WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pauldb38
Admin
Admin
pauldb38

Number of posts : 3782
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ? Empty
PostSubject: Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ?   Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:52 am

This might sound like silly question but when i tell you this you can see why i have asked , you see the normal sort of answer you would expect is kinda like love the man , love the music etc etc but i had a conversation with someone today who totally threw me as to why his mate became a elvis impersonator.

It turns out his mate became a elvis impersonator because his daughter was going out with a elvis impersonater , which later he found out his wife was also having a affiar with her daughters boyfriend the elvis impersonator. I know this sounds like a Ricky Lake show or a Jerry springer moment but i was totally gobsmaked to hear this.

This happend years ago and no names divulged so don't ask i don't know affraid

So can you beat the obove ? Or just tell us the story of how you ended up in this game.

Paul.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ?   Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Aaaah, that is actualy a sad story, Paul...
Bad resond to become an ETA.
But i sure hope he loves what he is doing now.
And i hope also the daughter got over that, course that must have been horrible for her as well... Crying or Very sad

Johnny had Elvis-friends, and one time they had like many evenings, a Elvis evening, and put up a karaoke.
Then those guys found out, that he sounded like Elvis.
So they signt him up for a contest, and he just went allong with that. Very Happy
He became first too, and he never even performd or what ever..

So it actualy is not so intresting, when i read why that person became an ETA..
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
chrisfield
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
chrisfield

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ?   Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:25 pm

everyone will have a differrent reason,my reason is i felt i cocked up big time in my youth,left me very unhappy for a long time,now i have found something that gives me pride and confidence to make up for those misspent days
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvis1066tribute.co.uk
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ?   Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:17 pm

Aaaaawwwww, Chris, i am sooooo very happy for you that this has made you a man, that can keep his head up high!!!!!
Nobody has the right, to bring an other down, and i am glad you went on and things findly went right for you!!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ?   Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:38 am

I became on one through sheer love of Elvis really, loved his voice, the mucic, the look. when I was a lad I was bullied & Elvis was like a role model to me, I looked up to him as I did my brothers. I used to have all his films on video (still have!) & watch him everyday after school along with Bruce lee & Jackie Chan vids - ha!ha! Elvis always came out the victor when he got into a rumble in his movies & always looked so cool. I knew that he did karate so I decided to take a martial art (WuChia - Wing Chun) & loved it - l will tell ya this, I was never bullied again . . . the rest is history! . . . . THANKYOU ELVIS!
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ?   Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:53 am

I seen a documentairy befor, that an old school mate of Elvis told that they used to tease and bullie Elvis at school.
Guess who had the last laugh??!! Very Happy
I think it is great of you guys, that you won back youre confidence!!!
My hands up to you!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ?   Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Did You Become A Elvis Impersonator/Tribute ?
Page 1 of 1