WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWW.ELVISISINTHEBROWSER.CO.UK

Elvis Impersonators / Elvis Tribute Artist Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator Empty
PostSubject: Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator   Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:35 pm

I found this today - not a bad read...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/862551/tribute_artist_or_impersonator_do_you.html
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.UKELVIS.CO.UK
charmainejensenvoisine
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 2539
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator   Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:09 pm

This was interesting read Mike, btw, Walt Sanders in the article I would call an Elvis Tribute Artist. He unlike many has his own hair, does not wear tons and tons of make up or try to hard to look like Elvis, does not go for the standard pose that some try to hard to make..

This guy in fact puts on one heck of a show, it is worth seeing! Look him up and check out his videos. I have talked to his fans and he has quite the following.

Huugs Charmaine xx
Back to top Go down
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator   Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:21 pm

charmainejensenvoisine wrote:
This was interesting read Mike, btw, Walt Sanders in the article I would call an Elvis Tribute Artist. He unlike many has his own hair, does not wear tons and tons of make up or try to hard to look like Elvis, does not go for the standard pose that some try to hard to make..
This guy in fact puts on one heck of a show, it is worth seeing! Look him up and check out his videos. I have talked to his fans and he has quite the following.
Huugs Charmaine xx

Interesting you say this CJ.

Sometimes when I look back at my videos and then check out Elvis doing the same song (The `68 comeback medley I have on youtube comes to mind) I think I would say my moves are similar but different - if you get my drift Very Happy

It is my opinion that unless u r an Elvis `clone` you will not win an ETA contest (my opinion only and I`m not having a go at anyone - just to clear that up lol! )

So I think a big decision for ETA`s is to decide what they are, I suppose. This will be based on what they are good at.
Back to top Go down
eselvisfan
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
eselvisfan

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator   Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:26 pm

NOBODY can look or sound like Elvis, i dont think.
You can have chirgurie, or make-up all you want, but its just not Elvis.
Maybe some come close, by looks, moves, or sound, but i havent met or seen any that can be like Elvis.
That is why it is good, that it has callt a TRIBUTE.
Elvis just had the full package, and that is veeeeeeery difficult to come close to such a unique man.
He was one of a kind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/forjohnnyreel/
MichaelAMemphis
Jaming With Elvis
Jaming With Elvis
MichaelAMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator   Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:20 pm

eselvisfan wrote:
NOBODY can look or sound like Elvis, i dont think.
You can have chirgurie, or make-up all you want, but its just not Elvis.
Maybe some come close, by looks, moves, or sound, but i havent met or seen any that can be like Elvis.
That is why it is good, that it has callt a TRIBUTE.
Elvis just had the full package, and that is veeeeeeery difficult to come close to such a unique man.
He was one of a kind.

100% with you !!!
Back to top Go down
Lorna
Lorna

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator   Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 am

Thanks for that Michael, it was a very interesting read. I have never thought about the word 'impersonator' like that before but now you mention it, I can see why they have said it was more a comedy thing.
ETA I think is better suited to most guys because they are not trying to 'be' Elvis (not that they ever could) but because they pay homage to him, to celebrate his music etc.
At the moment to me it has to Shawn Klush who is the closest but no one will ever get close enough, I wouldnt want them to, I love seeing ETAs because they are all different and bring something new to the table. The only thing I dont like is disrespectful ETAs though I think with the vast number of Elvis fans about they are a dying breed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.atouchofelvis.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator   Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting article Tribute Artist or impersonator
Page 1 of 1