credit for that.
Hope to see you both there.
Best wishes for Crimble
Neil
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvisinthebuilding.com

PostSubject: Re: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:55 am

Am glad they have been understanding Neil, 20 years and only second cancelled gig is a superb record Smile but I do understand your thinking could have maybe made it etc.. but in these conditions big possibility that wouldnt be the case so weighing everything up the weather the horrendous journey you already had I think you made the right decision for sure.

Thanks for the good luck for Chris, I am looking forward to meeting you at Birmingham, Chris speaks highly of you and always tells me all how you took the time out to help him with his sound system Smile

Have a great Chrimbie (I like that word) and see you in jan!!!!

Michelle Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?   So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So If you didnt do a Elvis Tribute ?
Page 1 of 1